GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 33s33 seconds ago

Courtney's evidence is finished. Court is breaking for 20 minutes to allow some paper work to be sorted before the next witness

Describing the relationship between Hoare and Matthews, Courtney said Matthews wouldn't let her cut her hair short, and buy her clothes to wear.

Becky said that Nathan wouldn't let Shauna cut her hair short and said that, like, she would... he would buy her clothes and stuff, like to wear, like it was kind of seemed really controlling, but I don't think she realised it.

– COURTNEY BICKER

http://www.itv.com/news/west/2015-1...graphically-describe-how-he-would-kill-becky/

Interesting that even Courtney is attesting to the controlling nature of their relationship, and that Becky had noticed and remarked upon it.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 25m25 minutes ago

CB says knew Nathan Matthews fairly well

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 19m19 minutes ago

"If someone said something,Nathan would say it ten times worse"-he was far more graphic.

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 17m17 minutes ago

Why did he threaten to kill her? CB:Becky said they'd have a normal conversation and he would randomly then describe how he would kill her

Siobhan Robbins ‏@SiobhanRobbins 17m17 minutes ago

Did she really seem worried about it?"yes,she did seem worried...it just creeped her out,scared her"

https://twitter.com/SiobhanRobbins

From the sounds of it he had Shauna in his pocket, doing what he told her to do, wearing what he told her to wear etc. Becky was her own girl who made her own decisions, NM probably saw that as a negative trait for a female to have, hence why he said she was a brat etc when she was just doing normal teenage stuff.

Becky had told the teen Matthews would often get "angry and aggressive" and would threaten her if she did something he didn't like.

<snip>

She said that basically she didn't want to confront him about this stuff but I kept telling her, 'You have to, this is your money'...

Becky told her grandmother about the money, and also her mum, and "spoke quite badly about him" to her nan. Courtney said she never told Anjie because BEcky felt she would side with Nathan, and not with her.

Courtney said at the time of her death, Matthews "probably owed like 100 quid".

In an attempt to get the money back Becky would text her step-brother, adding a kiss, to make it seem like she wasn;t angry and to "soften him up a bit"

http://www.itv.com/news/west/2015-1...graphically-describe-how-he-would-kill-becky/

He behaved like an adolescent schoolyard bully. So she tried to ignore him & perhaps, tried to make him feel less threatened by her, to pacify him a bit. Avoided direct confrontation with him and like the good Bully he is...

RSBM

He behaved like an adolescent schoolyard bully. So she tried to ignore him & perhaps, tried to make him feel less threatened by her, to pacify him a bit. Avoided directly confronting him and like the Bully he is...

I think you've captured NM and his character in all your posts. :)

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial 1m1 minute ago

Now hearing from Margaret May, NM grandmother

said NM's admission to killing #beckywatts was 'very shocking and distressing'

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial 1m1 minute ago

'Becky and Anjie were close' but 'Nathan didn't particularly like Becky', Mrs May tells the court

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial now56 seconds ago

relationship between #beckywatts and NM was 'at it's worst' in the last year to 18 months Mrs May says.

I'm surprised that DG and AG aren't being called to give evidence particularly around BW and NM relationship

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial now

Mrs May says SH was the 'dominant' one in the relationship, and would always 'get what she wanted'

(ohoh, this took a turn i didn't expect)

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial now3 seconds ago

Mrs May says her grandson's mental health went 'noticeably downhill' over past couple of years. 'He became paranoid'

I don't know if anyone else feels the same but, nothing about this case is adding up to me. I seems like there is a rather large piece of the puzzle that we just aren't seeing right now. From Nathan's 'kidnap' story which just seems so entirely implausible, to Shauna saying she was oblivious to everything, to the fact that the bathroom had literally no trace of DNA to be found and yet no sheeting or surface coverings were found with the rest of the disposal paraphernalia & body to indicate how they managed such a feat? Something is off.

AGREED. Something stinks.
If I were NM barrister I wouldn't have let him plead guilty. The case it's very swiss cheese, filled with holes.
Before everyone jumps on me, please remember it's not whether you did it or not. It's what can be proven.

ITV Becky Trial &#8207;@ITVBeckyTrial 8m8 minutes ago

Mrs May says SH was the 'dominant' one in the relationship, and would always 'get what she wanted' #beckywatts

O, I see now, said the Blind Man...

Hmm I can't work out if she's defending/excusing him or simply stating the facts

Hmm I can't work out if she's defending/excusing him or simply stating the facts

I'm trying to as well. Does she think he's mentally ill? SH the dominant one? Hmmm *scratching head*. Maybe, NM painted SH like that to her?

Edit: It would be good if she could give some instances of SH's dominance over NM.

Heart West News &#8207;@HeartWestNews 14s15 seconds ago

Mrs May says she was worried about her grandson NM's mental health & had tried to talk to him about it but he "laughed it off"

Heart West News &#8207;@HeartWestNews 14s15 seconds ago

Mrs May says she was worried about her grandson NM's mental health & had tried to talk to him about it but he "laughed it off"
Hmm curious... Wonder what was causing the change if true...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member