Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for any English lawyers or LE

How does a criminal trial interact with a Coroner's Inquest in cases such as these? I feel I should know this, but realise I don't.

Would one be opened and immediately adjourned pending outcome of criminal proceedings? Or would it be left entirely until afterwards?

And what would happen if he succeeds in suicide before he is tried? Obviously no trial possible if that happens. So instead would the facts, as far as they had been ascertained, be presented to the Coroner who would then rule on how she came by her death as far as can be determined?

That Irvine Times article (link) contains a whole host of new information.

Saying he was stressed and emailing his boss saying he doesn't want to carry a fire arm any more?!

Googling SE and "Astra" and "Stress" shows many other MSM also reporting the same facts

They are all using exactly the same text. Looks like syndicated local press to me that has just been shared around their sites. Can you see anything in the nationals? I don't feel comfortable with it.

I am quite sure, knowing Otto, he was not posting or attempting to post as a verified anything in this particular thread. I doubt it even crossed his mind that it would be questioned.
I don't think so either but in a way he turned out to be correct. The abduction was caught on camera, it seems. Or at least seconds before. Only it was not the doorbell cam, it was the bus cam. I think.

And just before that the hire car was seen on a marked police car dash cam? That I don't think we knew about. Or at least not that it was a police car. Imo

Suddenly emailing work to say he didn’t want to carry a gun anymore — what’s the significance?

It certainly seems like another sign of his mental deterioration in the days after the crime. Or is there a possibility he had a gun off duty and used it that night?

Yes maybe mentally he had got to the point that knew he capable of doing something he would regret...and again might be another red flag that should have been picked up by his superiors. [Edit: I thought this was before the 3rd, strange thing to do afterwards if he had committed this crime, unless worried he would harm himself/family]

Last edited:
It was a hire car. If that was the car Couzens used, it means he planned it.
Speculation and JMO if he hired it in Dover then he may have driven either the Seat or Peugeot to Dover and collected the car there. EC might not know.anything about him hiring the car as she just saw him go out and come back in one of the family cars?
Motorbike in the back of what please?
Well not in the back of an Astra I wouldn't think. I used to have an Astra and struggled to get my push bike in there with the seats down, never mind a motorbike

Suddenly emailing work to say he didn’t want to carry a gun anymore — what’s the significance?

It certainly seems like another sign of his mental deterioration in the days after the crime. Or is there a possibility he had a gun off duty and used it that night?

I don't know the significance but in a previous thread knowledge posters assured us that a policeman can't take his service weapon home, it must be handed in at the end of each shift. Thank goodness!

*edited to keep comment general, in light of recent developments.
I live on a busy south-facing main road, and our front door is set back from the pavement by about 5-6m (down the side of the building). You have to do a lot of trial and error with the setup of Ring so that it is not constantly activating/going off, and even with 'the perfect setup' you still get false/irrelevant alerts caused by shadows, moths, cobwebs etc. Everyone else on the street (terraced) has their front door straight out onto the public pavement - we seem to be the only users of Ring (or anything similar). Our next door neighbour installed CCTV over his front door, but it was quickly turned off and hasn't been used in years. Alert-based CCTV, in my experience, would be a nightmare if it was setup to catch all movement on the pavement and/or road. You would have thousands of clips a day to plough through just to check a parcel had actually been delivered (etc.)! I believe there may also be GDPR implications for privately-owned cameras setup to record public roads and pavements. Your phone battery, as well as the camera device battery (if used - most Ring doorbells are) would be exhausted, fast. Same with the paid cloud storage (30 days seems to only be a guide, if you have a shedload of clips you don't usually get the full 30 day history).

On this basis, I believe pcb has a strong theory. IMO it is unlikely a Ring cam was setup to capture general traffic moving in the area, looking at the general layout of residential properties vs pavements in the area. It suggests that SE and/or her attacker strayed closer to a residential property (whether on Poynders or nearby) than the pavement or main road. Personally, I do not foresee this footage being made public, I would imagine it could be quite valuable evidence at trial. All MOO, obviously.

Thanks SouthPark for giving more info on your own experience of the doorbells. I personally don't have one, but these were my thoughts exactly: a ring doorbell facing directly onto Poynders would be ringing left, right and centre and would have to be significantly facing the pavement for it to have been activated if SE was walking solo uninterrupted. IMO they strayed much closer to a residential property.

hazard lights to me indicates a likelihood of her stopping to assist, maybe lending her phone. Not necessarily to get in the car. I think she stopped to help handed her phone over for him to call roadside assistance and he quickly attacked. Jmo
Yes, fair point, it could be that. I was just thinking with both doors open it was suggestive otherwise. Not of course that we can know until trial, so just MOO.

When he emailed to say he didn’t want to carry a gun anymore, did he do this knowing the net was closing in I wonder so he can ‘claim’ he was not in a fit state of mind.

Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told

I'm a little confused. So he clocks on 7pm March 2nd for a 12 hour shift. Meaning his shift finished 7am March 3rd. Sarah's disappears at approx 9.30pm March 3rd. So what was he even doing in the area? His shift finished 14.5 hours earlier, and he wasn't due in for another shift until March 8th?

Previously everything said he had finished a shift on the 3rd at Nine Elms at 8pm?

Speculation and JMO if he hired it in Dover then he may have driven either the Seat or Peugeot to Dover and collected the car there. EC might not know.anything about him hiring the car as she just saw him go out and come back in one of the family cars?

Well not in the back of an Astra I wouldn't think. I used to have an Astra and struggled to get my push bike in there with the seats down, never mind a motorbike

I agree, there’s no way the motorbike would fit in the back of an Astra

When he emailed to say he didn’t want to carry a gun anymore, did he do this knowing the net was closing in I wonder so he can ‘claim’ he was not in a fit state of mind.

I don't think he knew they were onto him but I do think it shows some kind of awareness that he was spiralling and couldn't rust himself

Would that mean he can't claim mental illness as a defence?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member