GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice would be to delete. If you can't delete because an hour is up, report the post yourself and MODS will remove it for you.:)
But there is a separate thread for Sabina. Does it mean we cant post there?

I am so pleased for her family they had a Judge who completely saw him and this crime for what is was and deserved a full life sentence:-

Taken from 23. :-

> You have irretrievably damaged the lives of Sarah Everard’s family and friends.

> You have eroded the confidence that the public are entitled to have in the police forces of England and Wales. It is critical that every subject in this country can trust police officers when they encounter them and submit to their authority, which they are entitled to believe is being exercised in good faith.

> You have very considerably added to the sense of insecurity that many have living in our cities, perhaps particularly women, when travelling by themselves and especially at night.

> The substantial CCTV footage and similar material does not give the slightest hint of someone in trauma, who has started to have second thoughts in the cold light of day about what they have done. Notwithstanding your guilty pleas, therefore, I have seen no evidence of genuine contrition on your part as opposed to evident self-pity and attempts by you to avoid or minimise the proper consequences of what you have done.

I applaud the Met for their careful, thorough investigation.

I just can’t help but think how fortunate it is that there was a CCTV capture of WC showing Sarah his warrant card and then handcuffing her. It is THIS evidence (IMHO) that allowed for the whole-life tariff, given that it shows specifically how WC abused his position of trust as a police officer to coerce Sarah into his car.

I can’t imagine the BS and drama that could have been created to “explain” why Sarah entered the car and the attacks on her character that would have been used by a desperate WC to avoid taking responsibility for his actions.

Thank god for the timing of the busses, the dash cams, and the eyewitnesses

I understand why you would ask this. In reality it would not work. As an example I would be one of three officers on night duty in a busy suburban area on the outskirts of a large UK city. I would crew a marked car on my own based on seniority and experience. The double crewed marked car would arrest someone early on in the shift and then have to deal with the prisoner for a number of hours in the custody suite. I am then the only officer covering the area, I am now significantly more vulnerable as I have no back-up available if I'm doing my job and it gets a bit hairy, but there is still a job to be done and a community to protect. Would you rather that I return to the station and do paperwork?

I don't know of any officer who would want to single crew a car voluntarily.

Lots of serious questions need to be asked and things need to change of that I am certain but it's important to understand all the pro's and con's of such changes.

Thank you for the clear explanation.

GB News@GBNEWS

‘Lord Justice Fulford has just handed down this whole life tariff to Wayne Couzens. He will never see the light of day again.’ Mark White gives the latest as ex-police officer Wayne Couzens has been sentenced to a whole life order for the kidnap, rape and murder of Sarah Everard
4:40 AM · Sep 30, 2021

https://twitter.com/i/status/1443541320203657222

https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1443541320203657222

Technically - is that correct?! "He will never see the light of day again"! I know it's an expression but despite being in prison, presumably he will be "outside" on occasion. For exercise eg. Or do they really actually keep someone in a cell with no window for life? Probably not.

Possibly housed under Rule 43 for vulnerable prisoners - paedophiles and defunct police, prison officers and judiciary. Although not many defunct police, prison officers and judiciary will be Cat. A!
It might feed his ego to be the first!

Last edited:
I applaud the Met for their careful, thorough investigation.

I just can’t help but think how fortunate it is that there was a CCTV capture of WC showing Sarah his warrant card and then handcuffing her. It is THIS evidence (IMHO) that allowed for the whole-life tariff, given that it shows specifically how WC abused his position of trust as a police officer to coerce Sarah into his car.

I can’t imagine the BS and drama that could have been created to “explain” why Sarah entered the car and the attacks on her character that would have been used by a desperate WC to avoid taking responsibility for his actions.

Thank god for the timing of the busses, the dash cams, and the eyewitnesses

Very good point, with the CCTV evidence of him showing his card and as a police officer himself he probably knew there was nothing he could gain from not pleading guilty, but by pleading guilty he might just get a reduced sentence...thankfully he was wrong!

But there is a separate thread for Sabina. Does it mean we cant post there?

The sub judice rule post charge and before there is a guilty plea, verdict or acquittal places a restriction on discussion of the impending case. Such discussion could be dealt with by contempt of court proceedings, particularly if it directly impacts on the right to a fair trial or undermines the case in some way.

Don't forget he's a copper - even the other worst bastards don't like them.

I thought Full Sutton was mentioned somewhere, but IMBW.

I can live in hope! I’m never ever normally like this, but in these cut and dried cases I want the murderer to live a scared, miserable existence. A cold room, eating cold bland food and water only and just generally having a *advertiser censored* life.
All moo

Technically - is that correct?! "He will never see the light of day again"! I know it's an expression but despite being in prison, presumably he will be "outside" on occasion. For exercise eg. Or do they really actually keep someone in a cell with no window for life? Probably not.

It's just a term that means he will never be free.

One thing that still makes me think. Why transfer her to his own car and commit the crime in his own car. 1) In case someone found evidence in the hire car? Unlikely as it would be valeted on return - especially during lockdown. 2) Because there was something to do with the power/personal element of doing it in his own car (but then to drive his family out in it! He only had the outside cleaned in a car wash).

One thing that still makes me think. Why transfer her to his own car and commit the crime in his own car. 1) In case someone found evidence in the hire car? Unlikely as it would be valeted on return - especially during lockdown. 2) Because there was something to do with the power/personal element of doing it in his own car (but then to drive his family out in it! He only had the outside cleaned in a car wash).

Familiarity, sense of security possibly.

I have a theory:

His stupitdity matches only his wickedness!!!

Policy change from Scotland Yard after Couzens case
The Metropolitan Police have announced they will not deploy plain clothes officers on their own, following the sentencing of Wayne Couzens.

Deputy Commissioner Sir Stephen House said: "We will not operate plain clothes officers on their own. If we do use them, they will be in pairs."

He said there will be "occasions" where that is not possible - such as when a pair of officers are split up - and noted that off-duty officers not in uniform "put themselves on duty" when they come across an incident.

Sarah Everard murder: 'I'm so sorry' - Cressida Dick says the 'precious bond of trust with police has been damaged'

I guess they were waiting for orders, but yes it is strange and I remember upthread someone saying they wondered if WC was tipped off - he wiped his phone just before Police entered the house (according to one newspaper report it was 39 minutes before Police came in). Which is worrying. Unless whoever tipped him off didn't actually know what he'd done. Even so, still worrying. Sorry can't remember which media link it said 39 minutes before. MOO

"I'm sure it said somewhere that before his arrest officers were outside his house for about two hours. Why did they wait so long? At this point there was a possibility Sarah was still alive somewhere. Surely every second could have been crucial in any attempt to find her
[/QUOTE]

He either spotted the unmarked car outside and thought to reset his phone. Or maybe he was tipped off by someone - seems too coincidental that they enter just after the reset! The telegraph reported that officers waited outside for 2 hours before entering the property.
Remember the user (badger?) who lived opposite the house who talked about the ambulance being outside in the days before along with the 4x4 undercover car being parked up on the street.

Wayne Couzens was known as 'The Rapist' by other officers
Wayne Couzens was known as "the rapist" by other officers at times during his career, the Chief Inspector of Constabulary Sir Tom Winsor has confirmed.

Sir Tom said the Independent Office for Police Conduct was investigating what other officers knew about Couzens following his conviction for the murder of Sarah Everard.

Asked on BBC Radio 4's The World At One if he was aware of Couzens' reputation as "the rapist", Sir Tom said: "Yes, I do know that. And (he) also had allegedly a reputation in terms of drug abuse, extreme *advertiser censored* and other offences of this kind."

Advertisement
He said he did not believe Metropolitan Police Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick should have to resign over the case.

"Cressida Dick is not responsible for the individual acts of every police officer, including a police officer of the appalling criminal intent of Wayne Couzens. Cressida Dick has a great deal of support from her officers and has led the force with distinction," he said.

Sarah Everard murder: 'I'm so sorry' - Cressida Dick says the 'precious bond of trust with police has been damaged'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member