DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

Link? In general violent crime has declined

Sorry, I don't know what RSBM means.

Regarding violence, the global security situation has undergone seismic shifts post-cold war and violence has increased substantially in most parts of the world which has filtered into city life in many instances. I'm not sure what aspect of this one would link, but potentially there would be thousands of examples as it's such as vast and pressing topic that has produced enormous bodies of literature - as is well known of course.

I'm not sure the relevance of elaborating on all this as far as SE is concerned - I was simply making the point that London (as well as many other places) can be and often is a dangerous place, and people of SE's generation, respecfully, perhaps for whatever reason think they are safer than their parents generation when they really are not.

London itself is currently undergoing a stabbing epidemic, for example, which it has been for a few years now. ETA: I don't think I need a reference for this as it's a given as far as anyone familiar with London or the news is concerned.

What is your point of reference in saying violent crime has declined?

Last edited:
Sorry if I have missed this but do we know the exact street where SE lives?

Know? No. But we’ve based some deductions on a few things (consistent Strava runs, a cousin’s pin drop on an early map of possible routes home that has now been picked up by the MSM) and these thoughts can be found on these pages. There’s also speculation about Brixton Water Lane, given its listing as the final road of interest to LE early on (in the private CCTV appeals).

There have been some troubling increases in recent years but overall violent crime is significantly down since the 90s (the poster referenced the last 20 years)

I mean in the 80s as kids we played football after school and biked where ever all without phones and no one knew where we were!
Exactly - this is the way kids grew up in the 80s but it doesn't happen now. That's really all I was saying but in a different way!

Well my questions are:
  • Who's the female 'friend' at bf's house?
  • Why was that 'friend' close to tears?
Could be absolutely nothing. Could be interesting...

The article didn't seem to suggest the friend was at the boyfriend's house, just that she was a friend, unless I'm missing something. She's probably close to tears because her friend is missing imo - my friend went missing and I remember being close to tears at any mention of her because I just hated thinking about where she must be and what state she might be in. That's an optimistic reading of why the friend might be so upset.

Well my questions are:
  • Who's the female 'friend' at bf's house?
  • Why was that 'friend' close to tears?
Could be absolutely nothing. Could be interesting...

There's been a jump to conclude that the close friend is SE's BF because his surname is the same as the 'dad who said his son's gf was missing' in the article. He could be the BF's brother and the woman his sister in law. If it is the BF then the other woman could be his sister or supporting friend. MOO

Know? No. But we’ve based some deductions on a few things (consistent Strava runs, a cousin’s pin drop on an early map of possible routes home that has now been picked up by the MSM) and these thoughts can be found on these pages. There’s also speculation about Brixton Water Lane, given its listing as the final road of interest to LE early on (in the private CCTV appeals).

If SE lives on BWL, it’s only a 7 minute walk from the other house where she could have been headed

The article didn't seem to suggest the friend was at the boyfriend's house, just that she was a friend, unless I'm missing something. She's probably close to tears because her friend is missing imo - my friend went missing and I remember being close to tears at any mention of her because I just hated thinking about where she must be and what state she might be in. That's an optimistic reading of why the friend might be so upset.

The article stated "Mail Online asked a friend of his at his home for comment and the woman, close to tears, said: 'Sorry, you'll have to contact the police.'"

Sometimes I misread things. But I read that to mean the friend was at his home.

EDIT to add: IMO the 'close friend' is the 'partner' formerly mentioned in MSM

Close friend of missing Sarah Everard, 33, makes emotional plea

The article stated "Mail Online asked a friend of his at his home for comment and the woman, close to tears, said: 'Sorry, you'll have to contact the police.'"

Sometimes I misread things. But I read that to mean the friend was at his home.

Close friend of missing Sarah Everard, 33, makes emotional plea

Oh I see! It's very confusing writing - is the friend male and the house belongs to him so he's a completely different 'friend' than her boyfriend? Or is he the boyfriend and is mistakenly being referred to as a 'friend'? Or alternatively is there a third party male friend who is at her boyfriend's home? It's making my brain fuzzy.

I don't disagree, but if she ran the same route from a home address, and had a privacy zone set up, she would appear at the same spot every time. We do not know for sure that her run started at Craster Road - though of course it could have done - it could also be that after she started her run elsewhere she always exited her privacy zone as she went along Craster Road.

There are runs starting a little way to the west of Craster Road (March-July 20) before they started appearing there (August 2020)

Adding a privacy zone does not have restropective effect. Or maybe she just moved house?

All other London runs from when she joined Strava in Jan 18 start and/or end a little further north in Brixton

No you're right, the runs prior to the summer seem to mostly start from New Park Road and run West, implying a move or perhaps that there is a radius and her true residence is somewhere in the region of Holmwood Gardens to Rush Common. It also may be, as you say, that she never moved and a radius was added later.

Regardless, it doesn't change anything. Her route home would have been to continue Eastwards down Poynders road until New Park road at least. Unless of course she was indeed heading elsewhere that night, but Clarence road is simply not logical unless she wanted to head much further North to Brixton or Clapham and even then would need a pretty windy route to get to Brixton. Also as has pretty reliably been agreed upon, seems you'd need to be brave to turn off the main road into an estate at night unless coerced or spooked, especially with all the shuttered up shops and abandoned pub.

Really sorry to hear about your experience and your friend. I’d like to think that resolved itself for the better, but I won’t ask you to talk about it if painful.

Re: the article, it mentions the unidentified person that didn’t want to comment as a friend of “his” (JL’s, not necessarily SE’s) and that she was making this comment through tears “at his home”.

Full quote of passage:

Mail Online asked a friend of his at his home for comment and the woman, close to tears, said: 'Sorry, you'll have to contact the police.'

Source: Close friend of missing Sarah Everard, 33, makes emotional plea | Daily Mail Online

Edit to add: not inferring anything about the relationship between JL, SE or the woman with JL here, just pointing out that the article presents this woman as JL’s friend not SE’s.

Oh I see! It's very confusing writing - is the friend male and the house belongs to him so he's a completely different 'friend' than her boyfriend? Or is he the boyfriend and is mistakenly being referred to as a 'friend'? Or alternatively is there a third party male friend who is at her boyfriend's home? It's making my brain fuzzy.

The writing isn't great. But it states that JL is the close friend appealing for help. The paper went to his house but a female friend of his answered the door.

As someone local to the area, can some of you other locals kindly stop running down council estates and the like? It's depressing and unnecessary. SW, indeed all London, is a huge melting pot. It's a bad look, and honestly just sounds like a dog whistle. There are affluent areas all over Clapham with badly-lit streets and cul-de-sacs for Gods sake. Sorry for the interjection, y'all!

I hope they find Sarah soon. Sending love to her family and friends.

I also agree with this 100%.

I’m not convinced that she was heading home. Is it possible that when she left her friend she intended to go home but then decided to go elsewhere, to someone else’s house?
IMO this is a good theory. I walked the route via google Maps and I can't see why she wouldn't continue on A205 to Kings and beyond. Clarence looks like a zig zag or you go all the way up to come back on yourself. As noted Strava runs pre Aug 2020 a lot of runs end and finish around New Park road. Maybe has acquaintances in that area. Another opinion of mine is in her bright coat maybe someone riding the bus spotted her. And potentially followed. There is good space from the road side on 205 near her last sighting so I find it would be difficult to get someone in a car JMO

Really sorry to hear about your experience and your friend. I’d like to think that resolved itself for the better, but I won’t ask you to talk about it if painful.

Re: the article, it mentions the unidentified person that didn’t want to comment as a friend of “his” (JL’s, not necessarily SE’s) and that she was making this comment through tears “at his home”.

Full quote of passage:

Mail Online asked a friend of his at his home for comment and the woman, close to tears, said: 'Sorry, you'll have to contact the police.'

Source: Close friend of missing Sarah Everard, 33, makes emotional plea | Daily Mail Online

I'm afraid my friend going missing didn't have a good ending - sadly she had some very severe mental health issues and ended her own life but that wasn't apparent until much later. It was a harrowing time for her family and all of us friends who knew her at university. I'd met her only a few weeks prior for coffee after bumping into her and it taught me that you really don't know how someone is feeling even if they tell you sincerely that everything is fine.

Thank you for clarifying the comment! It was a female friend at her boyfriend's home it seems, maybe someone who came over for emotional support or to pool resources and try to help in the search.

The writing isn't great. But it states that JL is the close friend appealing for help. The paper went to his house but a female friend of his answered the door.

Thank you! It's almost midnight here so I apologise for my dumb interpretation and misreading of things. Clearly shouldn't be on here at this time of night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1