Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 March 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not able to see the bag clearly in either of the pics from London so I'm still left wondering what was in the bag as it wasn't his wallet or phone or medication. I wasn't saying the bag was full just that it had something in it and the contents may have some relevance .it could potentially prove or disprove it to be a suicide. Why would he be carrying around a empty bag. Someone could of attacked him for his bag and taken it so if his bag wasn't retrieved at the scene where is it. In a case where the death is unexplained small details could make all the difference

I'm not able to see the bag clearly in either of the pics from London so I'm still left wondering what was in the bag as it wasn't his wallet or phone or medication. I wasn't saying the bag was full just that it had something in it and the contents may have some relevance .it could potentially prove or disprove it to be a suicide. Why would he be carrying around a empty bag. Someone could of attacked him for his bag and taken it so if his bag wasn't retrieved at the scene where is it. In a case where the death is unexplained small details could make all the difference[/

It is a small Adidas crossbody bag. I have circled in the attached cctv still.

He locked his door and took his phone. So keys and phone. He seems to be wearing joggers, often they have loose pockets, where phone/keys would fall out when sitting on a bus for example. Or easily pick pocketed. The bag he is wearing is just the type that teenagers use to carry around their phone and keys.

Also the PM states no sign of trauma in regards to suggesting he could have been attacked.

Attachments

• 5C187725-FEC4-4F86-B07D-E4FB31220E38.jpeg
    5C187725-FEC4-4F86-B07D-E4FB31220E38.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Ah I see what you mean now , I thought that was a logo on the back pocket of his joggers! But I can see the sort of small cross body bag you mean now, those bags are very small. In that case I don't think the bag he is holding in Loughton is the same as doesn't look the same shape , maybe it's a carrier bag/plastic bag as why would he have taken the cross body bag off. A small detail I realise. Would still like to know if this bag was recovered in case there was anything else that may be relevant within it

Ah I see what you mean now , I thought that was a logo on the back pocket of his joggers! But I can see the sort of small cross body bag you mean now, those bags are very small. In that case I don't think the bag he is holding in Loughton is the same as doesn't look the same shape , maybe it's a carrier bag/plastic bag as why would he have taken the cross body bag off. A small detail I realise. Would still like to know if this bag was recovered in case there was anything else that may be relevant within it

I don’t doubt it’s the same bag. It’s the right shape and size and you can see the strap. He’s just holding onto the strap after getting out of the cab. JMO

My heart has been so heavy thinking about what was going through Richard's mind that day/night and seeing his last movements on CCTV with his mask on and heading into the forest. The poor boy! I am just so heartbroken for his mother, Evidence and family.

Rest in Peace, Richard!

The mother of missing student Richard Okorogheye has said she's 'devastated' after a body found in Epping Forest was confirmed to be her son.

Evidence Joel told My London she 'hoped and dreamed' the body wouldn't be Richard's.

Ms Joel said: " I'm devastated, I'm lost for words. I was hoping, dreaming , it wasn't him. I was hoping I will go there and say it's a mistake, it's not Richard, but it is Richard."

Ms Joel visited Epping Forest earlier this afternoon with family and friends to lay flowers near the pond his body was found in.

Ms Joel said the cause of Richard's death is still unknown, according to police, but she is waiting for an update before the end of the week.

'I was dreaming it wasn't him' says mum of Richard Okorogheye as body identified

Plus the timing of the Uber is interesting to me, its approx a 45 min journey from the area he was in to Loughton meaning he would of got the Uber near on midnight.. trains stop running shortly before midnight so perhaps he missed the last train out hence getting a cab

Some night services were curtailed during the pandemic, but even with that, the last train to arrive at Loughton is at 01:07 am (the last three are roughly hourly). To arrive at 12.39 he must have got the cab before midnight, and he could have caught the last train.

Also the Tube from Marble Arch (nearby station on the Central line that goes direct) takes about 50 mins to Loughton. So at that time of night, not a big difference in time.

Plus the timing of the Uber is interesting to me, its approx a 45 min journey from the area he was in to Loughton meaning he would of got the Uber near on midnight.. trains stop running shortly before midnight so perhaps he missed the last train out hence getting a cab

Some night services were curtailed during the pandemic, but even with that, the last train to arrive at Loughton is at 01:07 am (the last three are roughly hourly). To arrive at 12.39 he must have got the cab before midnight, and he could have caught the last train.

Also the Tube from Marble Arch (nearby station on the Central line that goes direct) takes about 50 mins to Loughton. So at that time of night, not a big difference in time.

Yes the time in W2 and getting the taxi over a train still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It'd seem odd to miss the train when he's been in the area for that long. It's crossed my mind the possibility although I doubt it's true, that this could be one final middle finger from Richard to whatever issues he had by making it a pain in the *advertiser censored* to figure out - But only someone he's close to I guess could say if he had that kind of macarbe dark humour. Or perhaps he simply made his final decision and from then wanted to expedite it and eliminate the possibility of someone stopping him.

"His death is being treated as unexplained and police do not currently think anyone else was involved.

Ms Joel said she was "surprised" to hear officers say that.

"Something happened there. It's too far for Richard to walk into that darkness alone. You can't, it's tedious, it's darkness.

"So how did he get there? What happened? We don't know. I feel something happened there."

Ms Joel said police are still searching for Richard's shoes, phone and bag as his body was found without all three."

Mum of boy, 19, found dead in forest says 'my heart's been ripped apart'

"
"Something happened there. It's too far for Richard to walk into that darkness alone. You can't, it's tedious, it's darkness.

"So how did he get there? What happened? We don't know. I feel something happened there."
snipped

We really don't know if Richard had been to that spot before or how extensively he researched the area and route ahead of time.

jmo

"His death is being treated as unexplained and police do not currently think anyone else was involved.

Ms Joel said she was "surprised" to hear officers say that.

Ms Joel said police are still searching for Richard's shoes, phone and bag as his body was found without all three."

Mum of boy, 19, found dead in forest says 'my heart's been ripped apart'
I truly feel what she is saying here and it hurts me when I see those final images of him thinking that he was possibly about to walk off into the darkness alone but he was likely in a dark place, his mind wasn’t scared or thinking about what harm he might come to. JMO. I do wonder where his belongings might be but if you’ve seen the girl in the tank documentaries they explain how she drowned and was found without her clothing. So they could still be in the pond somewhere hence the continued search there.

Assuming that the current assessment that no third parties are involved is correct, the absence of shoes etc IMO tends towards suicide. Because he might have thrown them into the water himself, and being fairly small objects they'd just be harder for divers to find.

I find it harder to see how it could be an accident/misadventure with them missing, unless he'd just wanted to try wild swimming and something went horribly wrong. But then I'd have expected they would have been found somewhere on the banks. It's still water, so unlikely to have been dragged off the body or both shoes completely chewed away by wildlife. JMO

(PS: I think wild swimming is an unlikely option, though theoretically possible. Because who would do it in unfamiliar water during a cold snap?)

Last edited:
Assuming that the current assessment that no third parties are involved is correct, the absence of shoes etc IMO tends towards suicide. Because he might have thrown them into the water himself, and being fairly small objects they'd just be harder for divers to find.

I find it harder to see how it could be an accident/misadventure with them missing, unless he'd just wanted to try wild swimming and something went horribly wrong. But then I'd have expected they would have been found somewhere on the banks. It's still water, so unlikely to have been dragged off the body or both shoes completely chewed away by wildlife. JMO

PS: I think wild swimming is an unlikely option, though theoretically possible. Because who would do it in unfamiliar water during a cold snap?)

He doesn't seem to have a towel or anything with him or a change of clothes. Not sure either how many taxi's would be happy letting someone sit in the back for 45 mins sopping wet for the ride back. He must surely also know with the temperature barely above zero going for a wild dip with no one around could put him in serious danger with his Sickle Cell? I wonder if it's pathologically possible to determine if he was likely having a sickle cell crisis at around the time of death which could explain how he overcame the urge to surface.

ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths does not permit links or discussion about fundraising efforts related to threads on this site. Websleuths does not have the staff needed to verify the legitimacy of such campaigns, and so NONE are allowed to be linked or discussed on the boards here.

Anytime members see ***** in place of text typed in a post, that indicates that it is a website or term that is in violation of the TOS. To avoid a bigger cleanup of a thread, or possible closure of the thread to manage the cleanup, please remove your post, or report it immediately using the Report system.

The threads here are to be focused on missing persons, victims, families and friends that are affected by mysterious and/or criminal circumstances. Anything that tends to veer the discussion away from that is discouraged, and may result in removed posts or limited posting privileges. Websleuths is committed to honoring and protecting all who are affected by the topics discussed here, and so our higher standards are intentional in that respect.

THANK YOU for your continuing efforts to post within the TOS.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

Yes it can, but not in all people with SC.
Exercise can also cause a crisis, but we know RO played basketball.
We don't really know his limitations or what may have triggered a crisis for him.

His mum stated he was having exchange transfusions monthly- now common for SC which would make a crisis much less likely. But you're right, we don't know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead
Back