UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am always inclined to know if residents heard anything? if there was a commotion in the street or shouting? people would have heard especially if your chasing someone who has just stolen your mobile which can happen but would a female be brave enough to chase someone in a different location she might not have been use to and take on a criminal

eerily the Libby Squire case when 'screams' was heard from the park which residents reported as hearing but nobody went out to check

Was just typing the same thing.

Considering the Police has said something about SE 'disappearing into thin air' suggests no reports have been made regarding screams, which could indicate an attack.

ATM I think she's maybe voluntarily got into a vehicle at some point or has entered someones home with whom she's familiar with.

New poster here. Long time lurker.

Wanted to throw my two-cents into the conversation on her phone. IMO, Sarah's phone probably died or was turned off by perp.
However, speaking from my own experience, I have quite often in the past switched my phone to flight mode on nights out to conserve battery if it's already low.
iPhone's are active in the background when not physically in use which uses up battery, so switching to flight mode would disable this unnecessary activity and ensure that I had battery should I need it to help me get home, make a call, send a text on the way etc.

That being said, I would always text my partner before doing this to say that my phone would be in flight mode so not to worry about me if he couldn't get though.

I think it's very possible a vehicle is involved , and would explain how she "Vanished into thin air" although I also think it's more likely she got in voluntarily mainly because I think its hard to force someone into a vehicle when they're walking. I remember in London years ago after a night out, there were lots of illegal taxi operators, although this was long before Uber existed.

You raise a good point - right handed driver seats and left hand driving means for a driver to stop and get out to the pavement they need to come around the car which also complicates it further if you want to do it fast (assuming a solo attacker) - Or they stop on the wrong side of the wrong.

It's a grim possibility but if it was opportunistic could an attacker have attacked after she came off the phone - Put her somewhere she won't be found immediatly and then come back with a vehicle later?

New poster here. Long time lurker.

Wanted to throw my two-cents into the conversation on her phone. IMO, Sarah's phone probably died or was turned off by perp.
However, speaking from my own experience, I have quite often in the past switched my phone to flight mode on nights out to conserve battery if it's already low.
iPhone's are active in the background when not physically in use which uses up battery, so switching to flight mode would disable this unnecessary activity and ensure that I had battery should I need it to help me get home, make a call, send a text on the way etc.

That being said, I would always text my partner before doing this to say that my phone would be in flight mode so not to worry about me if he couldn't get though.

If she turned it to flight mode her phone would still be trackable by the Police (I work in Cyber Security so know a reasonable amount about this stuff.)

Have they released footage of her that was captured on the door bell as I have only seen the one of her walking into the shop to get the wine, she was on the phone then as well

No, I don't think they have released the doorbell footage.

I think the living alone quote came from the Times article which seems to have been deleted from the thread. Probably exceeded the 10% copyright limit, or content was subscription only.

She’s not one just to run off, say family of missing Sarah Everard | News | The Times

Ah THANK YOU Tortoise! I thought I’d gone mad and invented it. It’s not more widely reported as my tired thumbs can attest to. Still, I think we would have somehow heard about possible house/flatmates by now, even if they’d have been kept under wraps as POI.

Incidentally, this outlet reports that SE lives in a flat specifically. Not sure how much use this will be, but may narrow down potential residences if of interest later and/or the idea that she may have neighbours within the same house, and/or a landlord...

Police widen search for woman who ‘vanished into thin air’

I think a vehicle is most probably involved. Otherwise the dogs would have picked up a scent. They have hugely powerful noses that work better in wet/damp weather surprisingly.

I'd like to know if the dogs did pick up a scent exactly where did it end? Does it correlate with where her phone went dead?

I saw a reference to cadaver dogs yesterday but not searching dogs. I know from previous cases that it's a misconception that tracker dogs just spring into action with a smell from someone's clothes or whatever. I don't think it's anything like as simple as that, they can't just turn up on a street and find a scent. I'd be very surprised if tracker dogs have been used although I may have missed that JMO

Was just typing the same thing.

Considering the Police has said something about SE 'disappearing into thin air' suggests no reports have been made regarding screams, which could indicate an attack.

ATM I think she's maybe voluntarily got into a vehicle at some point or has entered someones home with whom she's familiar with.

My thoughts exactly

If that is the same estate as mentioned by someone on Twitter, it is full of crack dens and a definite no-go area! I would imagine, if that is true, they probably have a lot of noise and disturbance and would only think, at 9.30pm, it was kids or such.

That's true the way people have been talking about that estate and how is has been described there they probably would too out of it to even notice

No they haven’t. It has been talked about earlier in the thread; that maybe this is because it gives a clue about her being with someone that the police don’t want to disclose yet.

My personal opinion is that the police will only share something which furthers the investigation. The doorbell footage is likely to be low quality and doesn’t really offer anything more than the Sainsbury’s image. So purely sharing the news about the footage is all that is needed.

I just think it's important that the public see it , a different pose, a different stance can make all the difference to jogging someone's memory imo

Is it possible now with technology to locate the phone? would she have had the "find my phone" app or something , sorry not tech savvy. Also there are a lot of cameras along that route surely they can pinpoint when last seen and if she made it home? Did she live alone or with boyfriend , its not clear? Either she was abducted or attacked, if attacked then in 5 days i would have thought they would have found her? How was she when she left her friends? did she usually walk alone?
I hoping for a happy ending to this , but it does seem unlikely.

Please read from the beginning of the thread for all these answers....

For various reasons I feel this neighbourhood (and surrounding) holds a sizeable number of people unwell enough to commit the random attack. Or to become the prowler. The Met should be looking very closely at its VISOR list of anyone living within a couple mile radius, and shouldn’t be squeamish in investigating leads that otherwise might not feel politically correct. Severe mental illness in the area has to be considered. I speak as a bipolar person so please don’t think I’m targeting the severely mentally unwell.

if someone who is mentally ill commits a crime like this out of the blue they don't usually hide the victim , she would be left where she was stabbed imo

If she turned it to flight mode her phone would still be trackable by the Police (I work in Cyber Security so know a reasonable amount about this stuff.)
Are you sure? A quirk of iPhones is that WiFi is normally left on if you put your phone to airplane mode (unless it’s already turned off) but other than that only GPS would be working, which as far as I know is only a receiver, it doesn’t transmit info back to a satellite?

havent seen any answers?

The answers to your questions are all here in this thread. Honestly! Read back over the pages and you'll see....

But I'll try and answer them for you:

Yes, they know where she was last seen, yes they can trace the phone, yes she lives alone, yes she was fine when she left her friends and yes, she usually walks alone it's not rare to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay