Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The more I think about it, the more bizarre this whole 'summer house' aspect becomes. Consider:
(1): SE was newly single, so why would she need (or even want) a summer house? Most newly single women would be looking to save money and downsize, not expand into their gardens by commissioning summer houses, especially when they no longer had anyone in their life with whom to enjoy said summer house.
(2): <modsnip>
(3): (1) and (2) clearly defy all logic, which leads me to speculate that an unrequitedly besotted MS might have foisted this summer house on SE, as a surprise but unwanted gift. Looking at the photographic evidence, this shoddy artefact looks like something he could've knocked up in an afternoon, while SE was at work...and when she came home to find this ghastly edifice blighting her hitherto humble but charming garden, it would've provoked the same kind of outrage and revulsion cat owners experience whenever their pets honour them with a decapitated bird in the airing cupboard. So maybe SE insisted he remove it, MS was heartbroken at her ingratitude, and things escalated rapidly from there?

I got my shed when I was single as I needed the storage space and I still live alone, just me and my little ones but I’ve always wanted a summer house ! They look lovey to go and sit in on a summers day. But I agree he could have foisted the summer house onto SE as an excuse to be in her company.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems a few important reminders are in order.

New members are expected to familiarize themselves with Websleuths TOS, and more veteran members are expected to know TOS. If someone joins who does not yet know The Rules, instead of chastising them and making the thread all about your opinion of them or their posts, use the Alert feature to let WS staff know there is some issue rather than derailing the thread with all the angst, critique, and personalization.

Also, WS is victim friendly. You may speculate and theorize within reason, but please forego speculation on negative aspects of the victim's lifestyle unless it is based on some KNOWN fact. Unfounded speculation can be especially upsetting to a victim's loved ones and to the memory of their loved one.

A "reliable source" is considered hearsay and rumor. Please do not state information as fact unless you are able to back it up with a link to the source ... or make it very clear that it is your opinion (i.e. MOO, JMO, IMO, I think, etc).

Check / preview your post to ensure the quotes appear correctly. Nobody wants to be mis-quoted and it can be time consuming for WS staff to have to go back and fix them.

Thread is open again for posting.

I don’t have much more to add as it’s mostly just speculation but hopefully more facts will emerge once it goes to trial. What’s scary is that this most likely took place in Samantha’s own home, a place she should have been/felt safe.

Am i right in saying that we are unlikely to hear more now until the plea hearing at the start of October? Also if Ms makes a guilty plea will the case still need to go to trial as suggested in February ‘19? Or would a guilty plea save Se’s family the torment of having to wait until Feb?

Am i right in saying that we are unlikely to hear more now until the plea hearing at the start of October? Also if Ms makes a guilty plea will the case still need to go to trial as suggested in February ‘19? Or would a guilty plea save Se’s family the torment of having to wait until Feb?
I don’t think we are likely to hear much more details until then so as to ensure a fair trial if he pleads not guilty. I could be wrong though.

AFAIK when someone pleads guilty to all charges it goes straight to sentencing.

I think that happened as soon as we saw photos of the structure L-L. It's true that we know nothing for sure but if so many people on WS can instantly spot a shoddy job when they see one, it was a fair assumption to make that SE would be equally disappointed at the quality of workmanship.

Totally agree Yozzer

I don't think I've seen the term 'bound' used before. It has a different connotation than 'covering', 'over' or 'across' IMO. Not sure if this is journalistic licence or a slip of the tongue.

The 28-year-old's body was found in a shallow grave, inside a duvet cover with her eyes and face bound with masking tape at a disused quarry eight miles from her Stoke home.

Family of murdered Samantha Eastwood thank wellwishers for support | Daily Mail Online

I don't think I've seen the term 'bound' used before. It has a different connotation than 'covering', 'over' or 'across' IMO. Not sure if this is journalistic licence or a slip of the tongue.

The 28-year-old's body was found in a shallow grave, inside a duvet cover with her eyes and face bound with masking tape at a disused quarry eight miles from her Stoke home.

Family of murdered Samantha Eastwood thank wellwishers for support | Daily Mail Online

It's an odd word to use in this context imo. When I hear 'bound' I think of hands and feet not of eyes and face.

We have now laid the flowers left in memory of Samantha Eastwood in the Maternity Centre courtyard and in the Prayer Centre. Thank you to everyone who has laid flowers.

Our thoughts are with Samantha's friends and family.

UHNM on Twitter

Attachments

• 86E53720-FE35-4BEC-9545-9ACE04955CC2.jpeg
    86E53720-FE35-4BEC-9545-9ACE04955CC2.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 13

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads