GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, always strange when these scumbags prep in advance, prowl the streets for their poor victims and kill them, then come up with the most outlandish stories.
It’s like their urge to rape and kill take over everything in their head.

I’ve read online that he’ll be housed securely with other inmates of the same ilk. Absolute despicable human he is.

I cannot imagine what Sarah’s family and boyfriend have had to go through. Poor people. Poor Sarah just walking home innocently. This makes my heart heavy thinking about what she went through :(

Probably stay in Belmarsh then?
Monster mansion in Wakefield maybe a little too far away.

I guess in solitary, right?
I cant imagine him in general population.

I guess they were waiting for orders, but yes it is strange and I remember upthread someone saying they wondered if WC was tipped off - he wiped his phone just before Police entered the house (according to one newspaper report it was 39 minutes before Police came in). Which is worrying. Unless whoever tipped him off didn't actually know what he'd done. Even so, still worrying. Sorry can't remember which media link it said 39 minutes before. MOO

"I'm sure it said somewhere that before his arrest officers were outside his house for about two hours. Why did they wait so long? At this point there was a possibility Sarah was still alive somewhere. Surely every second could have been crucial in any attempt to find her

There was a big tip off - via the national press that evening.

Until the day of his arrest, there had been no real indication from press reports that they were on to him, Sarah was still a missing person and no specific appeals or suspects.

However on the afternoon of the 9th March the police had pieced together the video footage to pinpoint the kidnap at Poynder Court and it was all over the press / TV during the early evening that a finger tip search was taking place of the exact point of the kidnap - I think WC became aware of that and would know the clock would be ticking in terms of his arrest at that point. There was also an unmarked vehicle parked near his home that he may have spotted.

The search of Poynder court didn't reveal any evidence that was presented in court, probably was never going to 1 week after the abduction so it does make me wonder if it was partially done to see if the suspect made any moves - they probably had enough evidence to arrest prior to the search - they probably knew it was him in the car, but equally had no idea of the fate of Sarah at that point, and if she had still been alive and being held captive, the news of the search could have triggered a move from the suspect whereas an immediate arrest could have led to complete denial of everything and a lost chance to find Sarah alive.

Also the earliest report of searches near the woodland where her body was discovered was also that same Tuesday evening, a retired farmer on Fridd Farm said police visited him and asked questions. That shows the police had already linked WC's woodland ownership before his arrest.

Last edited:
The Sabina Nessa court case is on this week too, another shocking stranger murder in London being trialled in the same week...he too drove from the South Coast into London to commit a horrific crime, also sounds like he too was not someone people suspected could do such a crime. Both him and WC were caught because of CCTV captured the crime/just before/afterwards, and therefore saving future lives. I know some worry about Big Brother is watching, but I am all for it!

Sabina Nessa case is now subject to sub judice. Any inference may fall foul.

I guess in solitary, right?
I cant imagine him in general population.

I don't know.
Has there been any reports of him being in SC so far in Belmarsh? I haven't read any as yet.

Thank God. That was the only possible sentence in my opinion. I have never personally felt so shaken and sickened about a crime in this country ever.
I still remember that absolute sick feeling when finding out it was a serving police officer as well, that was just the worst feeling.

I hope Sarah's family manage to find some peace eventually.

"Notwithstanding your guilty pleas,
therefore, I have seen no evidence of genuine contrition on your part as opposed to
evident self-pity and attempts by you to avoid or minimise the proper consequences of
what you have done."

"24. Those consequences are that on the count of murder you will be imprisoned for life and
the tariff is a whole life order. I have taken into account the offences of kidnapping and
rape in reaching that decision and on those counts I impose no separate penalty."

"25. Take him down."

Wayne Couzens: Sentencing Remarks

"I'm sure it said somewhere that before his arrest officers were outside his house for about two hours. Why did they wait so long? At this point there was a possibility Sarah was still alive somewhere. Surely every second could have been crucial in any attempt to find her

Possibly a local unmarked unit from Kent keeping him housed at the address pending the arrival of the Met investigators and forensics to conduct the arrest, interview and search of the house. Just one of a number of possibilities.

I’m not sure on the prison Ted, just reading online of people’s hopes he’ll get attacked in prison and others are answering them saying he’ll most probably be housed with other offenders of the same ilk and very much protected from being hurt by other inmates etc.

At the very least he deserves to be housed in a miserable, cold, damp room in isolation and being fed the very basic of bland cold food. Just give him and others like him a very miserable existence until the die (all my opinion only)

I would not be so sure about not getting hot chocolate and Bakewell tart in prison.
You could be right, after I wrote that comment I remembered watching a show on tv where Gordon Ramsey went into prison to show the inmates how to bake!

There was a big tip off - via the national press that evening.

Until the day of his arrest, there had been no real indication from press reports that they were on to him, Sarah was still a missing person and no specific appeals or suspects.

However on the afternoon of the 9th March the police had pieced together the video footage to pinpoint the kidnap at Poynder Court and it was all over the press / TV during the early evening that a finger tip search was taking place of the exact point of the kidnap - I think WC became aware of that and would know the clock would be ticking in terms of his arrest at that point. There was also an unmarked vehicle parked near his home that he may have spotted.

The search of Poynder court didn't reveal any evidence that was presented in court, probably was never going to 1 week after the abduction so it does make me wonder if it was partially done to see if the suspect made any moves - they probably had enough evidence to arrest prior to the search - they probably knew it was him in the car, but equally had no idea of the fate of Sarah at that point, and if she had still been alive and being held captive, the news of the search could have triggered a move from the suspect whereas an immediate arrest could have led to complete denial of everything and a lost chance to find Sarah alive.

Poynders Court was ID'd as a crime scene. Forensics would have been inevitable.

I like the way the Judge juxtaposed WC buying hot chocolate and a bakewell tart, at the same time that SE's family were distraught and desperately worried. Also the way he highlighted WC taking his children to play at the site of SE's burned body. He clearly showed there was no remorse.

I’m not sure on the prison Ted, just reading online of people’s hopes he’ll get attacked in prison and others are answering them saying he’ll most probably be housed with other offenders of the same ilk and very much protected from being hurt by other inmates etc.

Don't forget he's a copper - even the other worst bastards don't like them.

I thought Full Sutton was mentioned somewhere, but IMBW.

Poynders Court was ID'd as a crime scene. Forensics would have been inevitable.

Yes, I just mean the timing of that search - in reference to the police sat outside his property for 2 hours before arresting him knowing the search would be on the TV / news etc.

They could have arrested him prior, they had enough evidence, I meant that they wanted to see how he reacted to the news of the search of the crime scene

Thank you, do I need to delete the comment or are you noting not to say anything more about it?

Advice would be to delete. If you can't delete because an hour is up, report the post yourself and MODS will remove it for you.:)

Yes, I just mean the timing of that search - in reference to the police sat outside his property for 2 hours before arresting him knowing the search would be on the TV / news etc.

They could have arrested him prior, they had enough evidence, I meant that they wanted to see how he reacted to the news of the search of the crime scene

LE probably sat there in case he tried to abscond, if he were to have been watching on TV maybe.

That's how I usually feel, but I'm surprised that towards WC I don't think that way. I think... just let him die. I'm sorry, I know that sounds terrible. I'm trying to work out why I think like that, and I think it's something along the lines of he's so awful I can't even give him enough thought to hope that he'll suffer. Just let him be gone.

Hanging would have been better maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member