UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes probably but the Mods have put up numerous warnings and other posters have commented that caution is needed. It will be disappointing for everyone if the thread is closed.

Advice for the newbies, read the rules and rather than jumping in with comments which can shut the thread down,get a feeling from the chat especially those more experience at this than people like myself.

Dont want to stereotype but can’t imagine there are too many police officers, unless very senior, who could afford a 2nd London flat on top of a home. Average police salary is in early 30’s

He is a late entrant to the police so could have bought one in his previous job.

What terrible but somewhat inevitable developments today. Desperately sad. JMO and I could be wrong but I think this had stranger abduction written all over it from the start which is why it caught my attention. I'd be very surprised he was known to her, the thing that bothers me though is how do you drive someone against their will such a distance? Her phone was off also indicating he may well have switched it off shortly after their point of contact. I'm starting to think guns and handcuffs and I don't really want to go there.

Policeman's garden is being dug up
Police are "digging up the garden" of a serving police officer arrested in connection with the disappearance of Sarah Everard.

A tent has been erected outside a house in Freemens Way in Deal, and a car was seen being taken away from the property.

A neighbour in the road said a police officer lives at the address with his “chatty” wife and two children.

She told PA “They just seemed like a normal, regular family, there was nothing strange about them at all.”

Read the fulll story here.
--
Jesus, makes me feel sick

He might be a forensically aware policeman but this was a very brazen abduction if it did go down the way it appears. Makes me think it wasn’t planned.

No theories seem very plausible to me with the information we have. That road would be such an odd place for such an event to occur. Seems more likely that a perpetrator has some base or connection to Clapham rather than just passing through. But perhaps trying to apply logic to a perpetrators thoughts and actions isn't the right way of looking at it.

I'm also concerned that the PO names actually hasn't been 'officially named by LE' which is a requirement before discussion can happen. Perhaps everyone should refrain for the time being?

How does that equate then with being named and photo shown in MSM, which we can link/mention?

Confusing sometimes.

No theories seem very plausible to me with the information we have. That road would be such an odd place for such an event to occur. But perhaps trying to apply logic to a perpetrators thoughts and actions isn't the right way of looking at it. Seems more likely that a perpetrator has some base or connection to Clapham rather than just passing through

I just can’t figure out a motive for this one at all!! Nothing makes sense!!

I really feel ill at some MSM naming suspect and showing pictures.
Nobody has been charged and surely this kind of reporting by MSM is irresponsible for ensuring a fair trial (if and when).
Freedom of the press and in the public interest. Has not been charged yet and that (if it happens) will be when the press go quiet.

How does that equate then with being named and photo shown in MSM, which we can link/mention?

Confusing sometimes.

I mean there is a lot of work going on at their house. It's not something LE could hide even if they wanted to and media have an obligation to report unless they've been restricted by a court.

I’m in a different country of the UK and that’s the case here, you can’t serve in the community you reside.

There are many reasons why it's not allowed:

Retaliation
Corruption
Problems with prosecutions if an offender is known to you

Armed officers get rotated about, I'm friends with an ex armed met officer - he's worked all over the UK in various capacities. They rotate into stuff like Royal Protection etc. They don't stay in static postings for very long.

Hard to follow the thread its moving so fast, havn't done a tap of work this morning and am probably about to be fired!

Has anyone thought about him actually arresting her as a seemingly undercover police officer, showing his badge, handcuffing her, taking her phone (and switching it off) and her thinking it was all legitimate until it was too late and they're leaving the city. Scary thought.

Good point and also feasible IMO. JMO

I'm also concerned that the PO names actually hasn't been 'officially named by LE' which is a requirement before discussion can happen. Perhaps everyone should refrain for the time being?

Thanks for pointing this out. Is it just the posts who name him or any posts relating to him at all even without a name?

Hard to follow the thread its moving so fast, havn't done a tap of work this morning and am probably about to be fired!

Has anyone thought about him actually arresting her as a seemingly undercover police officer, showing his badge, handcuffing her, taking her phone (and switching it off) and her thinking it was all legitimate until it was too late and they're leaving the city. Scary thought.

That was my first thought too. She doesn’t look the type to have been in trouble with the police so would have been confused and scared and likely to comply.

I do have a vague feeling that things aren’t as straightforward as they seem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn