GUILTY UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Crown Court
at Central Criminal Court

Daily Courtroom List for Friday 25 February 2022

FINAL 1

Warning - There are cases within this court list with reporting restrictions.
Any breach of reporting restrictions is punishable by sanctions up to and including imprisonment

Court 2

THE HONOURABLE MR JUSTICE SWEENEY

SITTING AT 02:00 pm
For Mention (Defendant to Attend)

T20217322 SELAMAJ Koci 01MP0193521 BRENM CPS
DTA

A man has pleaded guilty to murdering primary school teacher Sabina Nessa.

[...]

In December, Koci Selamaj, of Terminus Road, Eastbourne, pleaded not guilty to her murder.

But on Friday the 36-year-old changed his plea at the Old Bailey and he will be sentenced at a later date.

Sabina Nessa: Man admits murdering south-east London teacher

I'm surprised he pleaded guilty actually. The evidence must have been overwhelming.
It looks as though CCTV evidence was crucial - his alibi at The Grand went very wrong, he didn't change his clothes for his trip to Kidbrooke, evidently!

"Three days before, the defendant put his plan into action by booking a room at the five-star Grand Hotel in Eastbourne, the town where he already had accommodation.

His reservation was for the night of 17 September and he arrived earlier in the day to check in.

Selamaj spoke to hotel staff and was captured walking through the lobby wearing the same clothes as the suspect later spotted on CCTV in Kidbrooke.

His Nissan Micra was tracked by ANPR cameras and cell site evidence was gathered to identify his movements from Eastbourne to London.

The defendant entered Cator Park shortly after 20:00 BST and lay in wait for 30 minutes before Ms Nessa arrived." (BBC report, link above)

Utterly extraordinary. It seems to have been a completely random attack.

Poor Sabina :(
Albanian national Koci Selamaj, 36, used 'extreme violence' to kill Ms Nessa, 28, whose body was uncovered underneath a pile of leaves in Cator Park, south east London.

The married delivery driver and garage worker travelled to London and lurked around the Kidbrooke area before targeting the school teacher as she passed through on her way to meet a friend on September 17 last year.

CCTV footage captured the moment Selamaj chased and swiftly overwhelmed Ms Nessa by raining down more than 30 blows on her with a metal traffic triangle, before carrying her away unconscious.

It is alleged that Selamaj then strangled her in undergrowth and removed her tights and underwear in what was suspected to be a sexually-motivated attack.

Married Domino's driver Koci Selamaj admits murdering primary school teacher Sabina Nessa | Daily Mail Online

I still wonder what made him choose to go to that area.

Has it been established whether he travelled to Kidbrooke specifically to lie in wait for Sabina Nessa (i.e. had met her previously) or whether he just happened to travel to that part of London and then attacked the first woman who crossed his path?

Predator killed Sabina Nessa with road sign in 'sadistic' sexual murder

Koci Selamaj lay in wait for a victim after driving from his home in Eastbourne, East Sussex, to London to attack a woman using "extreme violence".

Chilling CCTV footage captured the monster checking no one was watching before he started to run after terrified Sabina on September 17.

The monster pounced on her and battered her 34 times with a 2ft metal weapon - believed to be a red road sign - so savagely it broke into pieces.

He was then filmed carrying her away unconscious into the darkness.

The Albanian national is believed to have strangled her in undergrowth in what is suspected to have been a sexually motivated attack.

Just two hours before the attack, he tried to contact a former partner to pressure her into sexual activity.

Sabina's body was found by a dog walker covered in leaves near the OpenSpace community centre the following day just 200 yards from her home.

Has it been established whether he travelled to Kidbrooke specifically to lie in wait for Sabina Nessa (i.e. had met her previously) or whether he just happened to travel to that part of London and then attacked the first woman who crossed his path?

It seems from the reports that there is no question of him having known her. In fact I should withdraw my words 'utterly extraordinary' above, as we have recently seen several such random predators, unfortunately. This case is only odd in the distance from his own home, but there's a suggestion that he might have had Albanian friends there in the comment from an Eastbourne neighbour that he went to London to see 'members of his community'.

"Lay in wait for 30 minutes".

Does it mean that no other single woman crossed this park in that time?

For me "sex attack" seems staged.

And why kill her on the spot with terrible blows breaking the weapon?
1 or 2 blows would be enough to render her unconscious.

Last edited:
It seems from the reports that there is no question of him having known her. In fact I should withdraw my words 'utterly extraordinary' above, as we have recently seen several such random predators, unfortunately. This case is only odd in the distance from his own home, but there's a suggestion that he might have had Albanian friends there in the comment from an Eastbourne neighbour that he went to London to see 'members of his community'.

Thanks very much for clarifying.

"Members of his community" - ? You can practically hear the facial expression that goes with that. :rolleyes:

Another thing - he is nearly 40.
Was this his first sex motivated attack?
Such perps usually start in early 20ies, no?
Rapes, etc.
And she wasn't raped according to reports.

The ferocity of his attack (34 blows) seems...hmmm....overkill?
Nothing is known of his "diminished responsibility".

Last edited:
What is this vile *advertiser censored*’s “victim selection” criteria? I’m sorry but nothing in the literature - either medical or legal - supports the idea of a predatorial killer moving locations randomly in the way that’s been suggested?

Why did he go to Kidbrooke? Why did he choose Nessa? Wtf?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back