GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The two accused shared a sexual interest in teenage girls and had earlier tried to kidnap Becky, prosecutors claim.

A computer analyst told the court that on 20 February, Hoare wrote on Facebook: "Hi, can you keep an eye out for Becky Watts and if you see her or hear from her please let me know as she is now missing."

Later that night, Hoare allegedly searched on YouTube for "Do you want to hide a body?" and then ordered a takeaway online.

http://news.sky.com/story/1570075/becky-watts-family-in-tears-over-bloody-jumper

:confused: about BIB

Also, re: the YouTube search, if NM wants SH to get off all charges, he will have to say he searched using SH's account I assume?

In the Sherri Rasmussen murder trial, a verified insider was her husband's friend. The husband was found guilty of murder. This VI also was a witness in the trial and was interviewed on a news program in the US.

Had to quickly Google that but I think UK/USA court procedures are very different.

Had to quickly Google that but I think UK/USA court procedures are very different.

There is no difference concerning a VI on Websleuths. If they're verified, you either accept their accounts or not, it's your prerogative.

I think "making indecent images of children" just means looking at child *advertiser censored* on the internet, rather than actually creating it.

I'm pretty sure this refers to saving a copy of the image to your computer / downloading it in some way, not just looking at it? Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: Thinking about it, I can't imagine child *advertiser censored* is just floating about on the web for people to view. It is the sort of thing you'd have to download I'd imagine?

Just caught up on today's reports, God some pretty horrific stuff again. Don't envy the jurors in this case and I really feel for RWs family, indeed anyone, that say through court the last couple of days.
Interesting that last post about SH and NM shouting and screaming the night before, possibly over RW or NMs interest in her?

I'm pretty sure this refers to saving a copy of the image to your computer / downloading it in some way, not just looking at it? Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: Thinking about it, I can't imagine child *advertiser censored* is just floating about on the web for people to view. It is the sort of thing you'd have to download I'd imagine?

Every time you look at a web page, you have downloaded it. Downloading doesn't mean saving it to keep.

The two accused shared a sexual interest in teenage girls and had earlier tried to kidnap Becky, prosecutors claim.

A computer analyst told the court that on 20 February, Hoare wrote on Facebook: "Hi, can you keep an eye out for Becky Watts and if you see her or hear from her please let me know as she is now missing."

Later that night, Hoare allegedly searched on YouTube for "Do you want to hide a body?" and then ordered a takeaway online.

http://news.sky.com/story/1570075/becky-watts-family-in-tears-over-bloody-jumper

:confused: about BIB

Also, re: the YouTube search, if NM wants SH to get off all charges, he will have to say he searched using SH's account I assume?

I suppose he will try, but CIA explained today:

Shaun Groves, a criminal intelligence analyst, told the court he had looked at phones handed to police by Hoare and Matthews - which the court had already heard were shared by the pair.

But the expert used a mix of witness statements, CCTV and phone information to attribute certain calls, messages and internet searches.

http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2015-10-14/becky-watts-trial-day-7/

Just caught up on today's reports, God some pretty horrific stuff again. Don't envy the jurors in this case and I really feel for RWs family, indeed anyone, that say through court the last couple of days.
Interesting that last post about SH and NM shouting and screaming the night before, possibly over RW or NMs interest in her?

I was thinking that NM may have told SH that tomorrow morn was the day to follow through on kidnapping plan and argument may have ensued

Police have released photographs of the suitcase used to store the bodyparts of teenager Becky Watt’s, after her stepbrother dismembered her with a circular saw.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...dismembered-body-parts-released-a6695951.html

Even if NM and SH had luck on their side and were able to discard these suitcases in various locations, there's no way imo, that the items couldn't be traced back to them. They're beyond stupid, luckily.

Admin, can you give us an idea how long verification takes?

Retribution I think personally that this is one of those cases where emotions run high, everyone has an opinion and hearsay often gets tangled up with facts which can lead to confusion. If I'm honest I've been a bit dubious myself and feel that you being verified would certainly alleviate that and once you are verified I'll be interested to hear any new facts you can share on this case.

One thing that is niggling me is that I remember in the reports when Becky was first reported as missing, members of her family said something along the lines of (paraphrasing) 'she hasn't run away, she didn't take her charger and MAKEUP'. If her family noticed that her makeup bag was still in her bedroom, then what was all that makeup that was found in the suitcases / bags in the shed?

I was thinking that NM may have told SH that tomorrow morn was the day to follow through on kidnapping plan and argument may have ensued

I thought the screaming and shouting happened after Becky's murder, not before? Sorry if I have that wrong.

Arguing heard the eve before is reported here as well:

She described hearing noises in the evening of February 18 - the day before Becky went missing from her home.

"There was shouting and screaming between Shauna and Nathan," Mrs Webb said.

"It was early evening, I was putting my little one to bed so it was between 6 and 7 maybe. It was for more than half an hour. It was very unusual.

"They were very, very quiet people. We never heard bumps or banging or people on the stairs. We often thought that they weren't actually in."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-neighbour-6596349

Oops...meant to quote Callista

It's almost midnight, been a tough day both on this thread and in real life for many, I feel a few of us are tired and emotional. We all want the same thing - justice for Becky - and we're gonna get it. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

:bedtime:

One thing that is niggling me is that I remember in the reports when Becky was first reported as missing, members of her family said something along the lines of (paraphrasing) 'she hasn't run away, she didn't take her charger and MAKEUP'. If her family noticed that her makeup bag was still in her bedroom, then what was all that makeup that was found in the suitcases / bags in the shed?

It wasn't necessarily Becky's makeup. Possibly stuff belonging to SH which was in the bathroom and got "contaminated" so it had to be disposed of?

But was Becky not reported missing the following day? So although the shouting took place the night before she was reported missing, it was the actual day she had been taken?

Edit - sorry just read that article says the 18th? I thought I'd read previously it was the 19th

For a while I thought maybe SH was dragged into something because of blind love for her man- they got together young, she had a child with him, they seem to be very to themselves and I can see it happening. God knows I have done stupid things for a man in my time- lied about bruises and dropped barring orders- desperate need to defend someone you love who doesn't deserve it and has got that through sheer manipulation and emotional abuse.

I would bet my life on this not being the case here. Both of them are thick stupid. There was no way in the world this was going to be a perfect crime nor were they going to get away with in in any way, shape or form. But she strikes me as a complete cold psychotic character lacking empathy and remorse is so far from her personality it is obvious. I have a degree in psychology as well so not entirely a casual observer. I lived with a true psychopath for many years so I know how they act, operate and behave. She had no job and sat around that pig sty day in and day out with a child. Something very amiss there to start with. This crime has a lot of scorned woman features that I see as well. Her text to him when he was shopping for the saw... it is like a big game for her. I have no sympathy for her in the slightest and I am waiting for more evidence to come out in the trial to prove my musings correct- if they are. Just my own opinion... I personally don't buy into the whole 'women are incapable' debate.

<snip>

Making Indecent Images

Actions that might be prosecuted as making an indecent image of a child include ...

Clicking on a web page that shows unambiguously that an indecent image will be displayed on screen as a result of that click.
Clicking on an unambiguous web page to cause a picture or movie, or a file containing many pictures or movies, to be saved on the disk of the computer.
Typing an unambiguous word or phrase into an Internet search and causing indecent images of children to be displayed in search results on the computer screen.

http://www.dilloway.co.uk/definition-of-indecent-image-offences.html

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/h_to_k/indecent_photographs_of_children/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads