GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That dashcam footage is so frightening because thinking back to March and the forensics outside Poynders Court, that is the picture I, and many of us here, will have had in our mind, when we knew that was where she was absconded from.

The ease and callousness with which he went about it is astonishing and horrific.

Moment killer cop stopped Sarah Everard on street | Daily Mail Online

Coverage will resume tomorrow
Thank you for joining us on our coverage of this incredible difficult case, our coverage will resume tomorrow.

Please reach out to support networks, friends and family if you have been affected by anything you have read today.

16:02MAIA SNOW
Hearing concluded
The sentencing hearing has finished for the day.

It will resume again at 10am tomorrow, with the sentence expected to be passed between 12 and 12.30pm.

Live updates as Wayne Couzens sentenced at Old Bailey for Sarah Everard's murder

“It’s something that will stay with me for the rest of my life.”

A senior investigator on Sarah Everard's case, former DCI Simon Harding, says police officers “do not view” Wayne Couzens as a police officer and he “should never have been near a uniform”.

video clip on Twitter and towards bottom of their article Sarah Everard: Images show victim with her killer Wayne Couzens moments before he abducted her, court hears

Well, that’s great and everything but it rings rather hollow — but he was one, that’s how he took his victim and that’s after he should have been suspended and after there were several red flags. What are they going to do about it?

Mr Little told the Old Bailey: "The fact she had been to a friend’s house for dinner at the height of the early 2021 lockdown made her more vulnerable to and/or more likely to submit to an accusation that she had acted in breach of the regulations in some way." Sarah Everard: Former Met officer Wayne Couzens to be sentenced for murder

Some of us mentioned this early on, but were shouted down by accusations of "victim blaming".
No one was "blaming" her, but it is a fact that the actions of a victim can be a contributory factor in the outcome. And the prosecution has made that point: that if Sarah had not broken any rules she might have had the confidence to resist. We can, as the prosecution has done, acknowledge this without attributing blame.

Someone asked earlier about police officers working alone. While we would normally expect police officers to be operating in pairs, Sarah would have assumed that he was unaccompanied because of the need for social distancing. This was another way in which Couzens was aided by the pandemic.

Someone asked earlier about police officers working alone. While we would normally expect police officers to be operating in pairs, Sarah would have assumed that he was unaccompanied because of the need for social distancing. This was another way in which Couzens was aided by the pandemic.

I've had the police out to me when I've called them and often they've come alone. Also had them out during the pandemic and they said it was because of social distancing. So either way it's not unusual.

RIP Sarah. The details are horrific, but aside from them there is an element to this crime that must be making the MET (and the police in general) very, very nervous. WC was a serving police officer who used a legitimate ID card and police-issued equipment to ‘arrest’ his victim. Why, in the wake of that, should anybody in future cooperate with a plain-clothes officer?

Absolutely. I have been thinking, I am a “middle-class professional”, law-abiding and respectful of the police and authority. I’m a solicitor myself. But I am not going to be immediately deferential to anyone who claims to be a police officer and to have some reason to arrest me.

I appreciate most officers are not WC and that he was a “bad apple” but there look to have been multiple warning signs about him and this has significantly lowered my respect for the police. That’s the least of all this, I appreciate, but it’s happened.

CourtNewsUK@CourtNewsUK

The fridge used by Wayne Couzens to hide Sarah Everard's body and then incinerate it https://courtnewsuk.co.uk/cop-raped-and-murdered-sarah-everard-then-burnt-her-body/…

9:04 AM · Sep 29, 2021

CourtNewsUK@CourtNewsUK

This is the moment Couzens shows Sarah his warrant card before he handcuffs her and puts her in the back of his hire car, claiming she had breached Covid rules https://courtnewsuk.co.uk/cop-raped-and-murdered-sarah-everard-then-burnt-her-body/…

9:34 AM · Sep 29, 2021·

Police trawled through 1,800 hours of CCTV footage before they found film from a bus which led to cop Wayne Cousins. He initially said he didn't know her - but then claimed he had been 'leant on' by a gang https://courtnewsuk.co.uk/cop-raped-and-murdered-sarah-everard-then-burnt-her-body/…

4:59 AM · Sep 29, 2021·

By all accounts, today, WC has not cooperated -- leaving the prosecution to speculate on the details. And when he did speak, WC tried to invoke his family here -- claiming he'd do it all over again (i.e., "kidnap a girl") to "save his family" when he truly cared nothing for them -- taking his wife and children to his crime scene under the pretense they were cleaning up broken glass at the property site. WC did not deserve a family.

#JusticeforSarah

dbm - dble post

Last edited:
Video - watch
Here's Wayne Couzens claiming he did not know Sarah Everard when he was arrested at his home https://twitter.com/courtnewsuk/status/1443251498381717504?s=21

Interesting body language and breathing on that video.
He's shown pic of Sarah and nods his head and says yeah, then shakes his head and says no when the PO asks if WC knows her,
His breathing rate is high too, breathing way up into his chest. He's anxious here.

JMO

Last edited:
A whole life tariff should be applied by the judge and rightly so, given his position of authority and the abuse of that position for his own perverted ways this is one of the most shocking murders have ever encountered, maybe the most

I suspect he will take his own life within the next year or so or have it taken from him by another prisoner, even in solitary he will be a dead man walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member