UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One neighbour told the BBC Sara had reportedly been seen at school covered in cuts and bruises in the months before her death. The neighbour, who asked only to be identified as Jessica, said: "Just before the Easter holidays she was in school and had cuts and bruises on her face and her neck.

"My daughter had asked what had happened and she said she'd fallen off a bike and then kind of walked away. The next day the teacher announced she had left school and she was being home-schooled."

What's with that teacher and that school? A child is seen covered with cuts and bruises, drops out that day to be home schooled---and no one follows up"?

Was it reported that the teacher or school did not report the suspicion of abuse, or is that an assumption made without knowing the facts?

One neighbour told the BBC Sara had reportedly been seen at school covered in cuts and bruises in the months before her death. The neighbour, who asked only to be identified as Jessica, said: "Just before the Easter holidays she was in school and had cuts and bruises on her face and her neck.

"My daughter had asked what had happened and she said she'd fallen off a bike and then kind of walked away. The next day the teacher announced she had left school and she was being home-schooled."

What's with that teacher and that school? A child is seen covered with cuts and bruises, drops out that day to be home schooled---and no one follows up"?
Once she'd left the school, the situation would have been passed to the Education Welfare Officer/Social Services, depending on how her parents removed her. I'm assuming the school's reaction to the "bike accident" would have involved reporting it to social services, and they would have reported her subsequent deregistering to home school/absence to social services along with that. The local social services have said they know of her so I'm assuming this was part of that. Once she was off-rolled, the school would not be able to do anything other than report to social services that she still wasn't attending. They would have also taken advice from social services about off-rolling a child who was involved with social services as well. MOO, based on working in a UK school.

Last edited:
The passenger said the suspects were taken off the flight before anyone else.

The passenger told Sky News that police questioned a few people who had been sitting around the suspects on the plane, asking if they had tried to speak to them during the flight.

Officers also said that nobody was allowed to film.

I wonder if we'll ever find out where they were hiding. I wonder if they were always near the airport in Sialkot, or if they moved there or were moved there after the children were taken into State custody.

dbm
found the info
Was it reported that the teacher or school did not report the suspicion of abuse, or is that an assumption made without knowing the facts?
I guess it was an assumption, made because she was trapped in that abusive home, had bruises etc, and no one removed her to safety.

Once she'd left the school, the situation would have been passed to the Education Welfare Officer/Social Services, depending on how her parents removed her. I'm assuming the school's reaction to the "bike accident" would have involved reporting it to social services, and they would have reported her subsequent deregistering to home school/absence to social services along with that. The local social services have said they know of her so I'm assuming this was part of that. Once she was off-rolled, the school would not be able to do anything other than report to social services that she still wasn't attending. They would have also taken advice from social services about off-rolling a child who was involved with social services as well. MOO, based on working in a UK school.
That's a problem and we have the same issues here too. Parents sometimes take their children out of school to avoid social services and home school them to avoid scrutiny. Lots of children fall through the cracks. It has to be fixed somehow.

The passenger said the suspects were taken off the flight before anyone else.

The passenger told Sky News that police questioned a few people who had been sitting around the suspects on the plane, asking if they had tried to speak to them during the flight.

Officers also said that nobody was allowed to film.
My original assumption was incorrect. I thought that they would be sat away from other passengers,with perhaps detectives or other people connected with the case in seats near to them. I also thought other passengers would be allowed to leave the plane first so the arrest would not be so public.

I wonder if we'll ever find out where they were hiding. I wonder if they were always near the airport in Sialkot, or if they moved there or were moved there after the children were taken into State custody.
I would also be interested to know how long the children were with grandfather at his house. I am not convinced they had been there since their arrival in Pakistan.

My original assumption was incorrect. I thought that they would be sat away from other passengers,with perhaps detectives or other people connected with the case in seats near to them. I also thought other passengers would be allowed to leave the plane first so the arrest would not be so public.
Agreed, I was actually shocked when I read that they were arrested in front of the passengers. Hope they felt humiliated and degraded! I was surprised they were trusted to make the journey with no law enforcements. Be interesting to see if any other passengers will speak out? I read somewhere that he slept the whole journey? Bloody hell, how can he sleep after what they have done?

How long is it normally until the trial? A couple of years? Or is it very variable?
I would imagine it will be around 6 to 9 months. I really wish I was a fly on the wall listening to their interviews this morning. I am presuming that the police will use their full time limit including extensions to question them before charging any one.

Sharif and Batool "gave into the pressure" put on them and after multiple police raids saw family members detained before flying back to the UK, it has been claimed

A police source told the Daily Telegraph: “They gave into the pressure built by the police through raids and detention of their relatives.

“Police tightened the noose around them and they found it difficult to hide in Pakistan any further.

“I can’t say they left voluntarily. They were given a safe route to travel to the UK without facing arrest in Pakistan.”

I wonder if the British government paid for their tickets. Three seats in business class would not have been cheap.

I wonder if people knew who they were until the arrests happened. Certainly an unexpected ending to the other passengers' journey.
The people on the first leg might not have, but I was wondering if people might have checked the news in Dubai when it was reported they were on their way. Although they might not have recognised them..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55
Back