GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 6m6 minutes ago

Jury hearing multiple calls between NM and KD were deleted from the call log on the night it's thought Becky's body was moved

I assume KD will claim this is his usual practice when storing or moving stolen items or drugs.

I think it's probable that KD was the main point of contact for Nathan and that JP knew very little about what was going on. She's still quite young at 23, KD is quite a bit older than her. I can imagine she was probably aware that her boyfriend was engaged in some dodgy dealings but turned a blind eye to it usually, so this would've been no different.

I even know girls who are in this situation (I have a friend whose BF is I'm pretty sure a drug dealer) and she has a kind of don't ask don't tell policy about it. It's not a good way to be, burying your head in the sand, but this is the way a lot of these things happen. The girlfriend enjoys the money made but doesn't want anything to do with the actual crime. I'm sure she just assumed this was another of his drug deals and didn't think much of it until the arrests started being made and she put two and two together. All MOO of course.

NM text his boss to say things were "crazy" and he was dealing with some "family issues" so could not work, court heard

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 5m5 minutes ago

In days leading to her arrest SH google searched articles on #beckywatts and also the terms 'Becky Watts' 'Shauna' and 'Nathan Matthews'

Ok, we appear to copying the same details LOL I'll stop.

I wonder why SH googled herself and NM, did she expect to find accusations made against them in relation to Becky, even before the arrest or is she a narcissist enjoying some attention? :confused:

NM text his boss to say things were "crazy" and he was dealing with some "family issues" so could not work, court heard

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 5m5 minutes ago

In days leading to her arrest SH google searched articles on #beckywatts and also the terms 'Becky Watts' 'Shauna' and 'Nathan Matthews'
Sounds like someone was getting paranoid - or got off on the thrill

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I wonder why SH googled herself and NM, did she expect to find accusations made against them in relation to Becky, even before the arrest or is she a narcissist enjoying some attention? :confused:

I imagine she was just trying to find out what the police were telling the public, and see if anything was being mentioned about them. It could be narcissism too, but I imagine it was mainly just tracking the story to see if there was any suspicion about them.

I'm just amazed after hearing this that she was so calm in those interviews though. How did she manage that?

Jury being shown Nathans and Shaunas laptop, mobile phones

Court hearing how Nathan sent Shauna Facebook messages about *advertiser censored* involving 16 year old girls

Also hearing about messages between the pair where they talk about knocking a "very petite girl" to take home "to the attic"

Jury being shown Nathans and Shaunas laptop, mobile phones

Court hearing how Nathan sent Shauna Facebook messages about *advertiser censored* involving 16 year old girls

It seems to me that they were fixated with Becky. Becky was the root of this IMO, Nathan's obsession with her was what fed the interest in child *advertiser censored* rather than the other way around. I don't know why but I just have this feeling that Nathan had been obsessed with Becky for a very long time, and she was fantasy that drove all of this activity. I also bet that drove SH CRAZY with jealousy. MOO

I think it's probable that KD was the main point of contact for Nathan and that JP knew very little about what was going on. She's still quite young at 23, KD is quite a bit older than her. I can imagine she was probably aware that her boyfriend was engaged in some dodgy dealings but turned a blind eye to it usually, so this would've been no different.

I even know girls who are in this situation (I have a friend whose BF is I'm pretty sure a drug dealer) and she has a kind of don't ask don't tell policy about it. It's not a good way to be, burying your head in the sand, but this is the way a lot of these things happen. The girlfriend enjoys the money made but doesn't want anything to do with the actual crime. I'm sure she just assumed this was another of his drug deals and didn't think much of it until the arrests started being made and she put two and two together. All MOO of course.

Have to wonder though - did JP think it normal for KD to be offered £5,000 just to store some stuff ?

@ITVBeckyTrial: Also hearing about messages between the pair where they talk about knocking a "very petite girl" to take home "to the attic"

Horrific.

^ ^
RSBM -

it does appear they only put two and two together after NM's arrest for murder. I wonder how that will work with 2 pleading guilty and 2 not guilty, if they virtually were in the same predicament?

I think DD will be trying to say he was only visiting the house on that night and just got caught up in things.
However, I think it could be hard to balance that with his deleting all his texts from that night and his avoidance of any conversation regarding Becky with workmates during the week that she was * missing*. It must have been heavily discussed in the workplace and to not only not say anything but to actively walk away from these discussions says more than simply not wanting to gossip about people he knew.

With JI , I think it will be much harder for him to claim non involvement. Even if he was only helping out a mate - KD - then surely he would have asked what stuff they were moving and would have known that it was dodgy ( DDs word ) so he was still assisting an offender.

I imagine she was just trying to find out what the police were telling the public, and see if anything was being mentioned about them. It could be narcissism too, but I imagine it was mainly just tracking the story to see if there was any suspicion about them.

I'm just amazed after hearing this that she was so calm in those interviews though. How did she manage that?

So, SH did all this, but still was not aware that there were searches being organised for Becky ?

@ITVBeckyTrial: Also hearing about messages between the pair where they talk about knocking a "very petite girl" to take home "to the attic"

Horrific.

My god thats creepy. The attic? Do they mean their ***** filled loft?!

Is the UK & Eire Database not giving live updates this morning, or is it a problem my end? Anyone know?

Is the UK & Eire Database not giving live updates this morning, or is it a problem my end? Anyone know?

Yeah they are that's where I've been copying and pasting the updates from.

My god thats creepy. The attic? Do they mean their ***** filled loft?!

Yep, my first thought also. That overloaded loft, full of rubbish bags - but guess that wouldnt have stopped them !

I think DD will be trying to say he was only visiting the house on that night and just got caught up in things.
However, I think it could be hard to balance that with his deleting all his texts from that night and his avoidance of any conversation regarding Becky with workmates during the week that she was * missing*. It must have been heavily discussed in the workplace and to not only not say anything but to actively walk away from these discussions says more than simply not wanting to gossip about people he knew.

It does look very dodgy, but it would also make sense that he would avoid those conversations if he knew his brother had been asked to store what he believed to be drugs in his shed by somebody closely involved with the case?

He may have suspected something but not wanted to grass up his brother? Also worth remembering that these types usually tend to harbour innate feelings of mistrust towards the police and as such are usually very reluctant to talk to them about anything (especially if they are already involved in criminal activity themselves)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop