GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couzens' movements were sporadic until sunrise.

Moving to and fro from Dover, Ashford and the surrounding rural areas.

He left the area of Hoads Wood for the last time just before the sun came up.

The Crown conceded there was no way of knowing exactly what he was doing during this time, or where Sarah Everard was.

Just after 7.30am, the Seat returns to North Military Road, Dover, and the hire car is driven away towards the central location of the town.

Sarah Everard murder: Wayne Couzens 'may have used Covid rules to arrest and kidnap victim'

I had taken my eyes off this case for a while , as just too painful .
Until today .
I wish I had stayed away .
I'm struggling for adjectives , it's even worse than I thought .

I cannot even begin to imagine what her family are going through having to come to terms with this .

Damn you WC

The court heard how Couzens 'travelled home' and remained there for the rest of the day.

"The local dental surgery called the defendant in order to re-arrange a dental appointment scheduled for the following day.

"He answered the call and was calm and accepting of the inconvenience and re-arranged it for March 26."

Live updates as Wayne Couzens sentenced at Old Bailey for Sarah Everard's murder

At 8:14am the defendant, wearing the same clothing as the previous evening, went to Costa Coffee in Biggin Street, Dover, where he bought a hot chocolate with coconut milk and a bakewell tart at a cost of £5.50.

Video footage shows him paying with contactless, and shifting, crunching his knuckles, as he waits for his order.

The hire car - the Vauxhall Crossland - is returned to Enterprise just before 8.30am, having clocked up more than 300 miles.

He does so without his police equipment, suggesting he has left them in the Seat

Sarah Everard murder: Wayne Couzens 'may have used Covid rules to arrest and kidnap victim'

Often in these cases you are struck by the banality that can follow such horror.

The court has just been played footage of Couzens buying a hot chocolate and a Bakewell tart in Costa, just hours after he has raped and murdered Sarah Everard.
https://twitter.com/mattuthompson/status/1443172357552680967?s=21

Some people would at least be shocked and panicked at how depraved they have become, and wrestle with their conscience after doing something like this. Find it hard to eat or sleep, perhaps.

This guy is enjoying a Bakewell tart.

Wayne Couzens's phone data indicated he was moving around the Ashford area in the early hours of 4 March and at 4.28am his Seat car was seen driving towards Hoads Wood, where Sarah Everard's body was found several days later.

Wayne Couzens sentencing live: Sarah Everard's killer had dating profiles and carried handcuffs off-duty, court hears

He visited at Costa coffee shop in Dover shortly before 8.15am on 4 March where he bought a hot chocolate with coconut milk and a bakewell tart before returning the hire car to Enterprise, the court hears.

Later that morning he travelled to Sandwich to dispose of Ms Everard's phone which he threw in a stream, the Old Bailey is told.

The phone was later recovered.

Couzens called a dentist shortly after 11.30am on 4 March to arrange appointments for his two children and appeared "calm", prosecutor Tom Little says.

He bought petrol which he used to burn Ms Everard's body, he adds.

This is chilling. The prosecutor plays a call Couzens made shorltly after he set fire to Sarah's body in which he calls a vet to make an appointment for his pet dog which was suffering from "separation anxiety." His voice is completely normal. He sounds concerned about his dog!

https://twitter.com/totalcrime/status/1443176843138510855?s=21

After calling the vet about his dog....he went to B&Q in Dover to buy two large builder's bags which he planned to use to dispose of the burned body of #saraheverard

https://twitter.com/totalcrime/status/1443177303077531651?s=21

Something I've been wondering about this case is if he simply accepted he would be caught?

The hire care was only for the deception. He has his phone on the entire time.

Yet he did try to conceal the body.

Did he simply assume no one would look that hard for her? Or did he just not care?

My thoughts at the time and still now were that he may of thought she wasn’t English. I work & am friends with a large number of Lithuanian women and the colourful workout attire is generally how they dress day to day (I know lots of people of all nationalities do too especially during lock down) but I’m trying to make sense of how or why he may not of thought her going missing would make such big news and it’s possible that he knows someone of Eastern European heritage wouldn’t be looked for that hard. Sorry if this offends anyone or it sounds like I’m being judgemental I’m honestly not

Last edited:
A witness saw a "large orange and yellow flame" in Hoad's Wood in Kent at around 12.45pm on 5 March, the court hears.

Prosecutor Tom Little QCs says: "This is consistent with the location where the defendant burnt Sarah Everard’s body, clothing and possessions using the petrol he had purchased earlier that day."

Later that afternoon Couzens called a vet to make an appointment for the family dog about "possible medication for separation anxiety".

An audio recording of the call is played to the court.

Wayne Couzens sentencing live: Sarah Everard's killer had dating profiles and carried handcuffs off-duty, court hears

I thought that. Would he have stopped to buy all those drinks for himself?

Personally I've bought a Lucozade and my go to diet drink when I've wanted some energy and know I've got hours of driving still to go. But never 3 varieties or 4 bottles total.

All seems very weird and haphazard, if he's going to burn the body, why not just burn the phone with it instead of throwing it in a river which is unlikely to forensically destroy it and increases the odds that one or the other is found.

My thoughts at the time and still now were that he may of thought she wasn’t English. I work & am friends with a large number of Lithuanian women and the colourful workout attire is generally how they dress day to day (I know lots of people of all nationalities do too especially during lock down) but I’m trying to make sense of how or why he may not of thought her going missing would make such big news is possible because he knows someone of Eastern European heritage wouldn’t be looked for that hard. Sorry if this offends anyone or it sounds like I’m being judgemental I’m honestly not

Yes this is a fair point. Lots of vulnerable people going missing all the time and aren't really missed.

My thoughts at the time and still now were that he may of thought she wasn’t English. I work & am friends with a large number of Lithuanian women and the colourful workout attire is generally how they dress day to day (I know lots of people of all nationalities do too especially during lock down) but I’m trying to make sense of how or why he may not of thought her going missing would make such big news is possible because he knows someone of Eastern European heritage wouldn’t be looked for that hard. Sorry if this offends anyone or it sounds like I’m being judgemental I’m honestly not

I think there was an element of that in his thought process, but honestly it seems like he was just so cocksure he wouldn't be caught. Reading all these details...this can't be his first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish