Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been wondering a few things about CS & 16 -

1. Why did he not know about her until she was 5 y/o? Did mom have concerns about his ability to be a good dad?

2. HOW did he find out about her when she was 5 y/o?

3. Why did he want custody? Was it to punish her mom? Was it to avoid paying child support and possibly force mom to pay HIM child support? Was it an excuse to be a SAHD?

4. Why was he granted custody? Did mom willingly let him have custody - possibly thinking it would be good for them to establish a father-daughter relationship? Did mom have to give in because she didn’t have money for a legal battle with CS who was being supported by ES? Did mom have health (physical or mental) or substance abuse issues? (This is ONLY a thought and I, in no way, want to even remotely suggest mom had any issues. Her daughter clearly lived/loves her and the courts later sided with mom and allowed her to regain custody.)

On a side note, I can speak from experience ONE reason why a mother may want to keep a child from their father. I got pregnant while still in HS & my BF (baby’s dad) was a good kid but had a very dysfunctional & dangerous mother who frequently popped in and out of his life. I chose to cut all ties with him and NOT tell him I was pregnant because of my fear of what my child’s life would be like with this woman even remotely in his life. When my son was 5 y/o (ironically the same age 16 was when her dad found out about her) my ex-BF suddenly tried to come back into my life. It became a very dangerous situation and at that time in my state you could only get a restraining order if you were or had been married or if you had a child together. Since I hadn’t put him on the Birth Certificate, I couldn’t get a restraining order. I was so glad that I hadn’t named him on the Birth Certificate because that would have given him “rights” and being able to get a restraining order (which could easily be violated) and/or being awarded child support was not worth the danger my son would have been in. Looking back I am amazed at how smart I was for being only 16 y/o.
I am glad that you followed your gut when you were 16! I think most 16 yr olds dismiss red flags, they will "fix" the person, or they feel like they are "overthinking it". When you know, you know! I was in an abusive relationship when I was 16. I knew it. My bf was a classic narcissist and everyone loved him, charming, handsome, athletic. I was insecure and felt like he elevated my social standing with my peers and also that i would never get another bf so I stayed...I should have listened to MY gut!

I can see so many scenarios, but all of them start with "the mother of the child didn't want CS to raise her daughter, so much that she didn't even tell him." What happened later? Either the mother lost a job and was desperate and had to reach out to CS for help, or she got sick (she died recently, remember?) and could not take care of the daughter. All i see is that she informed CS about the child out of sheer desperation.

If the mother sought benefits for the child, she’d have to disclose the child’s other parent so the state could seek support from him. I don’t know if this is what happened here, but it’s a third possibility. JMO.

Oh, and one of the officers decided to double lock the handcuffs. Interesting, I wonder if CS’ behavior put them on alert?
The 2nd lock is to keep them from closing tighter on the wrists, not as a 2nd lock to keep them locked. They seem to do the double lock on everyone because some who get arrested instantly come down with "Incarceritis" which is "I have a bad back" or "these cuffs are too tight!" or every medical issue under the sun in order to be treated with kid gloves or to insinuate they want to sue or something like that.

I opined earlier about the 59. I think it’s just kids language. How many times? A lot. More than 20? Yes. More than 50? Yes. 59.

59 is a large number. So in translation from kids language, it means a lot. My opinion as a mom.
I really cannot see them filing charges on someone with a random "big" number given by a child. I agree with the other poster who said they try to get as close to the actual number as possible by asking "how often?" if the kid says every day, they count how may days and multiply them by how long it's been etc. If the kid goes to the babysitter 3 days a week and dad leaves them in the car after each time he picks them up and it's been 2 months, it would be 24 times.

I really cannot see them filing charges on someone with a random "big" number given by a child. I agree with the other poster who said they try to get as close to the actual number as possible by asking "how often?" if the kid says every day, they count how may days and multiply them by how long it's been etc. If the kid goes to the babysitter 3 days a week and dad leaves them in the car after each time he picks them up and it's been 2 months, it would be 24 times.
I think with the texts from ES Saying how many times have I told you ….. and probably other concrete evidence (ie grocery store videos, gas stations) they were able to determine it was not unusual for CS to leave his kids in the car. They definitely didn’t charge him based on “59.” They are just documenting what the kiddos said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123
Back