Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If they had concrete evidence - CCTV, forensics etc - they would have charged him.

Not necessarily. They will be questioning him and hoping for admissions. Once a suspect has been charged, the police aren't allowed to question him/her further. The police will want to find out as much as they can before they charge anybody.

If he's guilty of murder, admits it and pleads guilty, it won't have to go to trial. But in this sort of case the accused often plead not guilty, but guilty to a lesser charge.

Not sure who the 28yr old is. I believe MS has a sister not a brother.
I can just about understand some fatal event might happen in the heat of the moment but cannot understand helping someone hide a body (if that's what's happened). You get caught eventually.

Not sure who the 28yr old is. I believe MS has a sister not a brother.
I can just about understand some fatal event might happen in the heat of the moment but cannot understand helping someone hide a body (if that's what's happened). You get caught eventually.

Released on bail , so I would think it was something along the lines of a false alibi for MS. Actually helping to hide the body would keep them on remand.

That's what it says in the Daily Mail
Why DID missing midwife call off her own wedding? | Daily Mail Online

Same article has this picture of Samantha, her now ex-fiancé, his sister and her husband. At least, that is what it says. Very strange. If I hadn't known this, I would have assumed at first sight that the men were brothers, and that the two persons in the middle had just gotten married and the persons on each side were the witnesses.

That's what it says in the Daily Mail
Why DID missing midwife call off her own wedding? | Daily Mail Online

Same article has this picture of Samantha, her now ex-fiancé, his sister and her husband. At least, that is what it says. Very strange. If I hadn't known this, I would have assumed at first sight that the men were brothers, and that the two persons in the middle had just gotten married and the persons on each side were the witnesses.

4EC2E41100000578-0-image-m-15_1533336626720.jpg

RIP Samantha.

Quoting this post because of the photo.

So Michael Stirling is the guy on the right correct?

I can't imagine when looking at him that this was premeditated. He looks nice. I know looks don't mean much but I don't see anything 'dark' in him. Baffled o_O

Alyce, did you notice the pics on the latest Sun article confuse things even more regards the houses on Gratton Road?

I'm going to guess the 28 year old 'family friend' lives in the house across the road from Michael's parents home where the van was removed from. I'm thinking this neighbour allowed Michael's work van? to be parked on his drive?

Alyce, did you notice the pics on the latest Sun article confuse things even more regards the houses on Gratton Road?

I'm going to guess the 28 year old 'family friend' lives in the house across the road from Michael's parents home where the van was removed from. I'm thinking this neighbour allowed Michael's work van? to be parked on his drive?

I did...more confusion indeed.
Agree with you re the house opposite - friend and having the van parked there makes sense.....and probably the reason he was charged with assisting

Ah..just re looked at article. That house is MSs home, which is not same road as family home.
Still think the other part is correct though.re the van being parked on driveway opposite parents home.

Last edited:
I wonder whether SE called off her wedding because she had feelings (or full-blown affair) with MS? Maybe the ex's mother's empty house was another place they used to meet? Maybe she called it off and MS couldn't take it? Or she discovered she was pregnant and he panicked? (One thing that has struck me is that she seems larger in the CCTV image than she appears in all the other photos - appreciate the images could be from some time ago, but even her wedding dress looks about a size 14. Having said that, it could just be a bad angle).

RSBM

Regarding Sam looking bigger in the CCTV - she looks to be wearing 'scrubs type uniform which, in my experience, can make anyone look 3 times the size.

More in the Wail about the charge.

Police investigating the murder of midwife Samantha Eastwood last night charged her former fiance’s brother-in-law.

The 28-year-old’s body was found at a disused quarry on Saturday eight days after she failed to arrive for work.

Detectives announced 32-year-old Michael Stirling had been charged with murder and will appear before magistrates today.

Two other men, aged 28 and 60, held on suspicion of assisting an offender have been bailed. The elder man is believed to be the murder suspect's father Stephen Stirling.

‘Brother-in-law’ charged over murder of midwife Samantha Eastwood | Daily Mail Online

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back