UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why the eye roll? There is a different picture portrayed between hands being tied and hands being placed in front of her body and a perfectly valid query for any one to make.

I have been wondering if any Muslim rituals were performed on Sara after her death.
It is usual to carefully wash the body and place the hands one on top of the other on the chest. The body is left facing Mecca.
My apologies - the eye roll is not directed at the poster here. More intended as an expression against the completely random, and often inaccurate, press reporting x

Sara Sharif's dad appears in court charged with murder - all you need to know

All three are also charged with causing or allowing the death of a child between December 16 2022 and August 9 2023.

December 16th 2022 will have been the last day of the school term before Christmas.

I found this for Surrey -

• Autumn Term: 1st September – 16th December 2022
The charges were read out to them as the murder on or about August 8 at Woking of Sara Sharif.

All three are also charged with causing or allowing the death of a child between December 16 2022 and August 9 2023.
[so the sustained and prolonged inflicting of abuse was from December 16 2022 as perhaps the injuries might be as old as from December 2022. IMO]

Certainly,the neighbour, Jessica, told the BBC: 'Just before the Easter holidays she was in school and had cuts and bruises on her face and her neck.[showing a continuation of physical abuse, sadly]
IMOO

Poor babe!!! 9 months!!

Two notes!! Since the notes were found in the same place (under pillow), I presume both are from same person. As there are 2 distinct notes, this indicates to me that there is a gap in time from 1st note to 2nd note (otherwise it is one note written over 2 pages - MOO). It also may mean that Sara's body was placed there for several days and everyone in the house knew about it, thus giving opportunity for the person to slip in and place notes twice.
The MSM reported -
the note was written by a family member and claims that Sara was “beaten to death” by someone known to her family....., the note reads: “Who ever sees this, it was XXXX who killed… (Sara)… by beating. I am running away because I am scared.”

I presume this is one of the notes.

Urfan and Faisal wouldn't be scared and want to run away. I very much doubt Beinash was scared of anything (certainly not an "incident"). So, gut says it it still the boy who put the notes...(JMOO)
The language of the note quoted here seems more grown-up than 13 year-old to me.

For a note(s) to be left with the body - it must surely have been put there at the very last minute, and by the last person to leave the house? Would anyone chance naming the murderer in one note, and then going back to add a further note with all the family including the murderer still in the house ?

Was that room locked when the police arrived?

Would be interesting to know whose finger-prints were on what items.... or not.

Puzzlingly, it could explain Urfan's call from Pakistan soon after he/they landed there, since the leaver of the note would want the police to find it. The note-leaver is claiming to be a witness who knew that Sara had been murdered.
I don't think that claiming to be scared means being innocent.
Someone could have been forced to write the note(s)?

I also thought this. Perverting the cause of justice, Concealing a body or failing to report the death of a child. I’m not sure of the correct terms for these charges? So please don’t BM!

Perverting the course of justice - They've all been charged with murder and we don't have any information that would suggest that they have altered the course of a police investigation in any way, such as by destroying evidence. They've evaded arrest / delayed being arrested, but the ultimate outcome has been the same regardless. They also came back "voluntarily".

Concealing a body - The body wasn't "concealed" and there was no attempt to dispose of it, prevent a coroner's investigation, prevent a lawful burial etc. They notified police.

Failing to report a death - I believe the time limit for registering a death is 5 days. Given that the policeman who found the body called for an ambulance, I suspect the condition she was in suggests she died on the day they booked flights to Pakistan - the phone call to alert police was made two days later.

Also, having more charges (especially lesser charges) would complicate the trial. Leading to more evidence being presented, more time, more things for the jury to think about and juggle in their minds. It's often best to try to maintain focus on the most serious of the charges. JMO.

Mr Attiq Malik - the 'family' lawyer ...
Qualified barrister but practises as a solicitor therefore able to follow a client from first arrest to Crown Court.
Initially was known more for Employment Law, than Criminal Law. He has stated he has always been passionate about human rights.
Became a name more widely known to the public after being called to represent a defendant in a Conspiracy to Murder trial.
Still available to view on C4 catchup I believe. 24hrs in Police Custody.
Became known as the 'no comment' lawyer, due to advising his client to go 'no comment' in interview.
When asked what his career highlight was, stated it was being on the TV show. (Goodness me! The mind boggles, if that is his career highlight.)
Based in Luton .... (home town of Batool)

Not quite my interpretation of a 'top lawyer'.
My interpretation is that he was known to the Asian community in Luton, got called out as Duty Solicitor on the night C4 was filming, and Bob's Your Uncle ....

Right time, right place.
JMO
Interesting that Attiq Malik was known as no comment lawyer as that was his usual advice to clients. I wonder if he gave this advice to Urfan.

I feel that Malik will be representing Urfan in order to get himself another t.v appearance!

I am reading two different things here, that her hands were "tied in front of her" and that they were "in front of her". Which is correct?
I didn’t see any reference to her hands being tied in the Daily Mirror article linked above. I think it said words to the effect of being folded on her chest - whatever it said made me picture her having been posed that way - a traditional way to arrange someone who is deceased.

Last edited:
In my experience, it is very easy to suddenly forget any ability to speak English when you are required to do so by the 'authorities'. Especially if you are the wrong side of the desk.
JMO - of course.

No comment on this case, but I think it's too easy to think this way if you've been raised speaking the language of the country you live in. For people whose first language is not English, they may only be "fluent" in a day to day conversational situation, which is very different to being probed and questioned by the authorities and does not carry the same consequences if they misunderstand something.

Noting that conversational fluency in languages tends to only require a vocabulary of around 1000 words (IIRC).

I think Mum wanted to see her and so was able to unofficially identify her but as she had not seen her for 4 year did not meet the criteria needed p to officially identify her

From the mail article:
The little girl was identified using the DNA of her mother Olga Sharif, who lives in Somerset, and another relative, the court was told.
Thank you Skigh for explaining.

The language of the note quoted here seems more grown-up than 13 year-old to me.

For a note(s) to be left with the body - it must surely have been put there at the very last minute, and by the last person to leave the house? Would anyone chance naming the murderer in one note, and then going back to add a further note with all the family including the murderer still in the house ?

Was that room locked when the police arrived?

Would be interesting to know whose finger-prints were on what items.... or not.

Puzzlingly, it could explain Urfan's call from Pakistan soon after he/they landed there, since the leaver of the note would want the police to find it. The note-leaver is claiming to be a witness who knew that Sara had been murdered.
I don't think that claiming to be scared means being innocent.
Someone could have been forced to write the note(s)?
From the mail article recently posted,it does not sound as if the bedroom was locked.

Describing the moment officers found Sara, prosecutor Ms Burrows told the court: ‘They initially searched all the downstairs rooms then went upstairs and inside one of the bedrooms were some bunk beds.

‘On the bottom bunk was a blanket and one of the officers pulled the blanket back. The officer discovered there the deceased’s body. A young girl fully clothed inside of the bed.

When they pulled the blanket back they found Sara lying fully clothed in the middle of the bed with her head up and her hands were lying on her chest, the hearing was told.

She was identified using the DNA of her mother Olga Sharif, who lives in Somerset, and another relative.

They were not asked to enter pleas, but their lawyers said they deny the charges. They were ordered detained until their next court hearing on Tuesday.
Sara Sharif was found under a blanket in a bunk bed with her head up and her hands tied in front of her

Last edited:
From the mail article recently posted,it does not sound as if the bedroom was locked.

Describing the moment officers found Sara, prosecutor Ms Burrows told the court: ‘They initially searched all the downstairs rooms then went upstairs and inside one of the bedrooms were some bunk beds.

‘On the bottom bunk was a blanket and one of the officers pulled the blanket back. The officer discovered there the deceased’s body. A young girl fully clothed inside of the bed.
Is this where Olga described in her interview something along lines - not a quote - she was in her Mickey Mouse pyjamas under a blanket and no child should be like that. To that effect though.

Two notes!! Since the notes were found in the same place (under pillow), I presume both are from same person. As there are 2 distinct notes, this indicates to me that there is a gap in time from 1st note to 2nd note (otherwise it is one note written over 2 pages - MOO). It also may mean that Sara's body was placed there for several days and everyone in the house knew about it, thus giving opportunity for the person to slip in and place notes twice.
The MSM reported -

the note was written by a family member and claims that Sara was “beaten to death” by someone known to her family....., the note reads: “Who ever sees this, it was XXXX who killed… (Sara)… by beating. I am running away because I am scared.

I presume this is one of the notes.

Urfan and Faisal wouldn't be scared and want to run away. I very much doubt Beinash was scared of anything (certainly not an "incident"). So, gut says it it still the boy who put the notes...(JMOO)

IMO, one of the adults has written this note. If it were one of the children, they didn't actually have the "agency" to "run away" themselves, they were taken by their parents. The parenthetical naming of (Sara) suggests that the person did not write her name, perhaps indicating a relationship in place of her name ("my daughter" or "my niece").

Sara Sharif's dad appears in court charged with murder - all you need to know

December 16th 2022 will have been the last day of the school term before Christmas.

I found this for Surrey -

• Autumn Term: 1st September – 16th December 2022
I wonder if Sara was treated in hospital for any of her fractures ,which at the time were explained as accidental ,but now are being seen as suspicious or whether Sara had frequent absences from school . I also wonder if the family requested a house move to distant themselves from neighbours and friends who knew Sara well and would be concerned about her not being out playing .

Is this where Olga described in her interview something along lines - not a quote - she was in her Mickey Mouse pyjamas under a blanket and no child should be like that. To that effect though.
I think that was when Olga viewed Sara in the morgue. She described Sara as wearing Mickie mouse pyjamas and lying under a quilt.

I wonder if Sara was treated in hospital for any of her fractures ,which at the time were explained as accidental ,but now are being seen as suspicious or whether Sara had frequent absences from school . I also wonder if the family requested a house move to distant themselves from neighbours and friends who knew Sara well and would be concerned about her not being out playing .
I imagine the council house move to a 3 bedroom semi (from a flat)? was a benefit of having an extra child (the new baby) in the family, just as I imagine that the father would have wanted custody of his 2 children with Olga in order to increase his rights to such housing/benefits.

The defendants, from Hammond Road in Woking, spoke only to confirm their names, dates of birth and addresses and did not enter any pleas to the two charges.

Urfan Sharif had his head held down as the prosecution briefly outlined the case against the defendants.

Sharif was wearing a gray prison issue tracksuit, Malik wore a red t-shirt and blue jeans and Batool was dressed in black, and were each flanked by a dock officer.

Two of the defendants required an Urdu interpreter.

View attachment 447214
Beinash Batool, stepmother of Sara Shariff being driven from Guildford Magistrates Court today

View attachment 447215
Sharif family lawyer, Attiq Malik, outside Guildford Magistrates' Court

Im guessing the window is blacked out but the press have got special cameras that reveal the person inside? Is that right?

I didn’t see any reference to her hands being tied in the Daily Mirror article linked above. I think it said words to the effect of being folded on her chest - whatever it said made me picture her having been posed that way - a traditional way to arrange someone who is deceased.
I imagine it too.
Hands linked.

In fact,
the classic position of a body in a coffin is lying on its back, with hands clasped at chest.
:(

JMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member