UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In America they teach: run hide fight, in that order. Never ever comply. I guess it’s not easy in practice.

New member, been following along since yesterday, something about this case has grabbed my attention. I am a woman of a similar age to SE, and was a victim of a violent attack in North London back in 2015, whilst walking home alone after dark, but not late, so maybe that's why this has struck a chord with me.

Just wanted to comment on the above, and comments in the earlier thread about lack of a scream potentially being significant. I think unfortunately until you are a victim of a violent crime you can't know how you are going to react. You always think you will run, or fight back, or scream, but I think in reality many more people freeze. You usually have no control over it, when met with a threat to your life you get an automatic fight, flight or freeze response from the amygdala that happens without you putting any conscious thought into it. In my case, I was punched in the face hard out of nowhere, and didn't even realise what was happening until I was on the ground taking more blows to the head. I completely froze up and didn't make a sound. Thankfully my attacker took my bag and ran off, and I only had minor injuries (and a serious case of PTSD which took a lot of therapy to get over).

This is interesting:

"Uber has used it's smartphone software to pinpoint which of it's 45,000 London drivers were in the vicinity when Sarah Everard vanished.

The taxi giant has asked them to contact the police if they have any relevant information in relation to Sarah's disappearance, a spokesperson said."

Uber uses phone software to pinpoint drivers near where Sarah Everard vanished

I completely agree.

When we first arrived in London as young professionals in 2000 we lived in exactly these kind of places - in zone 1 in those days as fewer people wanted to live centrally. Many of these places are quite decent inside and still affordable.

Also someone working as a marketing manager in their early 30s isn't necessarily that well off compared to how expensive london is
I completely agree.

When we first arrived in London as young professionals in 2000 we lived in exactly these kind of places - in zone 1 in those days as fewer people wanted to live centrally. Many of these places are quite decent inside and still affordable.

Also someone working as a marketing manager in their early 30s isn't necessarily that well off compared to how expensive london is

Not really relevant, but she must be doing pretty well to live alone in that area and have a £600+ sports coat. Could be that she normally has a flatmate (or flatmates) who’s moved out for lockdown though.

She did have headphones with her for the journey, so may not have heard an attacker approach.

Just out of interest - would we expect a response of this size if, say, her phone had been traced to being reactivated at a later point somewhere within this building?

No, as LE have already mentioned the last ping.

Just out of interest - would we expect a response of this size if, say, her phone had been traced to being reactivated at a later point somewhere within this building?

I doubt it unless they are going flat to flat.

IMO if they’re deploying forensics then it’s either because they believe they might find her or some evidence, whether that’s some of her possessions or proof that a crime was committed relating to her somewhere in that block of flats. They wouldn’t go to all that effort with forensics if it was just a search or arrest.

Agree.
It's possible that LE have sent forensics in to see if she WAS in there at some stage.
She may not be there now.

JMO

Thinking about it, I agree with this post and the one it was replying to - I’d be surprised if LE allowed this public but clearly methodical display of preparing to investigate something forensically if they think a suspect is still in the building too as, although they’ve sealed it, we don’t know if they’ve apprehended someone inside or not. If not, and the perp is in there, this would be giving the perp time to dispose of whatever they could inside the building. Much more likely that either (a) they have a suspect already in custody and are now investigating for traces of SE being in the suspect’s address (or a weapon/property of SE) or (b) they’ve swooped in with the right team already to apprehend a suspect in there prior to then creating the cordon which would obviously be picked up by media and locals.

IMO if they’re deploying forensics then it’s either because they believe they might find her or some evidence, whether that’s some of her possessions or proof that a crime was committed relating to her somewhere in that block of flats. They wouldn’t go to all that effort with forensics if it was just a search or arrest.

Well they brought the dogs at the beginning of the search, I believe right after that the street was closed off.

Must say as a male Londoner following this forum has been a real education. The number of female posters who have reported crimes against their person - flashing, stalking, mugging, beatings and worse - is eye opening. Also alarming that many of these incidents are remembered in a matter of fact way - and that is in no way to denigrate the victim - as if this is part and parcel of living in a large city. And clearly this is the reality for many women. It truly sickens me, it’s shameful and my sympathies go out to all who have been victims of crime.

If no one is allowed inside the flats does that suggest the police think she may have been inside a particular flat at some time rather than being left outside or in the bin area?

I would say it might. But it might also be that they want to take dogs in there and search a few flats for scents or other evidence and just don't want people moving around inside the block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1