Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Someone suggested upthread that he had come round for his lego over before going away and I feel like this is what is going to come out. The timing of being there the same day he was due to go away is too obvious to ignore. Perhaps this was the first SE was told about the holiday and she had an emotional response which led her to threaten him and he tried to stop her, with terrible consequences. I don't think pre-meditated but I do think the timing of the visit is highly relevant.

Obviously this ignores the reports of her being threatened. I cannot see any reason for MS to threaten her to the extent she told people of a threat, for him to then act on that threat knowing she would have had time to disclose the the situation to people. By that logic it wouldn't be pre-meditated at all from the minute it was mentioned (because if you really intended to murder someone you probably wouldn't warn them). I guess I'm not in full belief of the threat claims but then again that's the only explanation for the quick response by hospital and police! Unless she felt his mental health was slipping and he had broken down in front of her a few times that had made her nervous of him becoming unhinged but ultimately blinded by list/attraction to stop seeing him?

Also the original arrest was for kidnap, if there was evidence of previous death threats, why not arrest on suspicion of murder? Noone threatens to kidnap someone?

Unless she had given him until he went on holiday to tell his wife of their affair and police had reason to think he would just have wanted to stop her from getting to his wife before he got her away on holiday?

Just MOOs trying to piece together what we know (and clearly not doing a good job!!). Everything in this points to either an affair or an infatuation with stalker tendancies from MS towards SE. It would be difficult if the latter to go back to your exes family and tell them this without looking bitter.

I know a lot of people think the shed is too trivial to murder someone over, but people have been killed for a lot less. No matter what you think of the quality of the work, it was still a lot of work. If they hadn't had a falling out about it, I think it would have been finished, as it clearly is not. I would say for some reason she was not happy with the work and was refusing to pay. I think he went there on the day before his holiday to try to collect the money and when she wouldn't comply, he lost it. He may have really needed it. She doesn't seem the type of person who would have become involved with this guy romantically. I was sure it was something more at first but my gut is saying this is what happened. We'll see, but usually when I have these gut feelings about a case, they're usually right on the money.

It may be not the badly constructed shed. It may be that she was not having an affair with him, it may be that he went to her home and tried to rape her and she resisted and it got out of hand. I don't know why people keep trying to blame her for his murdering her.

I know a lot of people think the shed is too trivial to murder someone over, but people have been killed for a lot less. No matter what you think of the quality of the work, it was still a lot of work. If they hadn't had a falling out about it, I think it would have been finished, as it clearly is not. I would say for some reason she was not happy with the work and was refusing to pay. I think he went there on the day before his holiday to try to collect the money and when she wouldn't comply, he lost it. He may have really needed it. She doesn't seem the type of person who would have become involved with this guy romantically. I was sure it was something more at first but my gut is saying this is what happened. We'll see, but usually when I have these gut feelings about a case, they're usually right on the money

Good point! Money is the route to all evil and can cause immense stress, this poor girl could have taken the brunt of his anger? Still cannot understand how he left her family and friends for 8 days with out confessing

Good point! Money is the route to all evil and can cause immense stress, this poor girl could have taken the brunt of his anger? Still cannot understand how he left her family and friends for 8 days with out confessing

Because these men are cowards and feel entitled to kill any woman who crosses them. Only a woman, after all.

I think this is a crime of passion. MS was seen working on the house two weeks prior to SE going missing, maybe the two grew close whilst MS was undertaking this work or it was an excuse to be spending so much time with SE and they had been romantically involved for sometime.

I think the 28 year old informed the police of the whereabouts of the body as I read that a farmer in caverswall had seen the police searching that area for three days prior to the body being found. What I don't understand is he said police were asking for cctv footage in that area for 10-11pm on the day SE went missing, yet it was reported by neighbours that MS and KS left to go on holiday the same day an police arrived twenty minutes after. I can't find reports that state what time the police arrived or MS left his house.

I've also seen on a fb post from one of SE friends that SE mum put a Facebook post out saying SE was in a Man's car but doesn't know where?! is this where the kidnap arrest stems from?!

I think this is a crime of passion. MS was seen working on the house two weeks prior to SE going missing, maybe the two grew close whilst MS was undertaking this work or it was an excuse to be spending so much time with SE and they had been romantically involved for sometime.

I think the 28 year old informed the police of the whereabouts of the body as I read that a farmer in caverswall had seen the police searching that area for three days prior to the body being found. What I don't understand is he said police were asking for cctv footage in that area for 10-11pm on the day SE went missing, yet it was reported by neighbours that MS and KS left to go on holiday the same day an police arrived twenty minutes after. I can't find reports that state what time the police arrived or MS left his house.

I've also seen on a fb post from one of SE friends that SE mum put a Facebook post out saying SE was in a Man's car but doesn't know where?! is this where the kidnap arrest stems from?!

I think the timing request for the cctv has been reported for two different timings. I have also seen a report saying police asked for cctv from 9 to 11am on the Friday.

With regard to when MS left to go on holiday.
We know that SEs colleague called police by 7.20pm on the Friday.
We know from MSs neighbour that MS and family departed on holiday on the Friday ( time not stated by neighbour ) and that the police turned up at the house 20 minutes later ( this is again from neighbour's quote ).
So looks as though police were given MSs name by the colleague who called them - and they then went straight round to MSs house, only to miss him by about 20 minutes.

I think the timing request for the cctv has been reported for two different timings. I have also seen a report saying police asked for cctv from 9 to 11am on the Friday.

With regard to when MS left to go on holiday.
We know that SEs colleague called police by 7.20pm on the Friday.
We know from MSs neighbour that MS and family departed on holiday on the Friday ( time not stated by neighbour ) and that the police turned up at the house 20 minutes later ( this is again from neighbour's quote ).
So looks as though police were given MSs name by the colleague who called them - and they then went straight round to MSs house, only to miss him by about 20 minutes.

ahh ok 9am makes more sense.

SE reported to a friend about threats yet returned home on her own, I've seen friends write that she was feisty so she probably thought she could handle the situation.

Its so heartless how he dumped her body and let her family suffer for a week. Not sure how true it is but it's been reported he conducted house to house enquiries with JP the day after she went missing. He must of thought he would get away with his crime to be so cocky to do that.

ahh ok 9am makes more sense.

SE reported to a friend about threats yet returned home on her own, I've seen friends write that she was feisty so she probably thought she could handle the situation.

Its so heartless how he dumped her body and let her family suffer for a week. Not sure how true it is but it's been reported he conducted house to house enquiries with JP the day after she went missing. He must of thought he would get away with his crime to be so cocky to do that.

bbm That would mean they didn't go on holidays? Did LE stop him from leaving right off the bat?

10:09
Prosecutor arrives in court
The prosecutor, Mr Hankin QC, has now arrived.

10:10
Stirling appears on the screen
A video link has been set up with the defendant now on screen in the courtroom. Stirling, wearing a grey t-shirt, has been advised of the delay in getting today’s proceedings underway.
Court updates: Michael Stirling back in dock charged with murder

Last edited:
bbm That would mean they didn't go on holidays? Did LE stop him from leaving right off the bat?

My guess would be that the police, after missing him at his home, then tracked him down on the Friday night, to where ever they had gone on holiday ( possibly not too far away ).
Even if they only spoke with him at that time, then I imagine MS ( and family ) decided to go back home and help with the search for SE. It might have seemed odd if he had just carried on with his holiday.
Hence the sighting of him with JP on the Saturday.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redrum8754
Back