UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder if the Police have a lot more than they are letting on. Could it be that they do have CCTV evidence and are calling bluff until they can generate enough physical evidence to make an arrest. They continue to provide photos and reassurances that it's a missing person's case, but it feels that they are holding a lot of cards close to their chest, perhaps not to send a suspect into hiding.

They will have many other lines of enquiry that at being followed, e.g. SE's background, habits, social media, financial position, family, friends, current/former partners, work colleagues, known offenders of interest living/working/with connections in the area.

What you see is all the overt activity that is in the public domain. All the other lines of enquiry are very much hidden and will remain so.

Last edited:
Re: the doorbell CCTV I think that footage is from a house near Englwood Road now.

'Footage from a doorbell camera shows Ms Everard walking along the A205 Poynders Road towards Tulse Hill at around 9.30pm' — The Standard.
Could that be seen from there?

This is my opinion only: it looks like there is cctv facing the bins of the Estates that has been corned off (source: Google Maps Street View) The whole estate is managed by a property management company (we can read a notice they left on the bin storage) My assumption and MOO is that the agency was closed over the weekend and was only able to access and check the CCTV yesterday or today. They might have seen some suspicious activity and maybe a potential lead and sent the files to the police today. What do you all think?

Possible - But these kind of companies tend to have emergency phone numbers in case of issues like water leaks etc.

Hmm Uber driver speculation. So in order to get an Uber you have to book it from your own phone right. Police would gain access to her Uber account if she has one to be able to check this. That would pin point a pick up address.

Alternatively would she get into a random Uber that pulled up? I don't think so, SE would know that this is suspicious IMO.

Or Uber are just being helpful in trying to obtain footage from drivers in the area...

Do we not think Uber are just trying to be helpful here (lord knows they have been trying to retain good press at the moment given their licensing battles with the Mayor’s office).

In spite of the potential data protection issues, since it’s not user data that is being sought I imagine this is potentially quite powerful information (assuming actual drivers are not being compelled to provide any information, just encouraged)?

Hmm Uber driver speculation. So in order to get an Uber you have to book it from your own phone right. Police would gain access to her Uber account if she has one to be able to check this. That would pin point a pick up address.

Alternatively would she get into a random Uber that pulled up? I don't think so, SE would know that this is suspicious IMO.

Or Uber are just being helpful in trying to obtain footage from drivers in the area...

Re Uber, I can see both for and against ruling it out as a theory:

Ruling it out: LE advised they expected SE to be walking home, even quoting the 50 min walk time, we know she at least started to walk, no reports that she got an Uber TO Leathwaite so the walking distance might not have been a problem for her, LE have never reported knowing she accessed the Uber app just before disappearance, would need to assume she didn’t tell JL she was thinking of getting a cab otherwise he would have reported that?

Not ruling it out (ie counters to the above): could have wanted to get home quicker by that time of night (long day, had already walked part way, maybe tipsy), battery was about to die (based on last ping) and felt unsafe walking the rest of the way without phone or JL to talk to so used remaining battery to hail an Uber, an early MSM quoted friend saying “ride” home (see thread 1), no CCTV sightings beyond Poynders (ie could have been in a car), LE not wanting to report all of this for fear of alerting suspect (Uber driver), journos have gotten hold of secret request by LE to Uber HQ to scour database and have reported it along with “abducted” wording.

Intriguing...

Phew caught up, all threads/posts. So pleasing to read mainly UK posters, you are all so pleasant and well informed. I do have one thought, here in the US, if there is a dead body () in a crime scene, frequently the police will leave the body in place until the entire crime scene has been processed. Are we sure that isn’t what is happening here?

SBBM - the latter

Yes I agree with others that it is genuine offer of help.

I'm still drawn back to the fact that the forensic team where drawn to a very specific point on that road though - there must be a reason for that. I'm leaning towards someone in those flats saying they saw something in that location.

Last edited:
Sarah Everard: Block of flats cordoned off in search for missing woman

9 March 2021

Officers searching for a missing woman in south London have put up a cordon outside a block of flats near to where she was last seen.

Sarah Everard was last spotted by a doorbell camera on the A205 Poynders Road in Clapham at about 21:30 GMT on Wednesday.

The cordon extends along Poynders Road from Rodenhurst Road to Cavendish Road.

Detectives have released fresh images of the 33-year-old as the search continues "at pace".

As part of the ongoing investigation police are searching a variety of areas, the Met said.
[..]

Forensic officers placed markers on the pavement of Poynders on Tuesday evening.

Earlier officers were seen lifting drainage grilles and using sniffer dogs outside the nearby Oaklands Estate and gardens.

Detectives continue to say they are "keeping an open mind" about her disappearance.

Det Ch Insp Katherine Goodwin said a number of CCTV recordings had been "seized".

_117509078_bor2246-2021saraheverard2.jpg

_117509074_f9219e84-fd44-4b65-a942-a5e801948c64.jpg

'Footage from a doorbell camera shows Ms Everard walking along the A205 Poynders Road towards Tulse Hill at around 9.30pm' from The Standard. Could that be shown from there?

Maybe better phrased as just past Englewood Road (on Cavendish Road). House looks like it has at least one ring-type camera that would have a clear view across the street?

Phew caught up, all threads/posts. So pleasing to read mainly UK posters, you are all so pleasant and well informed. I do have one thought, here in the US, if there is a dead body () in a crime scene, frequently the police will leave the body in place until the entire crime scene has been processed. Are we sure that isn’t what is happening here?

They do, but you'd typically see a tent go up if it's outside to preserve evidence and stop people viewing.

Phew caught up, all threads/posts. So leasing to read mainly UK posters, you are all so pleasant and well I formed. I do have one thought, here in the US, if there is a dead body () in a crime scene, frequently the police will leave the body in place until the entire crime scene has been processed. Are we sure that isn’t what is happening here?
I agree, but I think the search is being wound down at this location. If a body was in a bin, I suspect that the bin would have been taken away by now, if out in the open, then a tent would be erected. IMO, I don't think she is here.

Edited to add, they are still there doing a grid search on an adjacent piece of land. But still no tents erected.

Sarah Everard: police place cordon around block of flats in south London

9 Mar 2021

Friends and relatives have also issued urgent appeals on social media to help find the 33-year-old marketing executive, who has not been seen since leaving a friend’s house in Clapham at about 9pm on Wednesday last week.

One of the two new images shows Everard in the same coat she was wearing on the night she disappeared.

DCI Katherine Goodwin, who is leading the Met investigation, said there was no information to suggest Everard had “come to any harm”.

She said: “We’ve released two new images of Sarah as we continue to search for her.

“I want to remain clear that at this time we have no information to suggest that Sarah has come to any harm and we retain an open mind as to the circumstances.”

Everard left her friend’s flat in Leathwaite Road, Clapham, at about 9pm on to the A205 south circular road, and is thought to have walked through Clapham Common towards her house in Brixton on a journey that should have taken about 50 minutes.

Her family have said it is “totally out of character” for her to disappear.

They do, but you'd typically see a tent go up if it's outside to preserve evidence and stop people viewing.

I agree, but I think the search is being wound down at this location. If a body was in a bin, I suspect that the bin would have been taken away by now, if out in the open, then a tent would be erected. IMO, I don't think she is here.

Edited to add, they are still there doing a grid search on an adjacent piece of land. But still no tents erected.

and it is apparent that they are not at all interested in any of the flats inside the building?

Re Uber, I can see both for and against ruling it out as a theory:

Ruling it out: LE advised they expected SE to be walking home, even quoting the 50 min walk time, we know she at least started to walk, no reports that she got an Uber TO Leathwaite so the walking distance might not have been a problem for her, LE have never reported knowing she accessed the Uber app just before disappearance, would need to assume she didn’t tell JL she was thinking of getting a cab otherwise he would have reported that?

Not ruling it out (ie counters to the above): could have wanted to get home quicker by that time of night (long day, had already walked part way, maybe tipsy), battery was about to die (based on last ping) and felt unsafe walking the rest of the way without phone or JL to talk to so used remaining battery to hail an Uber, an early MSM quoted friend saying “ride” home (see thread 1), no CCTV sightings beyond Poynders (ie could have been in a car), LE not wanting to report all of this for fear of alerting suspect (Uber driver), journos have gotten hold of secret request by LE to Uber HQ to scour database and have reported it along with “abducted” wording.

Intriguing...

Excellent post full of little details from along the way! Good to have a for and against discussion backed up with reasonings :)

Possible, but I think in that case the press would have gotten wind of it by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman