UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I suspect once the full story emerges death could and should have been prevented, sadly justice won't alter that.imo.
I keep going back to the scenario described by the mother of a former school friend of Sara turning up at school with visible head and neck injuries (explained away by a ‘fall from a bike’) and never being seen again because she was removed for ‘home schooling’ the next day. If that is an accurate description of how things happened then that is surely a huge waving child safeguarding red flag which appears to have been totally ignored. Tragic.

I was not expecting charges to be made so soon I wonder if they will all plead guilty so there will not be a trial.
They have had a month in hiding to corroborate their stories with each other. They have had time to coach the kids on what to say and not say (IMOO).

Considering the 3 of them think of Sara's death as a mere "incident", I dont believe they will plead guilty! (again, MOO)
I think that the children (who are old enough) may well be the source of truth, sadly.

What worries me is that the police referred to the enquiry as "complex". I would have thought it was straightforward... where is the complexity coming from? Is there something more that we , as public, are not aware of?
JMOO

A post-mortem examination showed the schoolgirl had suffered “multiple and extensive injuries” over a “sustained and extended period of time”.

A cause of death is still to be established.
It is understood that not one single “catastrophic injury” is responsible.

Logan Mwangi again :(

If the media reports are correct about when the tickets were bought,

Wed 6th Sep - video statement is sent to the media, saying they are willing to cooperate with UK authorities.
Fri 8th Sep - Urfan's father says he sent a message to the trio, to surrender to police, two to three days ago.
Sat 9th Sep - Urfan's father is detained (not arrested) by police along with 9 others. One of Urfan's brothers bought the plane tickets.
Mon 11th Sep - Reports that police made threats to come after the women in the family next. Police raided Urfan's father's home and found the children.
Tue 12th Sep - the children were taken into temporary care.
Wed 13th Sep - the trio flew back to the UK.

They have had a month in hiding to corroborate their stories with each other. They have had time to coach the kids on what to say and not say (IMOO).

Considering the 3 of them think of Sara's death as a mere "incident", I dont believe they will plead guilty! (again, MOO)
I think that the children (who are old enough) may well be the source of truth, sadly.

What worries me is that the police referred to the enquiry as "complex". I would have thought it was straightforward... where is the complexity coming from? Is there something more that we , as public, are not aware of?
JMOO

I think the complex part will be trying to prove which of them caused the fatal injury - and - as I've just posted in the link above - the PM has already ascertained that no one single blow was the cause of death.

In addition, having to ask young children to provide information against their parents and relatives could also be considered complex and difficult.

Just MOO of course

Official post from the CPS

Sara Sharif death – CPS authorises murder charge against father​

15 September 2023|News, Violent crime

The CPS has authorised Surrey Police to charge Urfan Sharif with the murder of his 10-year-old daughter Sara.
Charges of murder have also been authorised against Beinash Batool, Mr Sharif’s partner, and his brother Faisal Shahzad Malik. A further charge of causing or allowing the death of Sara has been authorised against all three individuals.
They have been remanded in custody and will appear at Guildford magistrates' court on Friday 15 September.
Criminal proceedings are active and all those charged have a right to a fair trial.
It is extremely important that there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in anyway prejudice these proceedings.
The function of the CPS is not to decide whether a person is guilty of a criminal offence, but to make fair, independent, and objective assessments about whether it is appropriate to present charges for a criminal court to consider.

Notes to editors​

• Urfan Sharif (DOB 25/11/1981), Beinash Batool (DOB 14/7/1994), and Faisal Shahzad Malik (DOB 5/4/1995) are each accused of murdering Sara Sharif.
  • All three are further accused of causing or allowing the death of Sara Sharif.

I am glad that they have brought charges without needing to interview the children. Although I suppose there is the possibility the oldest son may have been assisting UK police via video calls since he was placed into care.

A post-mortem examination showed the schoolgirl had suffered “multiple and extensive injuries” over a “sustained and extended period of time”.

A cause of death is still to be established.
It is understood that not one single “catastrophic injury” is responsible.

Logan Mwangi again :(
Another similarity to Logan's case was that a victim was biracial.

My guess is that it was significant factor.
And, of course, being a step child.

JMO

I think the complex part will be trying to prove which of them caused the fatal injury - and - as I've just posted in the link above - the PM has already ascertained that no one single blow was the cause of death.

In addition, having to ask young children to provide information against their parents and relatives could also be considered complex and difficult.

Just MOO of course
I keep thinking of the 'letter' left near Sara (unconfirmed by the Police). It may not even exist. BUT if it does, this may add to the complexity of the case. Especially if it was 'supposedly' written by Sara's brother.
IF it's genuine, do the 3 charged persons know the contents of the letter in full? Are some (rather than all) of them even aware of it? Have they woven it into their story? Would it cause a split between them in their evidence/story if not all charged were aware of the contents.

Last edited:
I keep thinking of the 'letter' left near Sara (unconfirmed by the Police). It may not even exist. BUT if it does, this may add to the complexity of the case. Especially if it was 'supposedly' written by Sara's brother.
IF it's genuine, do the 3 charged persons know the contents of the letter in full? Are some (rather than all) of them even aware of it? Have they woven it into their story? Would it cause a split between them in their evidence if not all charged were aware of the contents.
If there is a letter and is used against them, at some stage they will or their legal team will be shown it as part of the disclosure process.

JMOO
I also wondered whether there was something more complex about the investigation when forensics have spent so long in their former property in Byfleet.

Their "story" (corroborated or not) will mean NOTHING in the light of evidence provided.

Autopsy revealed all the horrors of this child's existence.

These criminals can spin their ridiculous self serving tales but who will believe them??:rolleyes:

Facts, not fiction, count.

JMO

Last edited:
I am glad that they have brought charges without needing to interview the children. Although I suppose there is the possibility the oldest son may have been assisting UK police via video calls since he was placed into care.
I wonder if the children will be returned to England without it being reported by the media.

Were there steps in their current house? Maybe the poor child was injured catastrophically as far back as March/April, in the previous house. Spinal cord injury and they didn't get her medical help. Injuries, pressure sores, starvation, wasting away, no one single cause of death...

And that's why all three adults are complicit.

Brace yourselves.

JMO

Were there steps in their current house? Maybe the poor child was injured catastrophically as far back as March/April, in the previous house. Spinal cord injury and they didn't get her medical help. Injuries, pressure sores, starvation, wasting away, no one single cause of death...

And that's why all three adults are complicit.

Brace yourselves.

JMO
She was seen by the next door neighbour in Horsell carrying the youngest child,though no date was given for when she was last seen .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back