UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think a vehicle has been involved? The fact she has not been found suggests she has been moved somewhere - Potentially further away based on the fact nothing has been found so far and after a weekend of the public being out and about etc and no one has come across her. I cannot see how you'd get away dragging a person very far.

Do we know what time she left her home? CCTV would show the route she walked.

With the exception of stopping at Sainsbury's for a bottle of wine, did she leave her home and go straight to her friends?

She wasn't out visiting other people?

I too had the iPhone X and my battery was useless. It would need charging at least once by the afternoon but I too used it for everything. My 12 lasts all day with 25% spare by night time. If her friend didn’t have an iPhone cable she might not have been able to charge it.

Either phone died or stolen soon after and SIM removed and discarded.

Does anyone else think a vehicle has been involved? The fact she has not been found suggests she has been moved somewhere - Potentially further away based on the fact nothing has been found so far and after a weekend of the public being out and about etc and no one has come across her. I cannot see how you'd get away dragging a person very far.

I think a vehicle is most probably involved. Otherwise the dogs would have picked up a scent. They have hugely powerful noses that work better in wet/damp weather surprisingly.

I'd like to know if the dogs did pick up a scent exactly where did it end? Does it correlate with where her phone went dead?

Last edited:
Either phone died or stolen soon after and SIM removed and discarded.

I’m think the same. Maybe the call ended because the phone died. Or perhaps she ended the call and shortly afterwards somebody intentionally switched it off.

I think the living alone quote came from the Times article which seems to have been deleted from the thread. Probably exceeded the 10% copyright limit, or content was subscription only.

She’s not one just to run off, say family of missing Sarah Everard | News | The Times

This link from google shows the relevant line about living alone......

She's not one just to run off, say family of missing Sarah Everard
www.thetimes.co.uk › article › police-reveal-details-of-las...

14 hours ago — Scotland Yard said she was heading towards Tulse Hill and was halfway into the 50-minute walk to her home, where she lived alone. She was .

True, and remember with Joanna Yates remember, she made it home and her neighbour was in her apartment waiting for her. SE likely has not left the house often (due to working from home), but she maybe was being watched from across the street by a neighbour. Was her leaving to meet up with friends an opportunity to do something similar?

It was actually Joanna's disappearance that brought me to webslueths many years ago and the question mark over whether Sarah made it home does have some similarities but my recollection of what happened in that case is different. I thought it came out at the trail that VT had knocked at Joanna's window and got her to open the door to him, I really don't think he was waiting inside her apartment.

It's possible that something similar happened to Sarah, someone came to the door just as she's gone inside and somehow lured her out again immediately which might explain why there are no obvious signs that she made it home and she didn't have time to recharge her phone (I'm assuming the it had run out of battery)

I do think that the method by which the phone went off could give the police clues, so - battery run down naturally = no clue to what happened but could explain why she wasn't able to raise the alarm versus phone manually switched off = possible disappearance by choice or phone destroyed in some way = third party involved

From following other cases I believe it is technically possible to distinguish these but I don't know how easy it is

Does anyone else think a vehicle has been involved?

I think it's very possible a vehicle is involved , and would explain how she "Vanished into thin air" although I also think it's more likely she got in voluntarily mainly because I think its hard to force someone into a vehicle when they're walking. I remember in London years ago after a night out, there were lots of illegal taxi operators, although this was long before Uber existed.

I think the living alone quote came from the Times article which seems to have been deleted from the thread. Probably exceeded the 10% copyright limit, or content was subscription only.

She’s not one just to run off, say family of missing Sarah Everard | News | The Times

Yes the article quote is “Scotland Yard said she was heading towards Tulse Hill and was halfway into the 50-minute walk to her home, where she lived alone. She was not identified in footage recovered from a camera further along the same road and her phone has been switched off since then.”

Knowing the area I don’t think there is any CCTV at all. Where have you spotted this?

i was looking for the ring doorbell that spotted her. or camera.

if she was walking on the left side of road its interesting they are looking/searching places on the right side. maybe thats the side she walked on, hence looking for ring doorbells. not really that relevant as last street view was oct 20...some houses may have installed since then

Have they released footage of her that was captured on the door bell as I have only seen the one of her walking into the shop to get the wine, she was on the phone then as well

Like I said before, if she was on phone and engaged in talking and walking, she would not likely have been aware of someone watching or following her. A phone robbery gone wrong, where she put up fight and chased the perp into the Oaklands Estate?

I am always inclined to know if residents heard anything? if there was a commotion in the street or shouting? people would have heard especially if your chasing someone who has just stolen your mobile which can happen but would a female be brave enough to chase someone in a different location she might not have been use to and take on a criminal

eerily the Libby Squire case when 'screams' was heard from the park which residents reported as hearing but nobody went out to check

something might have unnerved her and possibly made her go down another route home I can not help feeling whatever has happened had happened just as the phone call ended

From what I saw on a strava screenshot earlier in the thread Sarah is an extremely fast runner, I would have though that if she felt uneasy she would start running rather than take a different route. As that doesn't appear to have happened maybe she was taken by surprise or restrained by a stronger person, I also note that she isn't very tall and of course speed is useless agaisnt someone strong enough to hold unto you unfortunately

Thanks for this info and sorry for your loss.
Thank you - it feels like another lifetime ago now and I am now happily ensconced in family life with my lovely husband and children, but every time there is a missing person case I can vividly remember the dark feelings of that time, and I have so much empathy for families such as Sarah's. I am hoping against hope for her safe return.

On the subject of chloroform, I seem to remember from discussions on the Madeleine McCann case that abductors often try to use it but the problem is that you don’t need much of it and often end up killing people rather than just knocking them out. Not a nice subject but there you are.

Actually the problem with incapacitating someone with a chloroform-soaked rag is that the victim needs to inhale it for around five minutes (or more) to get unconscious. In cases where itwas used succesfully, the victims were treated with alcohol or sedatives first, or they were coerced into sniffing the chloroform, thinking it was medicine.

I think we can safely exclude using chloroform on Sarah.

Have they released footage of her that was captured on the door bell as I have only seen the one of her walking into the shop to get the wine, she was on the phone then as well
No they haven’t. It has been talked about earlier in the thread; that maybe this is because it gives a clue about her being with someone that the police don’t want to disclose yet.

My personal opinion is that the police will only share something which furthers the investigation. The doorbell footage is likely to be low quality and doesn’t really offer anything more than the Sainsbury’s image. So purely sharing the news about the footage is all that is needed.

I am always inclined to know if residents heard anything? if there was a commotion in the street or shouting? people would have heard especially if your chasing someone who has just stolen your mobile which can happen but would a female be brave enough to chase someone in a different location she might not have been use to and take on a criminal

eerily the Libby Squire case when 'screams' was heard from the park which residents reported as hearing but nobody went out to check

If that is the same estate as mentioned by someone on Twitter, it is full of crack dens and a definite no-go area! I would imagine, if that is true, they probably have a lot of noise and disturbance and would only think, at 9.30pm, it was kids or such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14