Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially if he had got home late that night because of what he'd done. He couldn't spend all night covering up his crime as that would seem suspicious to his wife.
I wonder if he asked the wife for something from the house or help with moving something and that's why she was suspected of assisting him, she may not have known everything of course.

If they had suspected she had done that they would of held her the entire time and possibly charged her? Assisting someone with a crime like this has very very serious consequences. In other cases they often get the same sentencing / slightly less. She was bailed quite early on - which makes me think they dont have any evidence just maybe she said the wrong thing which perverted the course of justice.

"Perverting the course of justice is an offence committed when a person prevents justice from being served on him/herself or on another party. In England and Wales it is a common law offence, carrying a maximum sentence of life imprisonment."
If she is re-arrested then I would suspect more involvement (does she get re-arrested if thats the case or do they just bring them in?)

Without even wanting to ponder this deeply .. I’m confused as to how disposal in a builders bag would make her remains so difficult to identify. To me a builders bag almost acts to preserve the body, but this does not sound like the case here.

Horrific to consider but there are many ways a body (especially face and hands) could be damaged to try and interfere with ID.

Question for our former police officers - reports say WC only joined the force in 2018. Would it be usual for someone to have an armed position so soon? I always thought it was a couple of years on the beat and working ones way up.

@Angleterre
@Whitehall 1212

I’ve noticed a couple of our current serving officers have not been present on the thread at all, and while I’d love their input I understand it’s probably not a good idea to contribute too much. Thoughts with you guys right now.

But how are we to know if it is the area of expertise? Ot if they have links to the case unless we are told this.

I see VI mentioned a lot on here under the users name but it doesnt give an explanation as to what the area of expertise is or if it does it isnt very specific.

I appreciate and respect all that have VI status but to be honest I do find it frustrating that they can post a comment and it is then taken as gospel when in fact if it is not their area of expertise or they do not have a connection to the case and they cant provide a link then it is nothing more than speculation which then people assume is fact.

I also don't think VI should be allowed to post about something that is quite clearly been kept quiet on MSM for a specific reason. Just because they can post it does not mean they should. But that is of course my own personal opinion.

This isn't aimed at any of our valued VI but a general observation.
Usually it will say "attorney" or "clinical psychologist" or whatever their profession is. Most do provide links just to be helpful. And yes, I would hope a VI wouldn't say anything that might hinder the investigation, especially if they are family or friend to the victim. I haven't seen that happen before, though.

100000% agree with this but will say no more for obvious reasons.

I've been here for years and I think it's only this case that I've realised a professional is classed as a VI across the board. I thought a VI was always liked to that specific case. Would maybe be useful to have a different status for forensic and legal professionals, whose input is so interesting and useful in all cases, but that doesn't give false impression that they would have direct information about a specific case. If you know what I mean.....

Anyone else wondering if he’ll end up killing himself following the second head injury incident and him going to hospital for fresh head injuries. He clearly can’t face the shame now and wants out. JMO

Met Police officer Wayne Couzens arrives at court to face charges of murder and kidnap | Daily Mail Online

I think it’s likely he will attempt to self harm again, to do it twice, so close together under 24 hour watch seems like he his determined to do himself harm.

Without even wanting to ponder this deeply .. I’m confused as to how disposal in a builders bag would make her remains so difficult to identify. To me a builders bag almost acts to preserve the body, but this does not sound like the case here.

I think trauma most likely, there are no words to express the sadness I feel for this beautiful young woman, her family, friends and boyfriend- all of whom have been robbed.

moo

Would lye dissolve the plastic used in a builders bag?

Apparently, they are made from polypropylene which is resistant to many chemicals according to this Polypropylene (PP)

"
The properties of Polypropylene include...
  • Semi-rigid.
  • Translucent.
  • Good chemical resistance.
  • Tough.
  • Good fatigue resistance.
  • Integral hinge property.
  • Good heat resistance.''

Usually it will say "attorney" or "clinical psychologist" or whatever their profession is. Most do provide links just to be helpful. And yes, I would hope a VI wouldn't say anything that might hinder the investigation, especially if they are family or friend to the victim. I haven't seen that happen before, though.

Yes I have seen attorney but there are so many different types of law I personally wouldnt class say a tax attorney as a VI on a criminal case (just as an example).

No I dont mean hindering a case I just mean maybe mentioning something that may have been best mentioned by the police first seen as you never know if family members or friends maybe reading here.

Again all just MOO no offense intended

Pure speculation on my part, but in addition to pcb55’s suggestion of possible footage of SE trying to flee for help from a neighbouring house, I have similarly started to wonder if the perpetrator was not only briefly visible, but was perhaps caught on camera lurking in someone’s garden/drive/behind a wall or hedge, so he could jump out and have the element of surprise. May be a little cliche-horror-movie-esque to set a scene of ‘the evil man lurking in the shadows’, but sadly it is probably quite an effective way of incapacitating a victim quickly and bundling them away, with less chance of witnesses/a discussion ensuing than trying a stop based on COVID or any other flimsy excuse, especially if the car was in the same driveway or parked a few feet away round a corner.

We only tend to check footage if we notice the notifications and/or it’s an odd time/something has happened that causes us to go back through it/rare occasions police have asked us to check during door to door enquiries. Most people, like us, probably silence notifications because they can be a distraction (especially at work) so won’t necessarily pick the footage up live. Also to note - Ring cams sometimes have a little flip out when you try and load live from a notification and refuse to connect. The quickest thing is to close the app, reopen, try live view again, if it’s still slow loading then the previous clip may have had time to buffer so you can back and forward until that comes up in history to check the trigger event footage. This usually take 1-2 minutes. If it keeps hanging I usually give up and wait 5-10 minutes for it to self-resolve its sudden wonky WiFi connection and try again or (more usually) get on with what I was doing and forget all about it. In my experience, when it goes wonky on connection whoever was there has usually been and gone by the time the footage has buffered and is available to view/you have managed to connect live.

We’ve had loads of randoms in at all hours of the day and night doing all sorts - for that reason if I was watching footage back and saw someone come in and crouch down for a short time and dash off I would assume they were having a wee (or something more gross to clean up - it’s happened!), and wouldn’t look more closely/would close the clip. Even if I’d checked the footage fairly quickly unless it was super clear what was happening I probably wouldn’t have put 2+2 together until I saw the news and SE’s last known route/location. All JMO, of course.
I don’t think this footage will be released as may be crucial to the case. I dread to think what it may show but as with the Jill Meaghar case (referenced below for context) it is likely to provide vital evidence.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/new-cctv-footage-shows-jill-meaghers-final-steps-29125681.html

Question for our former police officers - reports say WC only joined the force in 2018. Would it be usual for someone to have an armed position so soon? I always thought it was a couple of years on the beat and working ones way up.

@Angleterre
@Whitehall 1212

I’ve noticed a couple of our current serving officers have not been present on the thread at all, and while I’d love their input I understand it’s probably not a good idea to contribute too much. Thoughts with you guys right now.

I think this is when he joined the met. It appears he had been a local bobby for about 8 years beforehand.

Hmm.

We know that something happened to her body. I think that was a deliberate attempt to prevent identification, destroy evidence, make Sarah easier to conceal. Rather than being out in the elements.

So it depends on what happened, but being left in the bag could indicate that whatever happened to her body happened before she was put in the bag. So possibly happened somewhere else. Then the bag was used to move her.

Because if fire was used, (no evidence of this) the bag would have melted.

Maybe he used his fathers deserted garage...

The builder bag IMO does hint that he took it from home. However, I don’t think it necessarily means he took SE home.

The following theory (just MOO) could see why so many sites are being explored:

1) Takes SE from Clapham, possibly alive but more than likely incapacitated in some way. I would imagine alive given a lack of evidence (at least known so far) of an attack other than kidnap around the Poynders Road area, but also because we suspect he may be sexually motivated given the accusations of IE elsewhere (I will not dwell further on this).

2) He takes her somewhere, possibly to the abandoned family garage site (easy to think of in the moment/panic of an escalating crime, though could just as easily be pre-premeditated or, worse, a serial offence). I won’t go into further details here.

3) Leaves her at the garage, most likely deceased if he’s leaving her, and returns home for disposal equipment (bag plus worse). Returning to the garage with these tools may even then be a day later on a similar commute home as another trip out so late at night would arouse suspicion from his family and neighbours perhaps. So two days running, he has “long commutes” that he could readily explain away as work spilling over, traffic, getting food en route, etc.

4) Dental record ID suggests to me that severe burning was used (possibly to rid of DNA as he’ll know he would be in the system). Anything else, even dissection, would presumably still allow DNA identification through tissue but not an expert on this.

5) Carried the remains in the bag to the woodland site and either tried to disguise it as flytipped waste or possibly attempted to bury it.

The use of builders tools, etc. may suggest the pond was part of the premeditation or may just have served as an opportunity, not sure.

Another option is he had the bag in the car/boot already and used that to incapacitate SE during the kidnap. He may have expected this to help with not needing to clean up the car (whether his own or a hire car) of SE’s DNA and hair strands, etc.

All just my opinion, still shocked and deeply saddened by this. RIP Sarah.

Hmm.

We know that something happened to her body. I think that was a deliberate attempt to prevent identification, destroy evidence, make Sarah easier to conceal. Rather than being out in the elements.

So it depends on what happened, but being left in the bag could indicate that whatever happened to her body happened before she was put in the bag. So possibly happened somewhere else. Then the bag was used to move her.

Because if fire was used, (no evidence of this) the bag would have melted.

I agree. I also think that the word body is being used rather than remains, but the latter is more accurate.
( and horrific ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member