UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

This article says the Dad found out about the arrest of PO through the media. That's heartbreaking.

"
Her stunned uncle Nicholas told MailOnline: 'It's shocking and very upsetting. We were not expecting a development like this and it's difficult to make sense of it.

'I found out that a police officer had been arrested through the media last night. I spoke to my brother straight away and he was as shocked as me.

"

EDIT: poster has kindly pointed me to reports of working in Westminster area.

Re posts about proximities from Deal to Brixton/Clapham area and commutes: just because he doesn’t work for the police in the Deal area, and is possibly involved in SE’s disappearance in the Poynders Rd area, doesn’t automatically mean he works in the Brixton/Clapham area day-to-day and therefore has a lengthy commute or stays in digs in the Clapham/Poynders area during the week.

If anything, I think it’s more credible that he ventured out of his usual working area to look for potential victims, so that the disappearance wouldn’t be on his “patch”, possibly connecting him.

“The Sun can reveal he is an armed officer based in Westminster - whose work saw him provide protection at major public events attended by senior members of the Royal Family.

PC Couzens is thought to have been a late entrant to the police, joining around 10 years after previously working at a family garage repairs business in Dover.” Police officer arrested over Sarah Everard's disappearance named and pictured
I read that Sarah used to be a mechanic? Bit of a leap but might be some connection

So does that mean he only went into the police after 2015, or was undertaking the garage at same time? If former seems short time to have trained and be let loose with a firearm.
I thought that too but one of the other news reports said ‘he was a late recruit of 10 years’ I’ll try find link, was def MSM but was written poorly

Edit - here it is from the sun

PC Couzens is thought to have been a late entrant to the police, joining around 10 years ago after previously working at a family garage repairs business in Dover.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14294370/sarah-everard-police-search-home-wayne-couzens/

Last edited:
Re posts about proximities from Deal to Brixton/Clapham area and commutes: just because he doesn’t work for the police in the Deal area, and is possibly involved in SE’s disappearance in the Poynders Rd area, doesn’t automatically mean he works in the Brixton/Clapham area day-to-day and therefore has a lengthy commute or stay in digs during the week.

If anything, I think it’s more credible that he ventured out of usual working area to look for potential victims, so that the disappearance wouldn’t be on his “patch”, possibly connecting him.

The links above say he worked in Westminster

That's the article I was on about that the pictures have been scrubbed from. They were there a few hours ago.

Strange that the papers are blurring his wife's face out and not naming her even though she's also been arrested?
Perhaps being cautious?

In response to the distance from Deal to London - I have a colleague that makes the exact same commute all week, so it’s not out of the question, imo.

I agree, this is a fairly long commute for a police officer, but by no means an unrealistic commute into London. I don’t know if commenters saying otherwise are not in London and just looking at a map and guessing it is not doable on a daily basis, but plenty of people do this or comparable journeys.

What does Sarah’s current boyfriend look like? I know you can’t judge people on appearance but I wouldn’t have paired Sarah with the likes of Wayne Couzens. She seemed very quiet and reserved. Of course, anyone can lead a double life though. I don’t think she is romantically connected to Couzens IMO.

Boyfriend is very tall, thin, wears glasses and works in marketing. Her age at 33.

I don’t think there’s a romantic link at all unless unrequited. And I even think that’s unlikely as he worked in Westminster. I think this was a random abduction and he may not even have used the police angle.

He could have a London flat too, but from the size and location of the house in Deal, I’d be surprised if that’s the case.

Dont want to stereotype but can’t imagine there are too many police officers, unless very senior, who could afford a 2nd London flat on top of a home. Average police salary is in early 30’s

Yes! You've cracked it. That sits with me. I agree. That explains the complex bit. Have they been looking for the officer and finally they found him hiding in Kent. They weren't going to say they had a suspect in mind until they had traced him as he is one of their own and it would cause concern with the public. I think you have this spot on. It makes sense to me now.

They used the word complex on day 1 or 2 and everyone said not to read anything into it

I really don't think they knew they were looking for a police officer but not which one it was. How could that be?[/QUOTE]

He's an Armed Officer - Interestingly this would suggest at one point he was a decent officer. Don't tend to get on the training without a good previous record from my understanding.

i believe the ‘end of road’ article says another family member also joined the force. Maybe they flatshare for work? Or he flatshares with a colleague on work days.

If I read it correctly, he had only been with the police for six years. I am wondering if he is a member of a gun club and was introduced to LE on the basis of his skill there by another member who works for LE?

Re posts about proximities from Deal to Brixton/Clapham area and commutes: just because he doesn’t work for the police in the Deal area, and is possibly involved in SE’s disappearance in the Poynders Rd area, doesn’t automatically mean he works in the Brixton/Clapham area day-to-day and therefore has a lengthy commute or stays in digs in the Clapham/Poynders area during the week.

If anything, I think it’s more credible that he ventured out of his usual working area to look for potential victims, so that the disappearance wouldn’t be on his “patch”, possibly connecting him.

Deal would be Kent Police, Clapham where Sarah disappeared from would be Metropolitan Police, so 2 different forces.
If he worked for the Met and lived in Deal, he would commute by car to the police job in London. Although it's about an hour and a half journey, and that's without traffic! So definitely not on his 'patch' which was Westminster, so I believe.

This article says the Dad found out about the arrest of PO through the media. That's heartbreaking.

"
Her stunned uncle Nicholas told MailOnline: 'It's shocking and very upsetting. We were not expecting a development like this and it's difficult to make sense of it.

'I found out that a police officer had been arrested through the media last night. I spoke to my brother straight away and he was as shocked as me.

"

Sounds like it was not as planned as we first thought? Highly unusual the dad wouldn't be made aware of such a development before it coming public.

The wife has a pretty decent job from what I can see so it’s possible that he could afford to have a rented flat closer to his work during the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar