UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sabina had moved into the newly built Kidbroke Village last summer.
The friend said: 'It's a lovely place to live. The flat has a view of the duck pond and the park.
'So you can see where Sabina was murdered from the balcony. It's horrible.'

Sabina Nessa: Housemate says she doesn't 'feel safe' as Met police warn killer 'could strike again' | Daily Mail Online

Her body was found in Cator Park, 200 yards from her home,

Sabina Nessa 'hit over head near her home' | Daily Mail Online

From the above two msm quotes it is possible that Sabina's flat is in this block ( google map below ). Which means it would only take a few seconds to carry her into the park area and then be hidden from view by trees.

Google Maps

My thoughts on mystery man in the video who the police are searching for. Some reports said he was wearing grey jeans. I think this is wrong. To me he looks like he is wearing Lonsdale grey tracksuit bottoms sold in Sports Direct. They are popular with workers in the building trade because of their stretchiness. He does look like a loner. Pulling up his hood does mean he is not wanting to be seen for some reason. My thoughts are he could be Eastern European maybe Polish but I could be wrong. I used to travel regularly to Poland and his dress sense would be fairly typical for a 40 year old male passenger on my Ryanair flight. It would also help to explain why no-one seems to have come forward to identify him. Of course we don't know for sure if he has any connection with the case at all.

I think this is a good theory. Could be someone working on the building sites around her flat (that whole area is under redevelopment).
Could also be reason the car number plate wasn’t on cctv. I was assuming it was in the car park under Pegler Square. But if so I would have thought there would be some sort of ANPR monitoring for payment etc. But if he was a worker on the sites he might just have been parked in one of those car parks on a vacant site. And if that is the case there is actually one right opposite Anstell Road. So he could have been watching her from a car, made his move, taken her to the park, carried on waking up to Pegler Square (although not sure why do this) but then double back on himself. There is no way to the site to the east of Cator Park because it is all hoarded up.

But if this was the case why go all the way up to Pegler Square where there would def be more chance of being spotted.

Thank you for the info! — I wasn’t sure if it was one of those spaces, I know the type you mean.

So, to me, this means the killer could have brought her back and put her in that park / open space much later than 8.30pm. This seems unusual behaviour, but not out of the question if he knew Sabina tended to walk through the park and if he was trying to make it look random (or even if he was picking the nearest park to her home). All very much a guess, but I am not sure Sabina made it to the park that night under her own steam at all.

I was saying this yesterday and I totally agree. I just can’t imagine someone taking her all the way to the park at 8:30 even if it’s dark. I don’t even think it’d look like a drunk person being helped, drunk people at least make somewhat of an attempt at walking, and it would take a while to carry her there even if it’s nearby. It’d look SO SO dodgy, I would like to think someone would’ve noticed that somethings not right. Perhaps he took her to the grey car they’re looking for?

I think it’s there’s a chance that he didn’t intend to necessarily kill her and just wanted to make her unconscious. My understanding of the reports is that she was hit once and then taken, so I could see that being a possibility. Obviously we know nothing about what happened after or what the autopsy report is, so this is just speculation based on what has been released.

I think it’s there’s a chance that he didn’t intend to necessarily kill her and just wanted to make her unconscious. My understanding of the reports is that she was hit once and then taken, so I could see that being a possibility. Obviously we know nothing about what happened after or what the autopsy report is, so this is just speculation based on what has been released.

I'd be willing to bet he fully intended to kill her.
My view is changing daily though on who could have done this.
If it was just one man involved maybe it was just a stranger attack and she was the unlucky person who happened to be walking there at the time he was looking for a victim.
But at the same time I still can't stop thinking that it seemed planned to target her.

Last edited:

Actually, I like this idea. He may have intended to incapacitate her in order to abduct her, and may even have put the abduction into action, but then found (either in short order or much later, at another location) that he had killed her. If he had some sense of personal attachment to her, placing her body in the park right next to her flat and covering it with leaves might have been a symbolic attempt to return her home and give her a decent resting place. It would explain why the body was only found long after the time of death, and covered up in that way.

(Do we definitely know the actual time of death? Has that been released?)

JMO

News from yesterday -

"Police have established a fresh crime scene just yards away from where mourners have gathered to pay tribute to Sabina Nessa in south-east London tonight.

Police established the fresh cordon at around 6.30pm this evening (Friday, September 24), [...]

There are two police vans and two forensics vans parked at the scene this evening (September 24), where forensics have been seen using flashlights and carrying what appear to be evidence bags."

2_1.jpg

0_2.jpg

1_4.jpg

[...] The newly released CCTV video shows a man walking in Pegler Square, SE3, on the evening police believe Sabina was killed.

2_MDR190-21-IMG1.png

New crime scene and forensics move in yards away from Sabina Nessa vigil

I wonder if shortly after the cctv picture was taken he disposed of the orange/red item he was holding in his hands.

My thoughts on mystery man in the video who the police are searching for. Some reports said he was wearing grey jeans. I think this is wrong. To me he looks like he is wearing Lonsdale grey tracksuit bottoms sold in Sports Direct. They are popular with workers in the building trade because of their stretchiness. He does look like a loner. Pulling up his hood does mean he is not wanting to be seen for some reason. My thoughts are he could be Eastern European maybe Polish but I could be wrong. I used to travel regularly to Poland and his dress sense would be fairly typical for a 40 year old male passenger on my Ryanair flight. It would also help to explain why no-one seems to have come forward to identify him. Of course we don't know for sure if he has any connection with the case at all.
I would be careful to throw accusations on specific nationalities, just because sb is wearing particular kind of slacks in a grainy cctv.

It's a fair distance to walk right through the park carrying someone and it doesn't add up. Where the flat is does look like it could be a very quiet spot at that time though and it is right by the park so its not out of the question. The report that initially said she was struck on the head outside her flat said the man had been seen on CCTV walking towards the park carrying her and I'm inclined to believe that report. If it was a sexual assault he could have carried her into the park to continue the assault but why not just follow her into the park and then strike there?

Maybe he had his car parked in the lay by area on Cambert Way which is in the middle of the park or somewhere else en route to the community centre area and perhaps an abduction was the initial plan but due to the park being deserted assaulted her there or in his vehicle and then concealed the body. Could be he was prowling the streets near the park and just happened upon her and the fact she was attacked on her own doorstep may not be as relevant as first thought.

The construction going on around there could definitely be of relevance if this is the case and it does seem a lot more plausible than most other theories I've been able to think of as a sexual motive is typically the case in such crimes, it's really the multiple arrests and subsequent releases that have left me baffled though. Just how long would it take police to identify who works where on these sites and who hasn't turned up for work this week etc.? You'd think they'd have a name of a suspect by now.

Dotta, as far as I'm concerned this man could be completely unrelated to the case. I would stand by my comments on his dress sense and say that hooded coats are very popular in Poland. I have bought one in Poland myself in Tesco. Wearing a hooded coat on a warm evening might also suggest not having a wide choice of other jackets/coats to wear.

I'm also struggling with the idea someone would attack and brazenly carry her away - But in all media reports, they have said she was carried over someone's shoulder, that implies they either have CCTV or someone saw this unfold and assumed it was just a drunk person being helped home

In terms of the clothing, yes I agree Grey Joggers similar to the lonsdale brand and the assembly of the hoodie to boot does imply this person could be a construction labourer, some of my friends in the building industry wear pretty much the same, plus a baseball cap which incidentally has caused quite a few of them to develop bald patches.

Dotta, as far as I'm concerned this man could be completely unrelated to the case. I would stand by my comments on his dress sense and say that hooded coats are very popular in Poland. I have bought one in Poland myself in Tesco. Wearing a hooded coat on a warm evening might also suggest not having a wide choice of other jackets/coats to wear.
Well, I felt obliged to answer your comment b/c Im from Poland :)
Builders in my country wear distnctive garments (navy) provided by employers, nothing like tracksuits shown in this cctv. As for hooded coats - I saw more of them in UK than in Poland - Tesco by the way is a British brand.
I dont want to argue here - by the way, I hope you enjoyed yourself in my beautiful country:)

Last edited:
I'm also struggling with the idea someone would attack and brazenly carry her away - But in all media reports, they have said she was carried over someone's shoulder, that implies they either have CCTV or someone saw this unfold and assumed it was just a drunk person being helped home

In terms of the clothing, yes I agree Grey Joggers similar to the lonsdale brand and the assembly of the hoodie to boot does imply this person could be a construction labourer, some of my friends in the building industry wear pretty much the same, plus a baseball cap which incidentally has caused quite a few of them to develop bald patches.

PR managed to carry Libby Squire a similar distance in a very short space of time.

Still more questions than answers swirling around in my head.

if cctv man did throw away something which has now been retrieved by the police. Why there? Why was he noticeably holding something rather than putting it in a pocket?

Did something spook him,apart from possibly noticing a camera,although any one these days must be aware that somewhere like Pegler Square would have a number of cameras.

MOD NOTE

Going forward, please DO NOT bring up the possibility of this being an “honor killing”. Websleuths rules state that any speculation must be based on published fact. At this time, there is no indication that this subject has anything to do with this horrible crime. Cleaning up the previous mention of this will take some work, but from here on, it is not allowed to be brought to this thread.

It will help immensely if members would REPORT posts that are questionable instead of replying to them. Unfortunately that creates a larger thread clean up.

THANK YOU for assisting us in upholding the principles of Websleuths.

Bringing this forward as a reminder to report posts, dont reply.

I'd be willing to bet he fully intended to kill her.
My view is changing daily though on who could have done this.
If it was just one man involved maybe it was just a stranger attack and she was the unlucky person who happened to be walking there at the time he was looking for a victim.
But at the same time I still can't stop thinking that it seemed planned to target her.

Yeah honestly it could go either way. I just haven’t seen anyone bring that option up, and if the only injury was the blow to the head (we don’t know that yet) I can see someone thinking that it won’t kill her. On the other hand, it seems weird that someone would be so brazen to do that when there’s cameras around, if he was gonna let her go.

I still don’t have an opinion on if it was targeted or not at all honestly. We’ve recently seen a few instances where It seemed like it’d be a targeted attack (Sarah Everard, Biiba Henry, Nicole Smallman) and it ended up not being the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02