GUILTY UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Law pages has another hearing in Feb.

Central Criminal Court 10 T20217322
Koci Selamaj
Details: Plea and Trial Preparation - Interpreter Sworn - 10:40
Plea and Trial Preparation - Case to be listed for Further Mention/PAD on 25-Feb-2022 - 12:06

https://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/Central-Criminal-Court.php

Case to be listed for Further Mention/PAD on [date]

The case has been adjourned until the specified date, on which further mentions and/or pleas and directions will take place.

Would that be so see if he pleads guilty to manslaughter?

Case to be listed for Further Mention/PAD on [date]

The case has been adjourned until the specified date, on which further mentions and/or pleas and directions will take place.

Would that be so see if he pleads guilty to manslaughter?

Further Mention is usually when evidence is tested. So perhaps e.g. the defence might present a psychiatric report, that kind of thing.

Alison Morgan, QC, prosecuting, said the evidence suggested Ms Nessa was beaten repeatedly over the head with an object, possibly a lump of wood.

Selamaj, from Eastbourne, East Sussex, was arrested in the seaside town and charged with her murder eight days after the attack.

On Thursday, Selamaj, an Albanian national, appeared at the Old Bailey for a plea and directions hearing.

The defendant, who is in custody, entered a formal not guilty plea to murder.

But it was indicated on his behalf that he accepted responsibility for killing Ms Nessa.

Asked by Mr Justice Wall if there was any issue that he was responsible for the killing, his lawyer Aidan Harvey told the court today: 'No there isn't. He accepts he killed Sabina Nessa.'

Members of the victim's family sat in court a few metres from the defendant in the dock who was assisted by an Albanian interpreter.

Bearded Selamaj, who wore a facemask and grey T-shirt, spoke only to confirm his identity and enter his plea.

Senior judge, Mr Justice Wall, set a further hearing on February 25 next year.

He set a trial date for June 7 next year and said it could last up to five weeks. The defendant was remanded into custody.

Garage worker, 36, pleads not guilty to the murder of primary school teacher Sabina Nessa | Daily Mail Online

I've just been skimming, so apologies if this snippet has already been covered:

CourtNewsUK

@CourtNewsUK

·
1h

Albanian Koci Selamaj lived in #Eastbourne - but booked a night at the town's Grand Hotel and stayed there after he killed primary teacher Sabina Nessa.

That's absolutely bizarre. The most expensive hotel, on the seafront, very traditional... Why?

That's absolutely bizarre. The most expensive hotel, on the seafront, very traditional... Why?

Probably treating himself knowing it wouldn't take long and he'd eventually get caught? JMO.

ETA: Also, as an immigrant, it's mostly all work and no play. I've personally been in London for over six years yet never had a chance to properly visit any of its tourist attractions. I suppose be could have offered himself this ultimate gift of finally letting go, fulfilling his darkest, most twisted fantasy and then enjoying even just a night as a guest rather than the staff. Again MOO.

Last edited:
Probably treating himself knowing it wouldn't take long and he'd eventually get caught? JMO.

ETA: Also, as an immigrant, it's mostly all work and no play. I've personally been in London for over six years yet never had a chance to properly visit any of its tourist attractions. I suppose be could have offered himself this ultimate gift of finally letting go, fulfilling his darkest, most twisted fantasy and then enjoying even just a night as a guest rather than the staff. Again MOO.
Maybe! But he'd certainly help the investigation, since his arrival would be noted and recorded and he wouldn't have been a typical guest.

I think he was hired to kill her.
And offered the night at the hotel after "job".

No connection has been found between him and anyone she knows as far as we know. Nobody else has been charged. Why not just kill her on the spot if he was hired? Why take her into the park?

This is really bizzare...any idea as to what possibly made him travel to Kidbrook? Its not the most obvious place notable for much etc...and why did he pick her out of so many possible victims?

And then he goes to stay in a luxury hotel...that is truly bizzare

So is the hotel in London or back in Eastbourne where he travelled from? So much doesn't make sense...

Why travel so far?
Why her?
What was the motive?
Why the hotel?

It sounds planned and premeditated but then he gets caught so quickly.

Ah ok. Thankyou. Even more bizarre then...he stays in a hotel instead of going home??
I think the bizarreness is not so much in his not going home, but in the particular hotel he stayed in. As you can see from the Streetview link JuicyLucy has posted, the Grand is grand, and has been Eastbourne's premier hotel since the mid-nineteenth century. It has doormen, flunkeys and CCTV. You don't go there to escape notice.

I think the bizarreness is not so much in his not going home, but in the particular hotel he stayed in. As you can see from the Streetview link JuicyLucy has posted, the Grand is grand, and has been Eastbourne's premier hotel since the mid-nineteenth century. It has doormen, flunkeys and CCTV. You don't go there to escape notice.
Yes I did look at it via the link. It is VERY grand! Almost like he knew he would be caught and wanted to treat himself before being arrested.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back