Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also worth noting that most people think of grooming by a paedophile. But grooming can be by county line gangs, terrorists, religious sectors, organised crime....there's so many possibilities.

Honestly until we find him, whatever the outcome, all we can do is speculate because there is no way of knowing exactly what's happened.

MOO.

I'm hoping his laptop and the DNS logs for the house will have/will give them an understanding of anything unusual going on.

I'm hoping his laptop and the DNS logs for the house will have/will give them an understanding of anything unusual going on.

Yep - and hopefully if they managed to get the details of his uber account/accounts which they seem to have done as they've spoken to the taxi driver seen in the cctv (been reported in the msm) then they will also be able to see if he had taken a taxi to the area before etc. JMO

they seem to have done as they've spoken to the taxi driver seen in the cctv (been reported in the msm)

That should be interesting if it is reported what the taxi driver and Richard spoke about.
It would be difficult to say nothing at all for the whole hour journey, but maybe it was just pleasantries. I doubt he told the taxi driver his whole plan, if any.

I hope it has a different outcome too but RO was not actually seen going into the forest, let alone being lured.

This is the exact spot where he was dropped off.

Google Maps

BBM

@tedtink, I do think you're correct in stating he "was not actually seen going into the forest", so what information might LE have received, and from whom, to result in the forest search for clues to Richard's disappearance?

Upthread I posted a link reporting the taxi driver had been interviewed. Perhaps something Richard said to him/her led to the search there. Or perhaps Richard dropped something on the route toward the forest, from where he was dropped off, or at the beginning of the path in the forest. LE likely have his DNA sample, to compare with any clue they may find, and his shoe size, to measure against any footprints they may find in a boggy area.

I assume all residents of houses anywhere near where Richard was last seen have been interviewed. Perhaps they saw him walk to the forest?

What can other sleuths suggest for why there's the forest search?

I think it is possible that Richard could have made trips out in the evening before the night he went missing. It is hard to work out what his mum’s shift patterns were but if she is often out for long shifts then he could be doing all sorts of things that she doesn’t know about.

On the 22nd it is reported that mum went out at 8:30pm and then back home shortly after. I think this must be a mistake and perhaps she left the house at 8:30 am. Does anyone know?

I know it has been discussed on here already but it seems very odd that Richard had a lock on his door in his family home. I wonder what the story is there?

Richard must have been somewhere between home and Essex for a couple of hours before getting the taxi. Whoever he was with at this time could hold the answer to what happened next. Who was he with? Why did he leave without a coat?

Richard looking back to see whether the cab had moved off seems like he didn’t want the driver to see where he was going next. Hopefully all the taxi companies will check to see whether they may have picked him up before. I wonder how the taxi information came about?

Leaving without money is strange but he could use a phone for transactions. Hopefully the police can check activity on his bank account. Presumably they are allowed to access his accounts?

I really hope this case has a happy outcome.

BBM

@tedtink, I do think you're correct in stating he "was not actually seen going into the forest", so what information might LE have received, and from whom, to result in the forest search for clues to Richard's disappearance?

Upthread I posted a link reporting the taxi driver had been interviewed. Perhaps something Richard said to him/her led to the search there. Or perhaps Richard dropped something on the route toward the forest, from where he was dropped off, or at the beginning of the path in the forest. LE likely have his DNA sample, to compare with any clue they may find, and his shoe size, to measure against any footprints they may find in a boggy area.

I assume all residents of houses anywhere near where Richard was last seen have been interviewed. Perhaps they saw him walk to the forest?

I presume it is because it is an open place very close to where he was last seen on cctv.
The police searched Clapham and Tooting common for Sarah.

BBM

Yes, technically the cctv does not show RO entering the forest. There are houses in the direction which he is seen walking, all of which will have been canvassed by police. Additionally SAR tracker dogs will have been deployed with the aim of establishing his route from the point of the last sighting. It is unlikely that police would mobilise such significant (and expensive) resources to search the forest without good reason to believe that he may be in there.

Yes, technically the cctv does not show RO entering the forest. There are houses in the direction which he is seen walking, all of which will have been canvassed by police. Additionally SAR tracker dogs will have been deployed with the aim of establishing his route from the point of the last sighting. It is unlikely that police would mobilise such significant (and expensive) resources to search the forest without good reason to believe that he may be in there.

Given the problems that the Met have recently been having and with the fear of further criticism ,I think the Police want to be showing they are using all possible resources to search for Richard.

On the 22nd it is reported that mum went out at 8:30pm and then back home shortly after. I think this must be a mistake and perhaps she left the house at 8:30 am. Does anyone know?

I know it has been discussed on here already but it seems very odd that Richard had a lock on his door in his family home. I wonder what the story is there?
<sbm for focus>

She went out on Monday at about 7.30pm for an 8pm night shift. He left at about 8.30pm and took the bus to Paddington, we now know. She tried to call from work twice, once at 10ish (rang unanswered), once at 11ish (didn't ring, provider later told her it was turned off). She returned the next morning at 8.30am-ish then went to bed and woke up again about 2pm, when she realised he was not at home and probably hadn't been all night. She became alarmed at about 5pm and called the locksmith and the police.

I was confused too but she gave an interview which is linked upthread and all these timings are gone through in order.

It's particularly awful that the police were so slack at first, I think, because she seems to have been so on the ball - alerting the phone provider to try and establish his whereabouts/status, checking if he'd taken wallet, medicine etc. She did all the right things and just got fobbed off and insulted for her trouble.

She says he had a lock on his door "for privacy". I think it's odd myself. I have sons of a similar age and would be concerned by that tbh, though obviously I do respect their privacy. Under the circumstances, there may be more to it in Richard's case, but many here have said they think it's pretty normal, so hey.

HTH

She went out on Monday at about 7.30pm for an 8pm night shift. He left at about 8.30pm and took the bus to Paddington, we now know. She tried to call from work twice, once at 10ish (rang unanswered), once at 11ish (didn't ring, provider later told her it was turned off). She returned the next morning at 8.30am-ish then went to bed and woke up again about 2pm, when she realised he was not at home and probably hadn't been all night. She became alarmed at about 5pm and called the locksmith and the police.

I was confused too but she gave an interview which is linked upthread and all these timings are gone through in order.

It's particularly awful that the police were so slack at first, I think, because she seems to have been so on the ball - alerting the phone provider to try and establish his whereabouts/status, checking if he'd taken wallet, medicine etc. She did all the right things and just got fobbed off and insulted for her trouble.

She says he had a lock on his door "for privacy". I think it's odd myself. I have sons of a similar age and would be concerned by that tbh, though obviously I do respect their privacy. Under the circumstances, there may be more to it in Richard's case, but many here have said they think it's pretty normal, so hey.

HTH

I am surprised she did not try to phone him again or check up on him the moment she returned home from her night shift. The conversation she says she had with the police has not been verified by them.

She says he had a lock on his door "for privacy". I think it's odd myself. I have sons of a similar age and would be concerned by that tbh.

Yes, I think it's strange too. It has been mentioned on this thread before. Some people think it's a bit odd, some people think it's fine.
Internal house doors in the UK generally don't come with keys and locks as standard, so it was probably fitted specially.... although it may have also been left over from if their place was ever a flatshare with different people living there before.

Why a teenager would need to lock his door when he goes out, I don't know. There's privacy and then there's, well,.....being secret. He only lived with his Mum. If he lived with other housemates he didn't know, I could understand it more.

Some people mentioned it may be to do with theft, if someone breaks in. But I reckon if someone breaks into the main door/window they'll break into internal doors and rooms too.

Locked doors are never a good thing, especially as Richard has a potentially life-threatening medical condition needing regular blood transfusions and medication.

She had to call a locksmith out to gain entry to see if he was in his own room. That's not right. He may have been ill and she's a nurse afterall.

MOO and IMO.

Another parent of teenagers who doesn't like the locked door. We moved into a former HMO to use it as a family home around a year ago and I unscrewed the locks on internal doors. My son and daughter didn't like it but I felt it was unsafe, and that's without the complication of health conditions

Internal house doors in the UK generally don't come with keys and locks as standard, so it was probably fitted specially.... although it may have also been left over from if their place was ever a flatshare with different people living there before.

What I'd like to know and understand is, as an adult, if RO went to a doctor/hospital to get more meds, would they be obliged to inform the police/his parents? or does patient confidentiality prevent them from doing this?
Looking at this document, it appears that it's not a simple matter of the NHS being obliged to share the info if the person is 'high risk'.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...haring_between_police_and_health_and_care.pdf

https://www.bma.org.uk/media/2821/bma-access-to-health-records-june-20.pdf

"6. Requests from the police
A common enquiry to the BMA is the rights of access to health records by the police. If the police do not have a court order or warrant they may ask for a patient’s health records to be disclosed voluntarily under Schedule 1, Paragraph 10 of the DPA 2018. However, while health professionals have the power to disclose the records to the police, there is no obligation to do so. In such cases health professionals may only disclose information where the patient has given consent, or there is an overriding public interest."

In summary, in most cases a court order is needed. HTH

eta- DPA = Data Protection Act

Re the question of whether Richard had been going out regularly at night: I'm wondering whether if he has this could explain his mum saying he seemed to be struggling, I can't remember the exact way she described it but something along the lines of looking a bit unkempt and so on. Also struggling with college work. It must be a very lonely life for someone living in lockdown with one other person who is on night shifts and perhaps Richard was usually eager to interact with his mum when she got up in the afternoon. If you had been out all night with friends though, you might not be feeling so sociable. Maybe that's what has been happening; youths meeting just to hang out as there is nowhere to go and they can't go to each others houses? It seems a long way to go for that but if these were the new people his mum described him as having met and they met online then he maybe didn't have many other opportunities to go anywhere so it was worth it to him?

'Nothing of relevance' found in search for missing Richard Okorogheye

Nothing of relevance found..... does the direct appeal suggest the police believe him to be alive? Or do they just have nothing else to work from?
I would love to think they believe he is alive, but they'll be keeping all options open until they have more facts to go on I imagine.

The article says nothing of relevance found "so far" and searches in the forest are continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia