Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alyce, well spotted about the fake kidnapping

Fantasist who murdered Sadie Hartley in love triangle obsession faked her own kidnap aged 13, friends reveal

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...red-sadie-hartley-in-love-triangle-obsession/

"Those who knew Williams claimed she was making it up and described her as a "fantasist". They said the kidnap was a work of fiction to hide the fact she had disappeared with a married man.

Phil Jones, the owner of Wirral Riding Centre, said she made up the claims after she left the stables.

"Her false claims were the talk of the Wirral when it happened," he said. "She was a total fantasist. She was seeing a married guy.

"They used to disappear into a horse box together. I think Sarah concocted the abduction hoax to explain her disappearance over a weekend with him."

Cheshire Police refused to comment on the claims, but Shelley Williams, Cheshire Police press officer, added: "No one was arrested or convicted. If anyone came forward with new information we would look into it."

Williams continued to ride at the equestrian centre along with her accomplice, Walsh."

Am wondering who this married guy was - seeing a 13 year old?

Good grief, I presume the jury heard that re the practice. Which only makes me wonder, yet again, why it took them so long

OTOH

Looks like he did another interview as the setting is different
"'I think there's a lot of blokes out there going, 'But for the Grace of God go I'', he said."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ting-killer-10-DAYS-murder.html#ixzz4HcLN0cxN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

From that link. Is that a hanky or a pair of old boxer shorts?

37533D8300000578-3695814-The_former_firefighter_said_he_too_is_a_victim_and_could_never_h-a-7_14.jpg

The words 'dignified silence' seem appropriate. Apologise to Sadie's kids then keep quiet. That's all he should have done.

And Sadie wanted me to sell my house as a commitment to us, which is what I did, and she said she would provide for me.

“I’ve heard nothing since, although I guessed that I hadn’t been provided for. Then for a juror to ask a question, ‘Was I in the will?’ and for Mr McDermott to read back, ‘No I am not,’ that is the first official word I have ever had that I wasn’t provided for.
“Sadie had said she would make provision for me, because I sold my house. I’m not stupid enough at 56 to sell my house and open up the prospect of homelessness.

"There’s been absolutely no contact with Sadie’s family from the minute they found out she was dead.

What did he do with his house sale money?
UL - so why risk everything for sexting? Did he expect to never get caught and run risk that Sadie would dump him anyway?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/sadie-hartley-murder-ian-johnston-11751590

Pleased with this result-would just like to say a big thanks to all contributors to this thread for keeping us all up to date. Lou xx

From that link. Is that a hanky or a pair of old boxer shorts?

View attachment 99910

The words 'dignified silence' seem appropriate. Apologise to Sadie's kids then keep quiet. That's all he should have done.

Old boxers!!!
Yes he should shut up. Too much self-pity and self justification going on.

LB, what do you reckon SW will make of this - she'll be watching the news, do you think she will be chuffed that he looks "broken"?

An unlikely foursome emerged: the Walshes, Williams and her married “sugar-daddy” Hardwick – an entrepreneur and keen horseman – would go away together in his mobile horse box with sleeping accommodation.

We called it the ‘purple passion wagon’,” says Kevin. “The four of us would load the horses up and go off around north Wales, riding the horses around the mountains and beaches.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ley-killer-katrina-walsh-ex-husband-interview

Sounds like DH to me, but who knows.

Old boxers!!!
Yes he should shut up. Too much self-pity and self justification going on.

LB, what do you reckon SW will make of this - she'll be watching the news, do you think she will be chuffed that he looks "broken"?

I honestly don't know what her thought process would be. I find these things interesting, but I find it hard to fathom these people out. I just don't think like them. Thank god.

I wouldn't have made a very good psychologist.

It sounds like DH's horse van thingy, the passion waggon. I read that today but not sure which site. Could have been KWs ex in an interview.
I wonder if DH is finally repulsed by SW or is remaining loyal and will visit her in prison - sick relationship she had with him too.

Sorry CW, I should have read the telegraph link before commenting. The info on DH's mobile horse box was in there.

I wonder if they managed to collect any DNA from the alleged abduction. Whoever the married man was could be sweating if they did.

It was 1995, so hopefully the evidence is properly preserved. Could be time for a retest on it.

It sounds like DH's horse van thingy, the passion waggon. I read that today but not sure which site. Could have been KWs ex in an interview.

So if it's true that as a 13 yr old she was "seeing" a married man, could it put another twist on the financial hold she had over Hardiwck , if it was him??

Sorry CW, I should have read the telegraph link before commenting. The info on DH's mobile horse box was in there.

I wonder if they managed to collect any DNA from the alleged abduction. Whoever the married man was could be sweating if they did.

It was 1995, so hopefully the evidence is properly preserved. Could be time for a retest on it.

don't worry I am doing similar mistakes myself - so many reports to read - gets confusing. I have just edited a few of mine too.

I wonder if DH is finally repulsed by SW or is remaining loyal and will visit her in prison - sick relationship she had with him too.

Dreadful for his wife to read all this in the papers - she perhaps didn't know about the financial aspects?

Wouldn't surprise me if he has even still been paying her £ in each month since january.

The mind boggles LB because the telegraph sources are saying she was sleeping with a married man that weekend so you would think they would have taken samples and found something even if it was just say hair strands.

So if it's true that as a 13 yr old she was "seeing" a married man, could it put another twist on the financial hold she had over Hardiwck , if it was him??

Great thinking, absolutely.

Maybe she thought she would still be a kept woman if her plan had worked.

more on kit's game, post arrest, although again, would be interested to get kmh's take on this as kmh said she was very odd in her behaviour:

Horse riding instructor Walsh did her best to appear a ‘zombie’ and ‘the caricature of a fool’, jurors were told. On arrest Walsh was designated an appropriate adult due to her behaviour and gave a bizarre, trance-like, stream of consciousness commentary, telling detectives "I’ll follow the memories" as she led them across farmland where she had buried the stun-gun and other evidence.

But as with her claims of a poor memory, it was all an act, the jury were told.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ah-williams-katrina-walsh-friendship-11759650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meganreinert