GUILTY UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sentencing adjourned until tomorrow. I don’t think KS will get whole life unfortunately although I’d welcome it but hoping for a hefty sentence.

<not an approved source>

I saw on the Daily Mail they said the judge said he should expect at least a minimum of 30 years.

Edit- Ah just seen Alyce has posted it!

Last edited by a moderator:
At the Old Bailey for the sentencing of Koci Selamaj for the murder of Sabina Nessa.

Mr Justice Sweeney calls Sabina Nessa the “wholly blameless victim of an absolutely appalling murder.”

He described Selamaj’s refusal to attend his sentencing as “cowardly”

Selamaj has accepted that the motivation for the murder was sexual.

The judge says the starting point for sentencing is therefore 30 years.

“Sabina’s was a life that mattered,” he says. “A life that did not deserve to be taken in such a heinous and cowardly way.”

https://twitter.com/mattuthompson/status/1512357631897350146?s=21&t=WX9hDdfASDo8zX8yeNU2dg

These cases I’m following at the moment, where minimum terms of 30+ years are happening, if I’m lucky enough to be alive when the terms are up (I will be in my 70s), I will genuinely look to pay attention to what the parole board is doing. I hope they assess cases better than we have done with the likes of Pitchfork for example (who never should have seen daylight, whether or not his minimum term was up).

This is an appropriate sentence under our current system, as much as I think a whole life sentence SHOULD be the starting point for this type of crime. RIP Sabina, by all accounts a beautiful person who didn’t deserve this horrendous act of evil, random violence (I don’t know who could). If I’m here and so is KS in 36 years I will pay attention if they propose letting him out.

Koci Selamaj sentenced to for the murder of London schoolteacher Sabina Nessa | Daily Mail Online

A depraved Domino's delivery driver was today jailed for life with a minimum term of 36 years for the murder of primary school teacher Sabina Nessa - who he brutally killed in a 'sadistic and sexually motivated attack' after planning to target a lone woman at random.

Koci Selamaj, 36, cowardly refused to face Ms Nessa's family in Court Two of the Old Bailey today as well as yesterday, while his father and sister watched from the public gallery.

Earlier this morning his lawyer had said he would never explain why he had done it, vowing to 'stay forever silent'.

But sentencing him, Judge Mr Justice Sweeney said Selamaj had 'positively enjoyed what he did in the park'.

Addressing him in absentia, he told him: 'A much loved 28-year-old primary school teacher who on the 17th of September was killed by him, a complete stranger, during a predatory attack upon her when she was walking alone.

'She was savagely beaten unconscious, dragged off the beaten track into an area of long grass.

'Yesterday the defendant refused to leave the prison to attend court or to attend from the prison via video link.

'However cowardly those refusals may be, I have no power to force him to attend. It may be that he will never be released.

'Sabina Nessa was a wholly blameless victim of an absolutely appalling murder which was entirely the fault of the defendant, which has added to the sense of insecurity people, particularly woman living in our cities, when walking or travelling alone especially at night.

Excellent remarks. The randomness and the pointlessness, and how lovely and brilliant Sabina sounds. It’s all heartbreaking, as well as terrifying. What made him think he had the right…?! So sorry, Sabina and sleep tight. I hope the man who took you away is never released.

The details are horrific. Attacking her over the head 34 times before dragging her body, removing her underwear and lifting up her clothes to expose her body. Doing this following checking into the hotel your ex-wife works at (without telling her) and being rejected for sex.

Clearly a misogynist who wanted to enact revenge and sexual humiliation against a random woman because of his lack of success with his ex (whom he also physically abused).

Koci Selamaj sentenced to for the murder of London schoolteacher Sabina Nessa | Daily Mail Online

Chilling CCTV capturing the moment Sabina Nessa's murderer tested out a rolling pin to see how much damage it could do as he planned to kill a woman was released today, as he was jailed for at least 36 years.

Koci Selamaj, 36, targeted the primary school teacher after prowling the streets of Brighton and London looking for a lone woman for his 'sadistic and sexually motivated attack'.

The Albanian was seen 'skulking' in the shadows of Cator Park in south east London while waiting for a victim on the evening of September 17.

Concerned hotel staff called police hours before Sabina Nessa murder

Staff were uneasy after Koci Selamaj booked room at his estranged wife’s workplace, but police did not attend

ETA: Not sure if this would have changed anything apart from being removed from the hotel.

Staff were uneasy after Koci Selamaj booked room at his estranged wife’s workplace, but police did not attend

ETA: Not sure if this would have changed anything apart from being removed from the hotel.

Thanks, LB. This is awful, anyway...I feel they should have attended but of course, that's hindsight. I live about ten minutes' walk from the Grand and it's always been the place for birthday teas and special events. At least the hotel staff were alert.

I don't think this has been posted, has it?

BBC iPlayer - The Murder of Sabina Nessa

Police were warned about Sabina Nessa's killer three days before murder but chose not to investigate | Daily Mail Online

Bashkim Selamaj, 73, hit out at his own son's actions following Koci Selamaj's admission of guilt in the murder of beloved schoolteacher Sabina Nessa.

Selamaj Sr, who has two daughters, revealed he was 'so sad' for the family of the murdered teacher.

The pensioner admitted his relatives were still 'shocked' and couldn't believe 'our son was involved in such a killing', reports the Sun.

'How could he hit a person he didn't know at all 34 times? We are shocked to learn that and we still cannot believe our son was involved in such a killing.

'Sabina was a human being, and this lady did not deserve death'.

He also revealed his son - who was determined to make money to help his family so started working at 13 - was a 'quiet, good boy who wouldn't kill a fly' in his youth.

As a lacklustre student who began bunking off lessons, Koci would work in a bakery and as a carpenter after the family moved to Athens when he was 12.

Sabina Nessa's sister slams Priti Patel for using murdered teacher's name 'for publicity' | Daily Mail Online

Sabina Nessa's sister has accused Home Secretary Priti Patel of using the murdered teacher's name 'for publicity' and said the attack has left her family 'scared to walk the streets alone'.

Jebina Yasmin Islam said the impact of the killing has been 'horrendous' for her family who she claimed would have been treated better if they had been a 'normal British white family'.

Referring to senior politicians, she told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: 'They've not said nothing. Priti Patel has done a tweet on Friday and I was not happy about it because all of a sudden she's using my sister's name for publicity reasons.

'And to be honest she has no right.'

Koci Selamaj, an 'evil' sexual predator, was jailed for at least 36 years for the murder of Ms Nessa.

The 36-year-old travelled to London from the south coast to carry out the premeditated attack on a random woman on September 17 last year.

On Friday, Selamaj refused to go to the Old Bailey and was jailed for life in his absence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back