GUILTY UK - Sadie Hartley, 60, murdered, Helmshore, Lancs, 14 Jan 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those sentences were in line with what I was expecting, just because this is the UK. Relieved Kit's was close to SW's and was hoping she would get to 65. On a personal, moral level she doesn't deserve to get out at all but what's the purpose of non-death penalty punishment if there's not any opportunity for any kind of redemption. They will both get a relatively easy time in a UK prison and never have to feel the pain that Sadie's family feel.

Expected to hear some kind of attempt at mitigation though, if only from Kit's lawyer.Is that because Kit doesn't want to admit anything at all and she's planning to appeal?

I'm presuming they will go to separate prisons? Is that normal for co-defendants in a crime?

I'm wondering whether SW wormed her way into Hardwick's will? (Will doubtless have crossed her mind due to his age, her greed and their financial relationship.)

I wish there was a way that SW could be stripped of her financial assets in order to pay compensation.

I found it interesting that KWs barrister left it to his - presumably - junior colleague to do the final statement. Something tells me he has little sympathy for his client.

I was about to add something, but the Sky news report came on.

I wonder if KWs barrister has told her that she has little chance of appeal, because she refused to give evidence ?

separate prisons, yes I think that is the norm and I also wish SW could be made to pay compensation.

have to wonder, yet again, just how DHs wife must feel now.

What will happen to SW's assets now (and any that KW has) if there is no partner or children? Would it go to her next of kin (parents / siblings etc) or does it get kept until her release date? What would happen if someone received a life sentence but refused to allow the sale of property for example?

It wouldn't "go" to anybody. It remains her property. In this case her parents will probably do anything that needs to be done.

What will happen to SW's assets now (and any that KW has) if there is no partner or children? Would it go to her next of kin (parents / siblings etc) or does it get kept until her release date? What would happen if someone received a life sentence but refused to allow the sale of property for example?

Their money and assets still belong to them.

Possibly KW would give hers to the ex husband who did his best to be economical with the truth for her.

I think SW will perhaps arrange sales of her properties, in order to have the money in the bank. Wouldnt be that easy to manage buy to lets from prison, though not impossible of course.

meant to add, if someone has a life sentence and refuses to sell their property, then it just stays as their property.

Agree with CW, I think those sentences are just about the best we could have hoped for in the UK.

Thank you jury!

And ITA that IJ needs to stop talking.

This gives a lot more about the 'abduction', it was on Crimewatch. I think she made it up - because she was bullied and unpopular.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15916...re-four-older-men-with-a-combined-age-of-232/

Only just found time to read this in detail. It absolutely does not add up.

Neston to Knutsford is about a one hour drive on a good day and 20 years ago roads were not as good as they are today.

So she is abducted at 1pm and found at 5pm. And in the space of just four hours there is time for;

a one hour journey
the abductor coming into the room - several times - with food
the abductor coming into the room - several times - and beating her
the abductor taking her from the house to leave her somewhere

Only just found time to read this in detail. It absolutely does not add up.

Neston to Knutsford is about a one hour drive on a good day and 20 years ago roads were not as good as they are today.

So she is abducted at 1pm and found at 5pm. And in the space of just four hours there is time for;

a one hour journey
the abductor coming into the room - several times - with food
the abductor coming into the room - several times - and beating her
the abductor taking her from the house to leave her somewhere

Exactly. It's -bs-smiley-emoticon.gif

Somebody asked about SW's education a couple of weeks ago (sorry can't remember who). There's a snippet here, I suppose she could have sat her A levels at a later date.

[FONT=&amp]Her school friend said: “She never did her A-levels because she had a horrific accident.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“Her horse was scared by a passing car and landed on top of her, breaking her hip.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“She was in hospital for three months and missed the end of school. I never saw her again after that because everyone went their separate ways.[/FONT]

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15916...re-four-older-men-with-a-combined-age-of-232/

Thanks so much to all of you for all of today's updates. Am overwhelmed by all this new information that has now come to light regarding Sadie's murder and a lot of unanswered questions have been answered. Feel drained with it all, and like everyone, feeling sadness for Sadie's family but, with the murder sentences that SW and KW have received, satisfied that, at the least, that some justice for Sadie has been served.

Honestly, I keep looking at that mug shot of KW and thinking with those wild eyes she could easily have done the stabbing too. How strange.

I caught a glimpse of IJ on BBC news saying how he was now indifferent to SW. I really hope that is the last we hear from him.

Honestly, I keep looking at that mug shot of KW and thinking with those wild eyes she could easily have done the stabbing too. How strange.

For anyone who had not followed the case, if you showed them the mug shots and asked them which one was the murderer, I think for sure most people would pick Walsh.

I caught a glimpse of IJ on BBC news saying how he was now indifferent to SW. I really hope that is the last we hear from him.

He is getting completely blasted on newspaper article comments and also on Twitter. I have zero sympathy and like you I hope he goes away quickly.

Somebody asked about SW's education a couple of weeks ago (sorry can't remember who). There's a snippet here, I suppose she could have sat her A levels at a later date.

I agree LB, she could have easily re-taken them at a later date.

What with the early relationship with Hardwick plus the abduction tale it seems as if she had a troubled teenage period. (Even though the father seems to say there was nothing strange going on with her. )

BTW I think I have been a bit unfair to Ian in one sense, I didn't appreciate he had taken early retirement and that's why he wasn't working. So he must have had some sort of pension to provide an income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member