UK UK - Rory Johnson-Hatfield, 29, York, 20 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There have been a few in Newcastle, Durham, Manchester that I can think of but I also feel like it's more frequent in York.

It does seem to be prevalent in York, doesn't it? Although you have your fair share up your neck of the woods too!

Have you seen the newest one, Caroline Everest in Sheffield, last seen 2:30am in a club. A thread has just been started today.

Lol no guvnor!

Skeldergate bridge.. Hmm I'd say the sides are roughly just above waist height, I'm not sure. I think it could be Lendal Bridge is the one you're thinking of cags (the one Megan was last seen next to). My mum can't swim and she always refused to walk across it, it made her feel uneasy as the sides are quite low.

Could be! One of them gives me mild vertigo. Next time you're there check it out for me!

They must suspect he had walked as far as the Ouse, because if they were worried about the Foss surely they'd be looking further downstream?

Check Naburn Locks in a couple of weeks I reckon :(

Thanks Cags Looking at that Caroline case the bouncers getting abit heavy handed their!! but the river is 30 minutes from the club so fingers crossed for not a river death and safe return

I've just got back in. I took these pics as best I could as we were driving past. There is new info on The York Press Website, something about he was last seen around Castle Mills. I'll grab the link in a few.

Skeldergate Bridge, looking towards Ouse Bridge/CityCenter

image.jpg

The Foss and the back of the Travelodge

image.jpg

The only CCTV camera I could see as we passed, on the very corner of the Travelodge, next to the bridge.

image.jpg

A North Yorkshire Police spokesman said today that Rory had been drinking in the Postern Gate Wetherspoon pub on Thursday, where he had met a fellow hotel guest and the guest's father. He went with them to another pub nearby at about 11.30pm.

The spokesman said Rory then left the second pub at 12.30am, but the other guest believed he had gone to the toilet or returned to the hotel. This information was provided to police by the other guest, who was not familiar with York, and did not know the name of the pub they visited.

One line of enquiry being followed up by police is that Rory got into difficulty while walking near the River Ouse in the Castle Mills area, and searches of the water have entered a second day today.

http://yorkpress.co.uk/news/1409542...ch_for_Rory___Boats_resume_search___New_pics/

Any way of finding out where the other pub was?

In all honestly, in York it could be one of dozens, if not hundreds. It say's 'nearby' The Masons Arms is just across the road but they haven't said if they even know which way they walked to the other pub

I'm confused. Yeah, I know, sometimes it doesn't take much....

Story 1) The force said Rory was last seen by his friend at 12.15am on Friday when he left the York Central Travelodge in Piccadilly, where they were staying the night. “Rory never returned to the hotel and he failed to turn up for work in Skipton on Friday evening,” said a spokesman.

Story 2) A North Yorkshire Police spokesman said today that Rory had been drinking in the Postern Gate Wetherspoon pub on Thursday, where he had met a fellow hotel guest and the guest's father. He went with them to another pub nearby at about 11.30pm. The spokesman said Rory then left the second pub at 12.30am, but the other guest believed he had gone to the toilet or returned to the hotel.

That's two versions of events in one article. http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/14095427.display/

They can't both be correct. Am I being thick?

I'm confused. Yeah, I know, sometimes it doesn't take much....

Story 1) The force said Rory was last seen by his friend at 12.15am on Friday when he left the York Central Travelodge in Piccadilly, where they were staying the night. “Rory never returned to the hotel and he failed to turn up for work in Skipton on Friday evening,” said a spokesman.

Story 2) A North Yorkshire Police spokesman said today that Rory had been drinking in the Postern Gate Wetherspoon pub on Thursday, where he had met a fellow hotel guest and the guest's father. He went with them to another pub nearby at about 11.30pm. The spokesman said Rory then left the second pub at 12.30am, but the other guest believed he had gone to the toilet or returned to the hotel.

That's two versions of events in one article. http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/14095427.display/

They can't both be correct. Am I being thick?

Two very different version of events. Strange.

There was a previous case just like this in Glasgow a few years ago. Guy out with friends, left the nightclub & no-one could understand where he had got to. Unfortunately he was pulled from the river Clyde a week later. Michael Slaven was his name. Poor guy, I think drugs may have possibly played a part but it was thought he was intoxicated and fell in while walking home.

I wish youngsters would stay in groups when out, although I can't talk, I done some stupid stuff when younger. Walked home alone etc. it is as if you feel
Untouchable with a drink in you.

BBC News

Rory Johnson starts about 7.20

http://bbc.in/1N9Ym8x

Thank you for that Unique! The reporter is stood next to the old Bonding Warehouse, down by the river next to Skeldergate Bridge. "She says a man fitting Rorys description was seen here" Makes sense as that's where the boat was searching. I'll add that to the map

Those are 2 very different versions very inconsistent of events leading to his disappearance that means he left his friend at 12.15 am at York Central Travelodge in Piccadilly then went on to the Postern Gate Wetherspoon Pub and stayed their till 12.30am did he have time for a drink? And they can work out wether he said he was going home or going to the toilet?

I can can only guess that CCTV has not picked anything up to be of concern or they would have released it

Thank you for that Unique! The reporter is stood next to the old Bondage Warehouse, down by the river next to Skeldergate Bridge. "She says a man fitting Rorys description was seen here" Makes sense as that's where the boat was searching. I'll add that to the map

Well I don't know what you used to do down there but whatever floats your boat :loveyou:

Well I don't know what you used to do down there but whatever floats your boat :loveyou:

OMG!! Lol it's Bonding Warehouse. Auto correct epic fail iPhone :blushing:

Tbh it did used to get called the Bondage Wh***house back in the day. I had my first *date* with my husband there, at a co-workers 21st party!

Two very different version of events. Strange.

I didn't realise Wetherspoons seems to be part of the Travelodge. In which case it makes it all more viable.

I believe Rory had gone over to York with a friend. Perhaps they got separated during the night out for whatever reason and Rory ended up drinking with the 2 hotel guests. Maybe he went back up to the room, had words with his friend and stormed off? The timings could be slightly skewed a few minutes either way, but it seems likely whichever pub Rory and the 2 guests went to was close by.

OMG!! Lol it's Bonding Warehouse. Auto correct epic fail iPhone :blushing:

Tbh it did used to get called the Bondage Wh***house back in the day. I had my first *date* with my husband there, at a co-workers 21st party!

Tee hee. Obviously I couldn't let that one lie!

There was a previous case just like this in Glasgow a few years ago. Guy out with friends, left the nightclub & no-one could understand where he had got to. Unfortunately he was pulled from the river Clyde a week later. Michael Slaven was his name. Poor guy, I think drugs may have possibly played a part but it was thought he was intoxicated and fell in while walking home.

I wish youngsters would stay in groups when out, although I can't talk, I done some stupid stuff when younger. Walked home alone etc. it is as if you feel
Untouchable with a drink in you.

I remember this case well. One of my colleagues was from the same estate as Michael Slavin so he joined in the searches for him. The police told the members of public searching to stay on the ground and not climb into yards etc. The minute the polices backs were turned my colleague and his friends were scaling walls like spiderman.

Those are 2 very different versions very inconsistent of events leading to his disappearance that means he left his friend at 12.15 am at York Central Travelodge in Piccadilly then went on to the Postern Gate Wetherspoon Pub and stayed their till 12.30am did he have time for a drink? And they can work out wether he said he was going home or going to the toilet?

I can can only guess that CCTV has not picked anything up to be of concern or they would have released it

No, it's do-able Magneto.

What seems odd to me is that Rory (and friend) had gone to York for a night out, yet was drinking in the Wetherspoons in the hotel. We can assume if they had been out for the evening that Rory was back at the hotel by 11ish, on his own, got chatting to two other guests and then went to another pub with them at around 11:30. I reckon he sloped off back to the hotel at about 12:15, saw his friend briefly, and shortly thereafter left again, destination unknown.

In my head I've solved this. I think his phone records will be telling, as will the friends side of the story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back