UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another newbie, here, I’m afraid, so apologies for any mistakes...

I live on Leathwaite, very near to where SE started her journey from and one thing that has always struck me from the beginning was, why she left the friends house by the rear gate? The garden she’d have to walk through would be dark, and you come out onto a small piece of scrub land (completely unkempt and overgrown), before you get to the South Circular Road to follow around to Clapham Common. It would add no time at all to leave the friend’s house by the front door and follow the well lit road around. I know SE was seen well after this point of her trip, but maybe it just shows that she wasn’t adverse to a little detour, even across an unlit, uneven area?

The other thing is her phone being turned off. I know someone previously asked if turning her phone onto “flight mode” stops all ping activity (I definitely do that myself, if my battery is dying, and especially if I wait to listen to music). I have to admit another bad habit I have, especially after a cheeky vino or two, is if I have an argument on my phone, I’ll hang up and turn my phone off, so they can’t call me back.

Last edited:
Good post. I live in another city on another continent and have very similar behavior while walking alone in my own mixed / transitioning neighborhood.

If I were leaving a close friends’ place with a 50 minute walk home, I’d say perhaps half of my friends would ask that I text when I arrive safely. And I would probably remember to do so only 2/3 of the time. As is so clear in all these threads: people’s habits vary and its hard to read much into them

We are creatures of learned habits.

If she has done this 50 minute walk home many times without trouble, and feels confident that she knows where to go, what to anticipate, how to handle herself, has her phone, well all this confidence may keep reinforcing itself that this is a safe practice and she is capable of avoiding trouble.

And her friend may also have acquired that confidence about her return trip.

I also think the idea that they are in a kind of lock-down gives a false security that fewer people on the street is safer. Not thinking that the well-behaved responsible people are the ones obeying the rules and the troublemakers are the ones out and about.

I hope I’m getting this right and posting it in the correct manner... could this be SE approaching the junction to right of the camera still? It consistently updates every 5 mins until 21:35 and then it jumps to 21:50 at this point. If I have my bearings right the road to right of image is the one exiting Poynders Rd / Clapham Common.

Clapham Common Southside/2021-03-03 - TfL JamCams Archive

Attachments

• 6398556B-57F3-4ADC-9D05-525926B0E681.jpeg
    6398556B-57F3-4ADC-9D05-525926B0E681.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 369
I hope I’m getting this right and posting it in the correct manner... could this be SE approaching the junction to right of the camera still? It consistently updates every 5 mins until 21:35 and then it jumps to 21:50 at this point. If I have my bearings right the road to right of image is the one exiting Poynders Rd / Clapham Common.

I can see a little white blur up from the corner on the right. I can't tell from the still which direction the blur is heading - farther to the right which I think you are saying is onto Poynder St or the other way, south on A24. From the Google earth day shots, I think there is a grey building there that looks like a closed store named Abode.

Last edited:

I think the road coming in at the top right, is The Avenue, which SE would have walked down, through the common, then exited, down Cavendish Road, on the bottom left?

Sarah Everard has not been seen or heard from since departing her friend's house in Clapham, south London, at around 9pm on Wednesday. Picture: PA

rbbm.
Sarah Everard: Police 'open minded' as search for missing woman carries on - LBC
''Detective Chief Inspector Katherine Goodwin, who is leading the Metropolitan Police's investigation, provided an update on efforts to find Ms Everard on Monday afternoon.

She said: "This is definitely a missing persons investigation at the moment but I remain open minded as to all possibilities in the investigation."
DCI Goodwin also appealed for anyone with more footage to come forward, particularly people with a dash cam, such as delivery drivers, who may have been driving along Poynders Road at around 9pm on Wednesday.''

"The evidence that you have on your dash cam could be absolutely vital to finding Sarah," she said.

On Sunday police said detectives had discovered new CCTV of Ms Everard confirming she was walking alone around half an hour after leaving her friend's home.''

JL suggested be the boyfriend in the DM article, yet in his Facebook post he only terms her as a “strong beautiful friend”. So either he has been incorrectly identified as her boyfriend or that he is not comfortable for whatever reason to identify himself publicly as her boyfriend. MOO

JL suggested be the boyfriend in the DM article, yet in his Facebook post he only terms her as a “strong beautiful friend”. So either he has been incorrectly identified as her boyfriend or that he is not comfortable for whatever reason to identify himself publicly as her boyfriend. MOO
[self deleted]

Last edited:
Have police checked behind the bin stores at Poynder's Court?

Very close to where phone signal disappeared, and seems quite an out-of-sight area to drag someone off the road.

Below screens from streetview.
Although I don’t know for sure about the bin store you highlight, I saw a police search team of 7 people literally just the other side of the bin store combing the floor (where the bus stop sign is on your map) in between ARG and poynders court. So IMO they’d have also looked in that area.

Ah, I see it now, sorry for my confusion

Last edited:
Although I don’t know for sure about the bin store you highlight, I saw a police search team of 7 people literally just the other side of the bin store combing the floor (where the bus stop sign is on your map) in between ARG and poynders court.

Between Poynders Court on the north side of the street across from ARG or Poynders Gardens on the same side and immediately to the west of ARG?

Last edited:
Between Poynders Court on the north side of the street across from ARG or Poynders Gardens on the same side and immediately to the west of ARG?
The red circle is where I saw police searching through the grass. The blue circles are where we know they have searched because of news articles (mylondon live). The activity was all on that south side of the road when I went past, but I’m hopeful they would have spotted that bin area too and searched it. They were literally 75ft away.

Attachments

• 5A494B62-FF02-4179-A2B9-3398045D2799.jpeg
    5A494B62-FF02-4179-A2B9-3398045D2799.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 125
The red circle is where I saw police searching through the grass. The blue circles are where we know they have searched because of news articles (mylondon live). The activity was all on that south side of the road when I went past, but I’m hopeful they would have spotted that bin area too and searched it. They were literally 75ft away.

Yes, that bin storage area in the closed alcove to the east of Poynder's Court kept catching my eye.

This was the point I was trying to make in thread one but my post got taken down for violating the rules but now it’s in MSM I assume we can quote the name?

Oh I see! It's very confusing writing - is the friend male and the house belongs to him so he's a completely different 'friend' than her boyfriend? Or is he the boyfriend and is mistakenly being referred to as a 'friend'? Or alternatively is there a third party male friend who is at her boyfriend's home? It's making my brain fuzzy.

I suspect he is being referred to as a friend in the media so avoid being cast out as being the ‘boyfriend’ who last spoke to her

5 questions police trying to solve about missing Sarah Everard

'Did she veer off her route home?
One of the main priorities of the police right now is to trace Sarah during her walk home. The police are calling for all those with CCTV and dashcam footage in the area that night to come forward as this is crucial in mapping out her route home and her last known steps.'

I hope that the turquoise jacket and hat combo isn't all people are looking for when they are checking their CCTV.

I know it was a cold night but those cagoule things get hot fast, if you walk fast. You get sweaty, you take them off. You take hats off. She doesn't necessarily look exactly like she does in that quite distinctive photo.

Hopefully there is someone who has been away, or who hasn't caught up on news yet, someone who still has some pertinent evidence, who will come forwards.

In my opinion that is looking likely. I think the phone call as the last known contact is important. Wording this as carefully as I can: If we presume SE were to change her destination after her phone call with the boyfriend (the phone call and to whom is widely reported) then I have found another publicly available address in Brixton which she may then head towards, which would have most likely routed her on a 30 min walk north up Clarence Avenue and then up the B221.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1