Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That sounds awful. How frightening for SE and no wonder her colleagues reacted so swiftly.
Hard to imagine what he ( if it was him ) was threatening her about that could end in murder.

One wonders what would drive such a seemingly ‘ordinary’ family man to take such drastic action?

Possiby fear of some ‘exposure’ which would threaten his marriage......&/or an obsession with the victim.

Such a dreadful tragedy....so many lives shattered irrevocably & families broken apart....

Stirling confirms age, address and date of birth
He gave his name as Michael Stirling, his address at Gratton Road, Bucknall, and his date of birth as May 30 1986.

Wonder if this is a typo by the journo.....his address is not Gratton Rd.

Hmmmmm ... Possibility he’s estranged from his Mrs and no longer living in the matrimonial home ???

I don't think it will be something that petty.

This screams crime of passion/jealousy/anger over something much more personal to me.

I agree. What I can't get my head round is the gap between the wedding being called off (January) and wedding dress being put up for sale (July) and whether all of this is related and something built up over months until exploding on the 27th July?

Remember though we were told Sam was happy and nothing unusual was going on and then today we're told she gave a colleague the heads-up about being threatened and to report it straight away if she didn't turn up for work which they did with the reporting to Police after just 20 minutes of being late.

A lot more to come I think.

So, thinking aloud, they must have found some eveidence of planning rather than some kind of confrontation gone wrong in the heat of the moment with unintended consequences. Was the 3rd person in on it from the start then I wonder or was he called in a panic to help out. I'm interested in how the help of the 3rd person came about

I'm thinking that the other 2 people ( father and friend ) were drawn into the situation unintentionally. I can't see them getting bail if they were actively involved.
Could be something as simple as the friend cleaning the van and being suspected of doing this deliberately.

Or his wife has thrown him out.

My thought as to motive has actually been more along the lines of a financial dispute over the fencing job.

Agree re the address change. Also, if the police have been searching Cromer Rd all week, then he ( and wife and child ) had to go elsewhere in the meantime, so parents address would have been technically correct at time of hearing.

Hmmmmm ... Possibility he’s estranged from his Mrs and no longer living in the matrimonial home ???

Unlikely if they were off on holiday when police caught up with them. They were also staying together with family when their house was being searched. I suspect this is a secret held from his wife and the threat of this secret reaching his wife has led him to murder.

One wonders what would drive such a seemingly ‘ordinary’ family man to take such drastic action?

Possiby fear of some ‘exposure’ which would threaten his marriage......&/or an obsession with the victim.

Such a dreadful tragedy....so many lives shattered irrevocably & families broken apart....

I think that's the most accurate.
I can't really see a situation escalating to murder if it was just a disagreement over work done/money due at SEs property
( although having said that, I knew someone who did have death threats made against her for that very reason ! )
More likely something he was doing that he didnt want his family, or specifically his wife, to know about.

ETA Just seen your post Atoz, thinking along the same lines here

I agree. What I can't get my head round is the gap between the wedding being called off (January) and wedding dress being put up for sale (July) and whether all of this is related and something built up over months until exploding on the 27th July?

Remember though we were told Sam was happy and nothing unusual was going on and then today we're told she gave a colleague the heads-up about being threatened and to report it straight away if she didn't turn up for work which they did with the reporting to Police after just 20 minutes of being late.

A lot more to come I think.
That's certainly a possibility, maybe if there was some kind of romantic involvement with MS the selling of the dress indicated that she was emotionally ready to move on and no longer wanted anything to do with him if indeed he was in some way connected to the wedding being called off

It seemed odd to me, that the accused & wife would just go ahead with holiday plans, at such a fraught time......presuming that Samantha’s ex-fiancé was distraught by her disappearance.....you’d think they would have stayed close to support him.

As a couple they’d probably have been close to Samantha for 7 years or so, prior to the break up.

Roof box....hmm...

If my husband had been arrested on suspicion of kidnap, especially if I thought deep down it was possible, I wouldn’t want him back home after that until I had my thoughts together, so she may have kicked him out after the first arrest.

So, thinking aloud, they must have found some eveidence of planning rather than some kind of confrontation gone wrong in the heat of the moment with unintended consequences. Was the 3rd person in on it from the start then I wonder or was he called in a panic to help out. I'm interested in how the help of the 3rd person came about

Maybe his threats were in writing?

It seemed odd to me, that the accused & wife would just go ahead with holiday plans, at such a fraught time......presuming that Samantha’s ex-fiancé was distraught by her disappearance.....you’d think they would have stayed close to support him.

As a couple they’d probably have been close to Samantha for 7 years or so, prior to the break up.

Roof box....hmm...

From what neighbours said ( who knows how accurate it is ) they packed the car on the Thursday night - roof box as you said ! - and probably had departed on the Friday afternoon, before SE was reported as missing that night.

I would imagine that she had let him into the house voluntarily then and something has escalated. Maybe it truly was an accident and he has panicked and called his dad or friend. You would think they would have tried to talk him into handing himself over. And maybe they did.

Samantha must have told her colleagues who had threatened and why, for them to make an arrest so quickly. It must have been a known issue. Whether the issue was money motivated, or a crime passion as they say.

Well obviously this must have happened around 2pm when the scream occurred. It will be interesting to see what the post mortem says.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back