UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our posts crossed - but yes I was thinking that too! Snooping on what was being seen/found outside of official channels perhaps?!
If the police officer works in south west london (speculation, but working with this theory for the moment) then it is worth pointing out for those on here not familiar with the geography (although a quick google maps search would point in this direction) then a drive home from anywhere to the west of Clapham to “Kent” would involve driving along the south circular/A205/Poynders Road.

It’s not a great commute (SW London to eg the outskirts of Kent but within the commuter belt) would be 1hr+ in normal daily morning/evening traffic.

For those outside of London/UK Kent is a commuter belt county for London, but parts of it are sort of indistinguishable geographically from the suburbs of London. So while the police say he was arrested in Kent, geographically that could still be Greater London (we don’t know the locations involved, just purely providing a bit of colour to this).

Being from Kent in this instance could just as well be “Greater London”. And Kent is a massive county. Please don’t speculate as to what this may or may not mean with regards to anyone else.

I wonder if she was flagged down by a police officer claiming to be doing ‘routine covid checks’ on random members of the public - maybe he asked her how many times she had left her house today and for what purpose. He then asks her to step into the back of the car so he could take some of her details and she complies as most citizens would and he drives off with her to somewhere more secluded to commit other acts that I don’t want to think about too much. JMO.

whats this?

Can’t link as it’s SM but others have already pointed out the name of the road. An old derelict station near to where SE vanished. Regardless of whether or not it’s linked I have a horrible gut wrenching feeling PO abused his power and the outcome is not good :(

I now keep thinking back to that post on here somewhat out of the blue from a user contacted on SM, allegedly from a police officer, about what CCTV images could be accessed and how... we initially scoffed that an officer wouldn’t know about that sort of thing (I should add: scoffed not at the truthfulness of the poster on here, but rather in the sense of assuming that the officer might not be who they said there were if they didn’t know that but were involved in the investigation, and instead might have been a journo trying it on.

But what if that was this officer, and he was snooping on the case online because he wasn’t actually part of the investigation and/or had a LE role that didn’t require use or even knowledge of TFL CCTV, and was concerned he could be picked up on camera coercing SE into his vehicle? Doesn’t bear thinking about... but nothing would surprise me with this case now.

I wonder if that officer who spoke to the WS member on the phone gave his name? I imagine that they would as a form of identification so the person on the other end of the phone doesn’t hesitate to believe they are actually speaking to a police officer. If they do have a name then it would be interesting to see if it matches up when this man’s name is released. He could have given a fake name, I suppose.

This is all such a far reach but it would be sickening to think that the police officer who called the WS member had something to do with this.

Sorry I’m on my phone in bed and having a nightmare trying to go through the old threads. Can someone explain to me the link with the old Cavendish Rd police station?

Been lurking. Just signed up.

Three thoughts.

1) The woman arrested might be the police officer’s mother or other relative rather than a romantic partner.

2) Whatever the initial scenario, this might be something unintended or accidental that went wrong. So maybe started as something corrupt or sexual and escalated or maybe even an RTA.

3) Female relatives of men are more likely to help them cover up an accident, or something they at least believe to be an accident. They are less likely to assist a deliberate rapist or kidnapped unless forced.

I tend to agree with your second point. It seems needlessly brazen and, frankly, pretty nuts for a police officer to purposely plan to abduct and harm a woman in such a public area. I tend to think he stopped to talk with her or pick her up and it wasn't premeditated.

If he has been arrested on suspicion of murder but SE's body has not been found then there is an unpleasant scenario.

This is something that the police would not wish to answer questions on, whilst they endeavour to locate SE and obtain vital evidence.

do police officers offer lifts though. I would imagine if someone said they were a police officer and offered someone a lift they would be a bit suspicious.

My friend and I (both young, female) were once walking home quite late in the evening and a police car pulled up beside us and offered us a lift home. There were two officers in the car and we didn't think twice about accepting.... I think I might have a different answer after today.

I feel certain, based on comments from the SIO, that the reason for the arrest is a substantive offence. If it wasn't and there were other suspects outstanding then the arrests would not have been announced.

The arrested persons would likely have been held incommunicado to prevent knowledge of the arrests being made known to any outstanding involved parties, who may abscond or destroy evidence.

This announcement has been made to reassure the public and that is no doubt because the police believe they have their primary suspect.

I agree. Whilst you seem better versed in LE procedure than I (former police/intelligence?), I would imagine it’s a risk to go public with the arrest of an accessory in the event it alerts the primary perp into absconding. Unless there’s a greater risk that not arresting them leads to evidence being lost and/or it’s intentional to spook the primary offender.

On balance, I think LE think they have their man.

So while the police say he was arrested in Kent, geographically that could still be Greater London.

Not that it matters, but IMO if they said the arrests were made in Kent, they mean somewhere within the current boundaries of Kent, not somewhere that used to be in Kent but is now within a London borough.

I wonder if she was flagged down by a police officer claiming to be doing ‘routine covid checks’ on random members of the public - maybe he asked her how many times she had left her house today and for what purpose. He then asks her to step into the back of the car so he could take some of her details and she complies as most citizens would and he drives off with her to somewhere more secluded to commit other acts that I don’t want to think about too much. JMO.
this sounds plausible but i feel this questioning would have taken some time and someone would have seen this. Another idea is that he knew her and she just got into the car

Been lurking. Just signed up.

Three thoughts.

1) The woman arrested might be the police officer’s mother or other relative rather than a romantic partner.

2) Whatever the initial scenario, this might be something unintended or accidental that went wrong. So maybe started as something corrupt or sexual and escalated or maybe even an RTA.

3) Female relatives of men are more likely to help them cover up an accident, or something they at least believe to be an accident. They are less likely to assist a deliberate rapist or kidnapped unless forced.

I'm trying to think of reasons an Officer would go to such lengths outside of being a complete monster. I doubt affairs go down very well in the Police - Not suggesting anything but the risk of his career crashing could be a potential reason he went to such lengths?

Could it also be possible that it was actually SE who flagged down the PO as his car approached so that she could report something she'd seen on her walk home?
not sure, would be more likely as she was the victim that he stopped. or else they already knew each other, which to me at this stage seems most plausible. But again, who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem