Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your SO think it is likely then that even if ID’d for the IE that the Met LE would have basically just slapped him on the wrist and let him carry on working? ie this shows they don’t take IE seriously. But that being let off maybe emboldened him to continue (and then to went wrong).
If he had been identified then this is going to be a mega culture war over the way police treated one of their own for something that escalated in such a devastating way.
I prefer to imagine it just wasn’t high priority (it was reported online so took a while to be processed - maybe they got that it was a was hire car but was then going to take longer to trace the driver etc etc). But that because he wasn’t contacted, and isn’t frontline investigator he THOUGHT the had gotten away with it. So felt v smart with himself. So carried on.

He said he couldn’t comment on another force, their culture or workloads / priorities but he was cross this morning with the newspaper headlines.

I've wondered the same.

What did WC do when he got off?
Did he go home or did he have a sleep at lodging nearby -- only to surface Weds evening near Clapham area which is said to be only 3 miles from his work post?

Reportedly, WC had a block of time off at this point, not expected to return to his London post until 8 March. Was this representative of his normal rotation? It's not unusual for Officers with similar schedules to lodge in town and go home during their extended R&R.

Did WC keep lodging nearby?

WC is a predator that was seemingly ready to strike. In his mind, 5 days off, the timing was right.

Why SE and not somebody else?
Had he been following SE on Weds, lying in wait for her?

I could go on and on... :eek:

Yes it takes getting your head round again doesn't it - when we were all working on him doing a 2pm to 8pm shift originally! Assuming he only worked the 12 hour shift and finished at 7am (as reported at court and they should know) - then yes he had the whole day.

Did he sleep somewhere in London then call his wife and say he had to do another shift (in order to stay hanging around in London?) Or did he go home to sleep, hire the car and go back? Latter seems unlikely as surely he couldn't drive two hours after no sleep - which would also be illegal IMO. So it does seem likely he just stayed in London after finishing at 7am - whether he slept or not. In which case he hired the car before he went to work on 2nd in preparation for his day in London on 3rd. It would help to know when the car was hired but presumably Police are investigating this. All speculation, JMO, MOO.

Seems to be one going from Ashford through Canterbury around to there - Great Stour

Is it possible something was put in the river near where her body was found and it would reach Sandwich

I've wondered the same.

What did WC do when he got off?
Did he go home or did he have a sleep at lodging nearby -- only to surface Weds evening near Clapham area which is said to be only 3 miles from his work post?

Reportedly, WC had a block of time off at this point, not expected to return to his London post until 8 March. Was this representative of his normal rotation? It's not unusual for Officers with similar schedules to lodge in town and go home during their extended R&R.

Did WC keep lodging nearby?

WC is a predator that was seemingly ready to strike. In his mind, 5 days off, the timing was right.

Why SE and not somebody else?
Had he been following SE on Weds, lying in wait for her?

I could go on and on... :eek:

Yes it takes getting your head round again doesn't it - when we were all working on him doing a 2pm to 8pm shift originally! Assuming he only worked the 12 hour shift and finished at 7am (as reported at court and they should know) - then yes he had the whole day.

Did he sleep somewhere in London then call his wife and say he had to do another shift (in order to stay hanging around in London?) Or did he go home to sleep, hire the car and go back? Latter seems unlikely as surely he couldn't drive two hours after no sleep - which would also be illegal IMO. So it does seem likely he just stayed in London after finishing at 7am - whether he slept or not. In which case he hired the car before he went to work on 2nd in preparation for his day in London on 3rd. It would help to know when the car was hired but presumably Police are investigating this. All speculation, JMO, MOO.

When he was first arrested it was reported he had worked a cover shift 2-8pm the day SE went missing. This is covered a lot in earlier threads when posters were speculating over the routes he would have taken from Battersea etc.

Since the magistrates, this detail has changed.
^^bbm

Yes - my post about 12- hour shift from the most recent information released. Not looking to perpetuate outdated or incorrect information. This is a fluid investigation--just as this discussion.

To confirm re the various garages

In Dover is BCB Garage which police have been searching for some days now. It is WC’s family’s former business, doing mechanical repairs etc. Closed in 2015
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi-pNDM1bDvAhU9QRUIHag2BwgQFjAAegQIARAD&url=https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/end-of-road-for-garage-39054/&usg=AOvVaw3LlJZcFAckSbJuV17XRWvS

Malcolm Waite has a number of garages in the area. In Sandwich he has a car dealership garage in the town centre - not a location of activity in this case. Next to the entrance to the cordoned off Rope Walk he has a petrol/service station - this one is the location mentioned in the media re this case, as a marker for the police tape (garage not being searched as far as we know)

St George's Road
Google Maps

Thank you. I may have missed something but what is the significance of the Waite garages please?

Ok. There has been some talk of him having an illegal firearm/shotgun and I never thought there plausible.

However it is perfectly legal in the UK to own a airsoft gun, normally these have to be brightly coloured so they stand out as a imitation firearm. There are a few exceptions, ‘Crown Servant’ which WC is, is one of them. Meaning he could own a very realistic, looking firearm legally, if I was faced with one I wouldn’t question it, especially on the streets of London, sadly.

So while I dismissed it originally, IMO it could actually be a very plausible senario one which would maybe prevent SE from struggling, causing a scene on the path. All MOO obviously.

Airsoft: UK Laws & Regulations - Land Warrior Airsoft

Why would she be in the boot?

we know both front doors of the car was open so that would mean she got in voluntary or she was forced.

His hazards were also on so that would indicate to me he didn’t sneak attack her. It seems like there was a exchange of some kind. IMO

If it is something in river maybe clothes ? Something that would alert the public to call police quickly? Maybe her coat

I keep being drawn back to the car hire situation. I appreciate it’s not really achieving anything to speculate where he hired from, I guess I’m just wondering why he hired a car.

Bear with me here!

Because he hired it in Dover part of me wonders if he’s able to sort of ‘borrow’ a car on a more informal basis from ex work contacts.

Now, I know Europcar / Hertz / Enterprise are a definite NO there. Too big. Too national. But this interests me ...

“During the 70s, BCB evolved again and expanded into vehicle body repairs from Kenning Car Hire Dover and then the Canterbury and Gillingham depots. It also became an MOT testing station until May 2015.” snipped from the KentOnline article about his dads garage closing down. (SOURCE: End of road as garage doors close for last time)

So I did some digging into ‘Kenning Car Hire’. It no longer exists, but the address came up (SOURCE: Screenshot from here https://dover.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/kenning-car---van-rental-18784121.html)

Then I took a look at GoogleMaps to see what’s in its place. And what do you know .. a new car hire place called CMW. SOURCE: screenshotted on google maps

I’m no expert on car makes and models, but would any of our vehicle experts care to take a look at the forecourt and confirm whether one of these cars fits the description of white Vauxhall Astra? Google Maps

I see what I think is a white Astra out the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro