Found Deceased UK - Sally Allan, 59, Ponteland, Northumberland, 26 December 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He seems like a lovely, level headed kind of man and I'm sure we can all relate to the whole "Christmas must be perfect" thing. Bless Sally being upset over the trifle, it obviously triggered bad feelings for her. Just so sad that she felt this was the only way.

Went for a walk along the quayside yesterday same route Sally took it was eerily quiet and that was midday. Seen all the gorgeous flowers for Sally and said a prayer for her. The Tyne looked quite shallow compared to normal. I really hope they find her soon.

How many miles did you walk? From Denton road or before? No reason why, I'm just interested. I google everyday to see if they've found her yet. I really feel for Sally for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe that Sally hasn't been found yet.

If she had gone into the river I'm surprised that her body hasn't come to the surface by now, would it be possible that a body could be carried out to sea from that part of the river?

I can't imagine how her family are managing after more than a month of not knowing what happened

I can't believe that Sally hasn't been found yet.

If she had gone into the river I'm surprised that her body hasn't come to the surface by now, would it be possible that a body could be carried out to sea from that part of the river?

I can't imagine how her family are managing after more than a month of not knowing what happened

I think the cold water causes decomposition to be much slower and may delay rising to the surface.

Yes that's true. Iirc below 4 degrees Celsius decomposition comes almost to a standstill, which means there will be no gases produced that cause a body to rise up in the water.

This has just been posted on the Search for Sally facebook group

"UPDATE FROM THE ALLAN FAMILY ON SALLY - 4 FEB 2016

The family would like to share the news that the Police have found a woman's body in the River Tyne near to Riverside Quay at Tyne Dock West in South Shields.

The body has not yet been formally identified as Sally but the police and ourselves believe there is strong evidence that it is her. The relevant authorities are now working to confirm beyond any doubt that the body recovered is Sally. There is great sorrow with this news, but also relief that the police have hopefully found Sally and the family will now have the opportunity to give her a proper farewell.

The family would like to thank the police marine and diving unit who have worked tirelessly for the past 5 weeks to find Sally. Diving in the river is difficult and dangerous work and river conditions during this period have at times been a challenge. At the start of January officers from the marine unit told us they were determined to find Sally and their dedication and commitment looks like it has now brought the family closure.

On a positive note we continue to be amazed by the generosity and kindness of everyone who has donated to our JustGiving page. Together we have raised over £15,000 for the national mental health charity Mind and we thank every one of you that has given to such an important cause. Half of the funds raised will be used locally by the Tyneside and Northumberland branch of Mind.

For anyone who would still like to give the link to the web page is:

https://www.justgiving.com/Sally-Allan1956/

We would also like to take this opportunity to make you aware that on Saturday the 6th February 2016 between 10am and 3pm at the Monument in Newcastle there is a Mental Health Day. A number of local and national mental health organisations and charities will be there handing out information and advice on what we can all do to improve the mental health of our family and friends. Time to Change will be there with details of how we can all end mental health discrimination and start a simple conversation on the subject with family and friends. Time to Change is a campaign organisation established by the leading mental health charities Mind and Rethink Mental Illness to end the stigma of mental health.

http://www.time-to-change.org.uk

Finally, 900 people have shown they care about increasing mental health awareness through the donations made on our JustGiving page for Sally. If we all continue to speak up for better mental health awareness the situation will continue to improve.

Thank you again for all your support.

The Allan family"

Very sad but hopefully a start to the proper grieving process for Sally's family and friends

This family has been amazing and I'm so upset for them and the situation, but at the same time glad she appears to have been found.

RIP Sally. You made a big difference and your name lives on :cry:

Yea mixed feelings here too. Hopefully this is Sally and she can come home now.

I wish the family all the best!

Glad she's been found!

Little more from the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-35492164

Looking from where she was last seen to where she was found, looks like she was found just before entering the sea. So glad she was found before this happened.

Yes, it's about 6 or 7 miles downstream from what I can gather (and just a stones throw from where my Gran lives, by the marina on the north side).

So relieved they found her before she reached open water.

I hope this will be some closure for Sally's family. They knew it was coming, but at least now it's certain.

I've said it before but it's worth repeating - I believe the family have handled themselves impeccably throughout this and I wish them all the best in moving on without Sally.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb
Back