Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I see the courts/CPS have now admitted making a mistake about the date range of her murder. I did notice the wrong dates but thought it was for some legal reason so didn't mention it. Lets hope it is the only error.

It's usually defined as the dates between A and B, where A is the day before the victim was last seen alive, and B the day after the body is found.

That is what I had figured and left it at that but the Mail now says this:

Bungling prosecutors and court officials slipped up by getting the dates of his offence wrong on the charge sheet.

A charge read out to Stirling at North Staffordshire Magistrates' Court in Newcastle accused him of murdering Ms Eastwood between July 26 (Thurs) and August 05 (Sunday).

A Staffordshire Police spokesperson admitted 'the court sheet had the wrong dates.'

Members of public moved by the murder of midwife Samantha East donate £8,000 for her funeral costs | Daily Mail Online

COD will take some time before being released publicly I imagine? Perhaps not such a clear cause?

eta = Of course I fully realise all details will not be revealed until trial, but frequently an obvious cause such as asphyxia, stabbed, severe head trauma or such like is pronounced well before trial.

Last edited:
That is what I had figured and left it at that but the Mail now says this:

Bungling prosecutors and court officials slipped up by getting the dates of his offence wrong on the charge sheet. A charge read out to Stirling at North Staffordshire Magistrates' Court in Newcastle accused him of murdering Ms Eastwood between July 26 (Thurs) and August 05 (Sunday).
A Staffordshire Police spokesperson admitted 'the court sheet had the wrong dates.'

That's the correct form though! The dates are exclusive, not inclusive.
I put it down to the ignorance of the Mail hacks, who then probably confused the SP person.

COD will take some time before being released publicly I imagine? Perhaps not such a clear cause?

That was the other odd thing. At first the initial PM reports were more tests would be required and then in the next updates they (the media) said they expected COD to be announced that day (yesterday) as well as more tests being required.... Now it seems we're back to just more tests required?

No idea what is going on to be honest. Could be a overwhelmed/inexperienced Staffs Police media spokesperson/handler?

Mail makes a point of saying the quarry contains no water. I had wondered about that, as the satellite view shows a lake or pond in part of the quarry, but I am not surprised that it's dry following the heatwave and lack of rain.

That was the other odd thing. At first the initial PM reports were more tests would be required and then in the next updates they (the media) said they expected COD to be announced that day (yesterday) as well as more tests being required.... Now it seems we're back to just more tests required?

No idea what is going on to be honest. Could be a overwhelmed/inexperienced Staffs Police media spokesperson/handler?

I think the media have just reverted to the original "more tests required" press release. I do recall seeing one report that the COD was going to be announced, but that may just have been a mistake or misunderstanding. There's no hurry for the police to make it public, despite our curiosity.

That's the correct form though! The dates are exclusive, not inclusive.
I put it down to the ignorance of the Mail hacks, who then probably confused the SP person.

I can barely spell so can't say! Maybe a email to Tracey Kandohla to clarify.......then again maybe not!

About the quarry, I believe it is used monthly as a 4X4 off-road track which may explain it being chosen by perp or assistant?

Re COD and more tests. I seem to remember a recent case where the same statement was given. Then, when COD was revealed, it was a stab wound, which would seem to have been obvious from the start, without need for further tests.

So am wondering if the more tests required is to see if there was anything else which might be connected to, but not the direct cause of, the death.

The colleague who reported SE missing would I imagine be able to give LE a lot of information re the circumstances as to why MS was felt to be threatening. I would assume the colleague was rather a close friend as well as colleague

Could be tests to rule in/out pregnancy, if recent intercourse/rape etc I imagine the length of time the body was exposed to the heat will delay any answers too

As far as the COD s concerned, I'm sure I read somewhere that she was murdered in her home. Surely the only way they could say this is if there was blood at the scene. Seems if it was some form that didn't involve blood they wouldn't be able to say exactly where it occurred.

I can barely spell so can't say! Maybe a email to Tracey Kandohla to clarify.......then again maybe not!

About the quarry, I believe it is used monthly as a 4X4 off-road track which may explain it being chosen by perp or assistant?

That is interesting TTWO. Could Samantha been left there in the expectation her body would be found quite soon (like Paige Doherty?) or simple ignorance of dumping her body in the only countryside area they knew?
Impossible to understand I know.

Re COD and more tests. I seem to remember a recent case where the same statement was given. Then, when COD was revealed, it was a stab wound, which would seem to have been obvious from the start, without need for further tests.

So am wondering if the more tests required is to see if there was anything else which might be connected to, but not the direct cause of, the death.

I agree Alyce, just what I wondered as well.

That is interesting TTWO. Could Samantha been left there in the expectation her body would be found quite soon (like Paige Doherty?) or simple ignorance of dumping her body in the only countryside area they knew?
Impossible to understand I know.

Not sure, Jessie but the place seems very specific and out of the way/not obviously there to be randomly chosen.. at least to me. From the reports it sounds like she wasn't buried but again that might just be me?

ETA:

The next 4x4 meet was planned for the 29th July so just 2 days after it is thought Samantha was taken there. I assume this planned meet didn't happen but have no idea?

Assuming the two other men charged were involved from the beginning I hope they receive the harshest sentences available, MS was arrested so early on in the investigation they all could have saved friends a family the horror of not knowing for 8 days. What on earth could possibly make anyone that angry to threaten and go through with this crime

Not sure, Jessie but the place seems very specific and out of the way/not obviously there to be randomly chosen.. at least to me. From the reports it sounds like she wasn't buried but again that might just be me?

ETA:

The next 4x4 meet was planned for the 29th July so just 2 days after it is thought Samantha was taken there. I assume this planned meet didn't happen but have no idea?

Looking on google maps Stoke looks heavily built up, and little in the way of forestry to the east. Is the area quite flat, any posters here in that area, I've no knowledge of it?

Possibly the nearby countryside is inaccessible with the exception of the salt quarry for the 4x4 meets?

Just my curiosity, really adds nought to this dreadful crime of course.

As far as the COD s concerned, I'm sure I read somewhere that she was murdered in her home. Surely the only way they could say this is if there was blood at the scene. Seems if it was some form that didn't involve blood they wouldn't be able to say exactly where it occurred.

If they have the vehicle in which the body was transported, they might have used a cadaver dog to test it. I don't know how readily available these dogs are, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back