UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand new posting here so sorry if its been thought of already. Could it be that the phone call with the boyfriend was actually arranging to see him that night, and he was going to pick her up on the street she was walking down? Could be the police suspect this and want to catch his car on cctv? Just my complete speculation but it does seem odd that they have found no trace of her on such a busy route and that we don't seem to have heard from the boyfriend yet. But as I say - very much speculating here!

I'm afraid my friend going missing didn't have a good ending - sadly she had some very severe mental health issues and ended her own life but that wasn't apparent until much later. It was a harrowing time for her family and all of us friends who knew her at university. I'd met her only a few weeks months prior for coffee after bumping into her and it taught me that you really don't know how someone is feeling even if they tell you sincerely that everything is fine.

Thank you for clarifying the comment! It was a female friend at her boyfriend's home it seems, maybe someone who came over for emotional support or to pool resources and try to help in the search.

So sorry for your loss and for your friend and her family.

The writing isn't great. But it states that JL is the close friend appealing for help. The paper went to his house but a female friend of his answered the door.

Could easily just be a housemate? Lots of house shares in London. I’d be pretty upset if I’d got to know my housemate’s girlfriend and then she disappeared.

Misunderstanding in that case - I thought you were saying locals were slagging off the not so posh areas

From my perspective exactly that has indeed been happening on this thread and I mentioned it to my partner in frustration just this evening. Describing council housing as eg 'ominous' and 'containing crack dens' is extremely unhelpful, in my opinion. And sadly it doesn't just occur on this thread.

Weeeell....I'm not sure if speculation is allowed. Forgive me, I'm very new and keen not to get off on the wrong foot. Let's just say the location of the "boyfriend's" home gave me pause for thought.

OK I don't want to get you into trouble, Baruti! I'm new also and haven't worked out what speculation is allowed (there is certainly some speculation involved in all these discussions!) and what is not. I'll have a think on that idea though. Tks.

Brand new posting here so sorry if its been thought of already. Could it be that the phone call with the boyfriend was actually arranging to see him that night, and he was going to pick her up on the street she was walking down? Could be the police suspect this and want to catch his car on cctv? Just my complete speculation but it does seem odd that they have found no trace of her on such a busy route and that we don't seem to have heard from the boyfriend yet. But as I say - very much speculating here!

All very much possible. The only version of the conversation anyone has is the one provided by the partner at this stage. Even if SE had confirmed to other friends, like the one she visited at Leathwaite, that she planned to meet her partner the next day, there is a possibility that the call to her partner then changed her plans, either to go to his if reachable, or for him to meet her/pick her up/etc. I would imagine it is standard LE procedure to (internally) list the partner as a POI and string together his movements, call records, other messages, alibis, etc. until such a point that he can be eliminated.

Thank you! It's almost midnight here so I apologise for my dumb interpretation and misreading of things. Clearly shouldn't be on here at this time of night!

IMO the article is written appallingly - unsurprising given it’s the DM. Put yourself in the female friends shoes. If a journo knocks on the door you are not going to tell them who you are or anything about the investigation. If all that was said by the female was ‘speak to the police’ (or words to that effect) the “journalist” has no idea of their relation to the boyfriend. Could be a housemate, a sister, SEs best friend.

Really sorry to hear about your experience and your friend. I’d like to think that resolved itself for the better, but I won’t ask you to talk about it if painful.

Re: the article, it mentions the unidentified person that didn’t want to comment as a friend of “his” (JL’s, not necessarily SE’s) and that she was making this comment through tears “at his home”.

Full quote of passage:

Mail Online asked a friend of his at his home for comment and the woman, close to tears, said: 'Sorry, you'll have to contact the police.'

Source: Close friend of missing Sarah Everard, 33, makes emotional plea | Daily Mail Online

Edit to add: not inferring anything about the relationship between JL, SE or the woman with JL here, just pointing out that the article presents this woman as JL’s friend not SE’s.

So the scum DM have tracked JL down from a FB profile, sent a reporter to the house to try and get a 'quote'.
Shameful as usual.

Let's not forget this thread can be read by anybody and journo's, including all the 'speculation'.

JMO

Last edited:
Well my questions are:
  • Who's the female 'friend' at bf's house?
  • Why was that 'friend' close to tears?
Could be absolutely nothing. Could be interesting...

I think this poor man probably feels terrible about not making sure she got home, even just from the some of the comments on here about him is an indication of the backlash he is probably expecting to receive publicly about this matter.

The person who answered the door could have been a flatmate or sister who is probably also devastated by this situation.

I don't feel this has anything to do with her private life, I believe this is a stranger attack. I hope her boyfriend doesn't blame himself for this. Would be a terrible guilt to carry.

MOO

I'm still very affected and disturbed by Sarah's disappearance and I desperately wish for her safe return, even though it is such a small possibility now. That being said, as a long time lurker but first time poster on this thread, the professionalism, friendliness and helpfulness of everyone here has really been a sight to behold. I always viewed WS as a way to find small tidbits of information in cases like this that LE were withholding, but my experiences today dealing with an actual officer on the case have turned my preconceptions upside down. I really think that what everyone does here is vitally important, even if we are unsuccessful in 'solving' the case- so please, keep this thread alive and keep digging everyone!

How is the boyfriends location known? I’ve not seen it disclosed anywhere
It hasn’t been and shouldn’t be disclosed on here whilst the partner is not a formal POI/suspect. But private sleuthing may have revealed additional details. But, as we keep being told, even hints about the identity or residence of the partner or any other F&F that have not been made public already should not be disclosed by us in this part of the forum, even if potentially useful or adds context to theories. It’ll be worse for all if the thread is shut down, and of course not fair to people involved in the case who are not listed formally yet by LE or MSM.

This isn’t aimed at you by the way! Just explaining why (hopefully) you won’t see the details here at this stage.

I think this poor man probably feels terrible about not making sure she got home, even just from the some of the comments on here about him is an indication of the backlash he is probably expecting to receive publicly about this matter.

The person who answered the door could have been a flatmate or sister who is probably also devastated by this situation.

I don't feel this has anything to do with her private life, I believe this is a stranger attack. I hope her boyfriend doesn't blame himself for this. Would be a terrible guilt to carry.

MOO

I've just been thinking about this very point and yes, perhaps all these comments about the boyfriend and friends not checking up on SE (if that's even the case - perhaps for all we know they tried their best) could be upsetting to her boyfriend and others too. They are certainly not intended to cause upset and are meant more out of concern for people's safety but as they say, the message received is not always the message given.

It does seem judging by conversations on here that among people Sarah's age, not checking up on each other at night was not so strange, so hopefully the boyfriend would not be receiving backlash from his peers at least.

I also have a feeling this is a stranger attack but we shall see.

I don’t particularly want or need the details!!

but they were mentioned as fact and I hadn’t seen them which made me wonder what else I had missed!! Threads are moving fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz