UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The person arrested has not been ruled out as they are still under investigation.

So whoever they arrested has not been able to provide enough evidence to show the could definitely not be involved.

Of course, however it is not that common for police to explicitly rule someone out this early in an investigation either. Unless they have a reason to publicly state that someone had been eliminated from their enquiries, you don't usually see that. I think it's fairly safe to assume from the fact that they released him that they don't suspect him to be a killer.

I haven’t seen anything from the police re a sexual motive. Although they’ve not said much really e.g. no description of what SN was wearing, as others have mentioned.

I am not particularly familiar with police procedure. Am sure others on here must be. If, speculating, the person arrested was First Date, what would be the reason to arrest rather than question under caution? Could just be a technical reason. Likewise with releasing under investigation rather than releasing without charge?

Agree with the points re an outdoor attack. I suppose my instinct is to lean towards it being someone she knew because that makes more ‘sense’ of the senseless. But logically a stranger more likely in this type of attack. The impulsiveness and recklessness of an attack on a stranger in a relatively open area in the early-ish evening is chilling.

I agree obviously this person has not been eliminated but if (and of course it is an if) it happened to be her "date" and he was first port of call for the police. Even if this person was sitting in the pub at the time without an exact time of death they wouldn't publicly clear someone

The police not having enough evidence to charge a suspect is different to them not thinking he did it or liking him for it. They could have had a completely innocent guy here; he could be an ex, the new date or someone local the police have been looking at who it turns out has no connection, but all letting the suspect go meant at this point, was that they didn’t have a case sufficient to charge him with, within the time limit. Of course he may well have done absolutely nothing but he has not been cleared and I suspect not been ruled out.

I found the statement made by SN's cousin Zubel Ahmed interesting when he mentioned "by some cowardly man". We can use stats to make assumptions it's a man but to add a descriptor like "cowardly" gave me the impression there was some understanding or knowledge as to who the suspect is.

My hope is the police have said they know who's responsible and are gathering evidence.

Cousin's statement - Sabina Nessa murder: Family left devastated by teacher's death in Kidbrooke

Last edited:
At first I thought she was attacked by a stranger, but now I'm leaning toward someone she knows, or someone who set up a date with her. JMO.
I think the window of time for someone to spontaneously plan and do an attack is far too small.

The body only being found at 5.30pm, that is weird. It would have been busy the next day, and dogs have a keen sense of smell. Like the dogs would pull an owner over. And there would have been one or two dogwalkers after 8.30pm.

8.30 is pretty dark.

How come the police have ruled out a group of people doing it?

I found the statement made by SN's cousin Zubel Ahmed interesting when he mentioned "by some cowardly man". We can use stats to make assumptions it's a man but to add a descriptor like "cowardly" gave me the impression there was some understanding or knowledge as to who the suspect is.

My hope is the police have said they know who's responsible and are gathering evidence.

Cousin's statement - Sabina Nessa murder: Family left devastated by teacher's death in Kidbrooke
Who kills women?
Men do

The police not having enough evidence to charge a suspect is different to them not thinking he did it or liking him for it. They could have had a completely innocent guy here; he could be an ex, the new date or someone local the police have been looking at who it turns out has no connection, but all letting the suspect go meant at this point, was that they didn’t have a case sufficient to charge him with, within the time limit. Of course he may well have done absolutely nothing but he has not been cleared and I suspect not been ruled out.

Exactly this. The police don't release under investigation if they have no further suspicions.

Oh well that scuppers my hopes above...

ETA: This is weird. It's announced a person is arrested, at the same time a call to identify someone in CCTV is posted.... Person in the CCTV is a possible accomplice or witness perhaps.

It could be a journo releasing leaked info, we've been here before, also a fast moving investigation the met police twitter account might not be up to speed, let's see what comes of the arrest...

Man, 38, is arrested on suspicion of murdering Sabina Nessa | Daily Mail Online

A 38-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of primary school teacher Sabina Nessa.

The Met Police tonight announced they had detained a male suspect almost a week after the body of 28-year-old teacher was discovered under a pile of leaves in the busy Cator Park, Kidbrooke, south east London.

Investigating officers made a second arrest this afternoon, arresting a 38-year-old male at an address in Lewisham.

He was taken to custody where he currently remains.

Police have since released a separate appeal for another man and a vehicle that was seen on CCTV in the area they hope to identify which could provide a breakthrough in the case.

The man, pictured with balding, dark hair in grey tracksuit bottoms, a dark-coloured hoodie and black shoes, was seen on CCTV in the Peglar Square area on the evening of Sabina's attack.

Thank goodness seems they have got him.

Hard to say re ‘cowardly’ comment but I think that could be a general description of anyone who attacks a defenceless woman - doesn’t necessarily imply prior knowledge of perpetrator IMO.

Just to clarify I'm not suggesting cousin personally knows the perpetrator. Just that when I heard his statement on the radio it sounded to me like he had some understanding i.e. the police had indicated they knew who it was and he was aware of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy