UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the key thing here is that the police DID go inside those flats this afternoon.They must have done that for a reason - those flats and not next door for example. There is a reason for that.

It may have been as banal as telling residents and/or facilities management why they were there, need to seal it off, anyone have medical emergencies, childcare, etc. In other words, could have been simple scene control/management rather than investigation.

A dear friend of mine was killed in a hit and run recently in a rural location with no witnesses, the damage to the car was substantial enough to have been the reason the police narrowed down a suspect so quickly. It was very significant damage. Granted, the speeds involved on a rural lane vs an urban main road are likely very different, but it’s worth factoring into any theory
Sorry to hear that.

It may have been as banal as telling residents and/or facilities management why they were there, need to seal it off, anyone have medical emergencies, childcare, etc. In other words, could have been simple scene control/management rather than investigation.
But to send forensics too?

If it was a car accident, wouldnt it have been better just to be a hit and run, rather than complicate things by stopping to pick up body and then dispose of the same?

I can certainly think of reasons why a "hit and run", or "hit and grab", or even "hit, return, and conceal/remove later" is unlikely given the location.

However, humans can certainly be unpredictable, especially when involved in "hit and runs". Take this case for example, where the driver drove home with the victim in her windshield. Again, I am NOT suggesting that happened here, but people do weird things in stressful situations.

Texas woman charged with allowing hit-and-run victim to die in her broken windshield | HeraldNet.com

I agree. Also, you suddenly go from hitting somebody, to also having a body to dispose of. Most hit and runs occur because people panic, never mind taking the time to then try and get a body in their car without being seen, even if a driver does stop.

Along with the drug theories, I see this as the least likely reason for Sarah's disappearance.

Agree - it's been said before, but worth saying again, this is a very busy road for traffic - vehicles passing every few seconds, and a no-stopping red route.

Other drivers might not notice what's going on on the pavement. But it's pretty inconceivable they would not notice a stopped vehicle on the carriageway.

Telecoms data may have identified the area of the flats, grounds and adjacent pavement as the last area SE's mobile phone was giving out a signal.

I agree that could be the case - but if Sarah’s phone battery had died that doesn’t mean she didn’t carry on walking from there or moving from that location - she may just have missed the cameras from that point onwards

The more I think about a vehicle being involved, the less likely I think it is.

In either a random hit and run sort of scenario or an abduction scenario where she is dragged into a vehicle, the police probably have that car on camera somewhere. And then wouldn't they be publicizing the make and model of the car or even the license plate? It seems completely improbable to me that a car was involved in some capacity and wasn't caught on camera or seen by someone. If it was caught on camera or seen by someone, I think there would be public appeals to find that car.

But to send forensics too?

I’m not aware we saw forensics go in, just uniform, and the forensics searched the surrounding external areas? Sorry, I may have missed it and, if they did go in the building also, then yes I’d concede that would point more to investigation inside too and/or a quicker access to the rear or something.

Uber uses phone software to pinpoint drivers near where Sarah Everard vanished

This article someone else posted, sorry I can't find the original post, has a very interesting section by a former police officer on why this is a complex crime, regarding conversations we had upthread.

Interesting this article states "She was last seen walking home alone on the South Circular Road and detectives fear she may have been abducted."

I haven't read that anywhere else have you guys? Thought the official line was still missing person.

Uber uses phone software to pinpoint drivers near where Sarah Everard vanished

The more I think about a vehicle being involved, the less likely I think it is.

In either a random hit and run sort of scenario or an abduction scenario where she is dragged into a vehicle, the police probably have that car on camera somewhere. And then wouldn't they be publicizing the make and model of the car or even the license plate? It seems completely improbable to me that a car was involved in some capacity and wasn't caught on camera or seen by someone. If it was caught on camera or seen by someone, I think there would be public appeals to find that car.

I agree. Unless she gets into a car of someone that she knows. JMO

I wonder why the police release two photos of Sarah today but still not released the doorbell footage of her last known sighting ?

If it is of poorer quality as the photos released, then it could be counterproductive.

The opportunity to get things into the public awareness is limited and needs to be maximised.

I wonder why the police release two photos of Sarah today but still not released the doorbell footage of her last known sighting ?

I personally think it may be because it either might indicate to the perp which house could have been a witness (as it’s a private doorbell cam) and/or the footage contains one or more POI that LE do not want to alert.

If it is of poorer quality as the photos released, then it could be counterproductive.

The opportunity to get things into the public awareness is limited and needs to be maximised.

Surely images of how she looked on the street in the dark in that clothing is more relevant than photos of her lit up in the day? Drivers and pedestrians would have seen the former and not the latter.

I agree that could be the case - but if Sarah’s phone battery had died that doesn’t mean she didn’t carry on walking from there or moving from that location - she may just have missed the cameras from that point onwards

Turning off onto Clarence? But there must be something about the location the police were at today, Poynders Court?

Anyone know if this was taken the evening of her disappearance? She’s certainly wearing the same trousers and coat. It looks like someone is watching her in the background.
wouldnt have been that close to her disappearance as it is getting dark around 6pm (3 1/2 hrs before disappearance)

Last edited:
I personally think it may be because it either indicate to the perp which house could have been a witness (as it’s a private doorbell cam) and/or the footage contains one or more POI that LE do not want to alert.

I think you make a very good point about this being a home addresses camera - I'd feel uncomfortable with it being shared if it was me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1