UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The father of Sara Sharif is among three people to face court on Friday after being charged with the 10-year-old’s murder. Surrey Police said the Crown Prosecution Service authorised charges against Urfan Sharif, 41, as well as Urfan’s partner Beinash Batool, 29, and his brother, Faisal Malik, 28, all of Hammond Road, Woking. They have also been charged with causing or allowing the death of a child. Video:

I doubt we'll learn much from the magistrate's court hearing but here's live reporting:

The Mirror live reporting gives a pretty comprehensive and detailed resume of the case .

The father of Sara Sharif is among three people to face court on Friday after being charged with the 10-year-old’s murder. Surrey Police said the Crown Prosecution Service authorised charges against Urfan Sharif, 41, as well as Urfan’s partner Beinash Batool, 29, and his brother, Faisal Malik, 28, all of Hammond Road, Woking. They have also been charged with causing or allowing the death of a child. Video:
So the brother Faisal Malik lived there too!

He was probably at home during the days leading up to their departure to Pakistan. I remember reading somewhere that he was a student. Given this was in Aug, he wasnt at college/uni). It would explain why he had to leave as well (cant stay in same house as poor Sara).

3 bed house with 3 adults and 6 kids - he would have witnessed things, just like the other kids would have. (IMOO)He must have witnessed Sara's abuse and death. I pray (for Sara's sake) that he wasn't also responsible for any kind of abuse (IMOO).

It is a semi-detached house - and UK attached houses aren't that thick-walled that you cant hear what's happening next door! Surely the neighbours must have heard raised agitated voices, kids crying (even if they didn't understand the language)...(IMOO) Even the beatings would have caused some sounds of crying, etc over the prolonged period! (JMO).

So the brother Faisal Malik lived there too!

He was probably at home during the days leading up to their departure to Pakistan. I remember reading somewhere that he was a student. Given this was in Aug, he wasnt at college/uni). It would explain why he had to leave as well (cant stay in same house as poor Sara).

3 bed house with 3 adults and 6 kids - he would have witnessed things, just like the other kids would have. (IMOO)He must have witnessed Sara's abuse and death. I pray (for Sara's sake) that he wasn't also responsible for any kind of abuse (IMOO).

It is a semi-detached house - and UK attached houses aren't that thick-walled that you cant hear what's happening next door! Surely the neighbours must have heard raised agitated voices, kids crying (even if they didn't understand the language)...(IMOO) Even the beatings would have caused some sounds of crying, etc over the prolonged period! (JMO).
I also don’t understand how the next door neighbours were unaware.

From the Mirror blog,linked above by Legally and Skigh

13:54KEY EVENT

Sharif, Batool and Malik all remanded in custody after court hearing​

Urfan Sharif, the father of Sara Sharif, his partner Beinash Batool and brother Faisal Malik have been remanded in custody at Guildford Magistrates’ Court after being charged with the 10-year-old’s murder.

What would be the normal crown court for this? Reading?
Guildford has a crown court. According to the BBC report they are due to appear at the Old Bailey.

Urfan Sharif, 41, his partner Beinash Batool, 29, and Urfan's brother, Faisal Malik, 28, all of Hammond Road, Woking, have also been charged with causing or allowing the death of a child.
They appeared at Guildford Magistrates' Court and were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey.

Guildford has a crown court. According to the BBC report they are due to appear at the Old Bailey.

Urfan Sharif, 41, his partner Beinash Batool, 29, and Urfan's brother, Faisal Malik, 28, all of Hammond Road, Woking, have also been charged with causing or allowing the death of a child.
They appeared at Guildford Magistrates' Court and were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey.
That's good they've gone for the OB.

Excellent

All three defendants are accused of murdering Sara on or about 8 August, and causing or allowing the death of a child.

The court was told the defendants denied the charges.

At the end of the 20-minute hearing,district judge Tan Ikram said they would remain in custody until their next court appearance on Tuesday.

"They appeared in the dock of Guildford Magistrates Court this morning flanked by a dock officer each. Sharif was wearing a grey prison issue tracksuit, Malik wore a red t-shirt and blue jeans and Batool was dressed in black.

The defendants, who only spoke to confirm their names, dates of birth and addresses, did not enter any pleas. They all gave their address as Woking.

An Urdu translator translated the proceedings to both men, as Batool, wearing a black jumper, eagerly watched the hearing unfold.

The charges were read out to them as the murder on or about August 8 at Woking of Sara Sharif. They were charged with causing or allowing the death of a child between December 16 2022 and August 9 2023.

The charges state they each caused or were aware of a 'significant risk of serious physical harm being caused' to Sara, and that they 'failed to take full steps as could have reasonably been expected to protect her from that risk'.

Deputy Chief Magistrate Tan Ikram remanded the defendants, from Hammond Road in Woking, into custody before they appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday."

Last edited:
I think either this means they were all blaming each other OR they could all have said no comment but the evidence so far places them all living with her and not intervening. We often see this with parent couples here - one of them has to have done it, no one is owning up so they both get charged with murder and causing or allowing the death of a child.
Sentences were revised in January ‘22 so causing or allowing the death of a child now has a maximum life sentence rather than 14 years. Child cruelty offences: Updated sentencing guidelines published – Sentencing

(I think this was to prevent both parties ending up with a lesser sentence because the jury were unable to ascertain which one struck the fatal blow hence both of them getting the lesser sentence of ‘causing or allowing….’).
I remember about 20 years ago there was a couple who got away with killing their child as they both refused to speak so it couldn't be ascertained which had killed the child. I'm so glad the law has changed since then so this won't work.

I remember about 20 years ago there was a couple who got away with killing their child as they both refused to speak so it couldn't be ascertained which had killed the child. I'm so glad the law has changed since then so this won't work.
Sadly, I think it's going to be a slow manner of death with multiple comorbidities that, regardless of the offending party, two other adults couldn't not have been aware. A severe case of unreported child abuse plus failure to render any kind of first aid or medical care. They didn't not know.

Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back