UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #4 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he had a pied a terre of sorts in Clapham that he used when he was at work? It’s not a cheap area to rent from previous experience of searching for flats to rent so maybe not.

The lady who’s face is blurred in the picture may not be his wife, hence the censoring?

I don't know all the details of how they are organised but is it not possible the Police have accomodation that officer's can use say if their shift goes way over or they are required to be on stand-by or something?

I'm curious to learn his relationship with the victim.

"The serving Metropolitan Police officer arrested over the disappearance of Sarah Everard is a former car mechanic.

PC Wayne Couzens, 48, was being held today by colleagues in the Metropolitan Police in connection with the week-long missing persons investigation into Sarah.

The officer - who was never involved in the search himself - was arrested just before midnight last night at his home in Deal, Kent.

Mr Ephgrave would not say if the officer was known to Ms Everard. The Metropolitan Police officer, arrested in Kent in connection with the disappearance, today remained in custody at a London police station. "
Serving Met Police officer and former mechanic, 48, arrested over disappearance of Sarah Everard | Daily Mail Online

Does anyone else get Levi Bellfield vibes from all of this? My guess is he approached and asked for her number. She said no, he flipped and killed her.

He could have even flashed his badge to get her into the car, then said “actually I just want your number”.

I felt sick when I saw the news this morning. Thinking of her family and friends.

Thanks for pointing this out. Is it just the posts who name him or any posts relating to him at all even without a name?

I'm not sure tbh. Other people have rightly pointed out we are permitted to quote MSM sources where he has been named so bit of a grey area. I guess as long as everything remains speculative at this stage..

ETA: I mean MSM must have 100% confidence to go public with a name otherwise they would be in for one hell of a lawsuit!

But we can quote MSM sources - so I think we are OK.

Yes my understanding is that we should refrain from posting non-MSM references in case we/this site becomes liable as it’s public. Hence why we have the private convo feature.

This is different to the ethics and morality of posting about non-charged POI of course, but an internet search of names and details we mention here will be, if we stick to TOS, retrievable on MSM too (unless that doesn’t change this site’s liability though).

Am aware this could be taken as me moderating - Mods, please correct me/delete/tweak as appropriate.

Policeman's garden is being dug up
Police are "digging up the garden" of a serving police officer arrested in connection with the disappearance of Sarah Everard.

A tent has been erected outside a house in Freemens Way in Deal, and a car was seen being taken away from the property.

A neighbour in the road said a police officer lives at the address with his “chatty” wife and two children.

She told PA “They just seemed like a normal, regular family, there was nothing strange about them at all.”

Read the fulll story here.
--
Jesus, makes me feel sick

Oh no I'm in tears now.

Thanks for pointing this out. Is it just the posts who name him or any posts relating to him at all even without a name?
To be clear - we can discuss the content of any MSM that names the suspect. We CANNOT sleuth the suspect nor their family. The suspect can only be sleuthed when formally identified by LE

Last edited:
As he has been named by media it is totally fine to discuss and sleuth him. Our backs are covered in that respect.

• Back FACTS up with evidential links .
  • Do NOT bring his family into it until/unless names are released
  • NEVER sleuth minors - absolute no no

Hope that helps!

They could be looking for buried evidence that isn’t a body, maybe a weapon or clothes or something that he panicked and buried rather than retaining or throwing into a body of water. However as a police officer I’m sure he would know that isn’t a wise course of action. It’s more likely that they’re looking for Sarah which makes me feel nauseous.

I read previously that ‘Honest Toms Snack Bar’ on Clapham Common is used by off-duty police. Is it possible that Sarah was seen walking alone from there by someone who got in their car shortly after and caught up with her further down the South Circular?

Re How they would have identified him as a suspect. They would have first identified the section where the searched flats (Poynders Court) were as they caught her on a ring doorbell prior (I don't think this was released, the CCTV released looks like she was walking into flats/shop/station due to mat on the floor, rather than passing a ring door bell) so if she did not make it to where the next obvious camera (another doorbell/cctv) should have picked her up, then that gives a clear section that they knew she went missing in (including cameras on any off roads she could have turned down). They would have door knocked all of those residences in that section and checked people were there, questioning them/checking alibis and if someone was not in their flat checked their whereabouts, especially if they had they left and not returned. They would have also watched any CCTV camera footage closest to before and after that section, noting any cars for which timings showed they had stopped for any duration, or had left from that section, but had not arrived in the minutes/hours of so beforehand. They also reported they had CCTV they had not released, this could have shown the suspect, but they did not want him to know they were on to him. Those flats had garages where a car could park, even if suspect did not live there.

Therefore using all of the above you can see how they could have identified this person as a suspect and also that there are many scenarios as to what could have happened whether he had a flat there or not, I definitely do not think an RTA as that road is too busy to knock someone down and get them put in your car without anyone noticing.

Last edited:
I think we can discuss what has been said about him in MSM (with links).

Because the police have not named him I think we cannot do sleuthing of him beyond what is in MSM. eg we can only sleuth a suspect’s social media once LE have officially named them as a suspect or POI.

Am reporting my post for clarification from Mods please.

Last edited:
I really think he arrested her for 'drugs' or something but she assumed she was the wrong person. If he was a police man and showed his badge, was she really going to run away at that point?
Very plausible. He could certainly have used his badge in some way to gain control and handcuff her. Still a long drive though and it would become quickly apparent something was not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025