Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he didn't expect quite the level of intensity that her disappearence was going to bring and he was having a bit of a breakdown from the stress?

I wondered this as well. He is in his late 40s. He will remember Yorkshire Ripper and other high profile cases. These were covered and shocking then and now but in the age of social media this case grew its own legs. There was even a missing case in Deal, her husband was only convicted in late 2019. Sorry l can't remember her name. This very likely took him by surprise. I think it has taken us all by surprise- it's not the first time this has happened but it feels so awful.

Yes, Quawans Charles, the 15 year old who was found dead last year had only been deceased for four days. His face was so badly disfigured that his parents compared his body to that of Emmitt Till. He was unrecognizable. Imo

well that's not the same. The poor kid was thought to have been drowned for a start and water does different things and certainly speeds up the process. Then there's his family who are certain he was attacked.

I’m thinking he may have used pepper spray to incapacitate Sarah initially, then handcuffed her.
The fact he hired a car indicates it was premeditated IMO. I don’t get why he would need to hire one when there are 2 cars at home along with a motorbike. JMO
x Exactly! Did he think he was invisible surely he would have known the car would be traced back to him by using his own or a hire car!! I don't think this is the 1st time he has done this either!

If he had a gun it would not need to be a police issue one

He was in the armed forces, his first police job involved working for an armed unit for nuclear industry, he seems to be someone who has a love for or fascination with guns, sees himself as Rambo

He would be able to get an illegal gun easily

I know; ex-military and with friends in police jobs related to firearms. I was explaining to another poster about weapons not being taken home at the end of a shift.

I like to imagine what this vigil would have been like if there had been no police or police vans present. I imagine it would have been peaceful, sombre, and beautiful.

The actual vigil was.

From about 5:50 to 6:20

It was only later (and after many more people arrived) that everything changed

No just that I don't believe we have any hire companies in Deal. At least not to my knowledge.

I’ve been trying, for a while, to do some looking into where the car was rented from. I don’t suppose it will answer anything, but I was curious. The rental companies that come up in Deal are for camper vans, a Delorean (back to the future!) and one car rental pin that doesn’t seem to link anywhere or have any reviews.

There are a number of companies in Dover. Hertz is shut at the moment (probably too quiet due to Covid) there are a couple of other main rental agencies and a few smaller looking ones with no website or reviews.

Europcar was around the corner from WC old garage (a couple of minutes drive) and they have Astra’s available for hire.

Enterprise is another option but their site was down and unable to show availability this morning so I couldn’t check what they had for hire.

This doesn’t really help with anything in anyway. Just my own thoughts and considerations as to why he’d bother renting etc. I can only think, as someone has suggested, it’s less incriminating to find other peoples DNA in a rental car than in your personal vehicle. Still seems illogical to me.

JMO.

Attachments

• 08DEC6A2-48B9-4526-B0F3-2BEC55E2F6D5.png
    08DEC6A2-48B9-4526-B0F3-2BEC55E2F6D5.png
    286.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 7E0E971C-F311-4094-ADB1-56E1B692EBE9.jpeg
    7E0E971C-F311-4094-ADB1-56E1B692EBE9.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 30A27803-4780-40B7-83B4-A52A8048F863.jpeg
    30A27803-4780-40B7-83B4-A52A8048F863.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 23
About the way someone can force someone in a car... many years ago I was a battered wife and my husband used to search for me when I ran away. He would pull up, open the passenger door, nip out leaving his door open run round grab my hair or my collar pull me to the car and just bash my face onto the car roof. Stunned and hurt, I was pushed into the car. Believe me, this all took a matter of seconds. Seconds. Both doors were always open every time. I suppose it saves opening car doors and saves valuable getting away time. No time to take breath to scream, because you need a lungful of air to do that.

IMO,

This is highly likely imo , due to WC , taking all the risk he did to do this , I think he just flipped and went into a manic attack.

Such a busy area and all on camera , he wasn't thinking about not getting caught , just the thrill of the moment and a cocky he's smarter than everyone else.

IMO.

I have a bad feeling that what is to follow over the coming weeks, is likely to be much much worse. So much searching going on, when they already have SEs remains, is telling for me.

Some new information I hadn’t read before about the night of WC arrest

"Then the lights went on in the house, they opened the door and I just heard them say 'Why are you trying to run. He's thrown something out of the window'.

Neighbour recalls 'shouts' as police 'ransacked' house during arrest

Thanks for sharing, great to have new reported details. As far as I can tell, this is anecdotal witness observations from afar, press reported, so I suppose we can only take them with a pinch of salt (eg compared with what on record from the hearing, for example).

I wonder what he might have thrown out the window? If his mobile phone, why..,.? Was the SD card mentioned in previous reports allegedly from his phone?

It will be terrible for the Met if he did. They're already dealing with the internal investigation of the IE incident and he's been hospitalised twice. Not a great look if he offs himself too.

Presumably now he has been charged and appeared in court, he is in the care of the courts and will be remanded to a prison, not back to a police cell.

We don't know where he's been taken, but if I were to have a bet I'd go for Belmarsh (London's highest security) where he will need to be in solitary for his own safety.

It's probably rumour that this sort of thing happens at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 'price' on his head amongst prison inmates already. But prison staff are good at preventing murders within prison, even the most notorious offenders on whole life tariffs die of illness rather than violently

Last edited:
Some new information I hadn’t read before about the night of WC arrest "Then the lights went on in the house, they opened the door and I just heard them say 'Why are you trying to run. He's thrown something out of the window'.

Neighbour recalls 'shouts' as police 'ransacked' house during arrest

Apparently it was a memory card he threw out of the window. And it was, of course, recovered by the police....I'm presuming it was a memory card from a phone, and whether it's his or SE's we will find out in due course.

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I was there, and I would say the mood had changed before the police moved in. A good 20 minutes before.

The vigil itself did not attract any police action, and was well attended by locals, many of whom were leaving by about 6:20. Others were still arriving even then, and the crowd size swelled considerably after the vigil. Roughly when the mood changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don’t have to be charged, if she had been charged they would have said so. You can be bailed pending further investigation.

ETA:
In England and Wales there are three types of bail that can be given:[44]

• Police bail. A suspect is released without being charged but must return to the police station at a stated time.
  • Police to court. After being charged, a suspect is given bail but must attend their first court hearing at the date and Court stated. Bail
Thank you so much I wasn’t aware of this. I understand now also that she could have been bailed whilst the CPS makes a decision too. Do you think it’s right to assume it means a charge is still being considered? I guess what I mean is, if they are confident there wasn’t enough or any evidence presume they would have just released her with no instructions?

Hi everyone.

I am a new member here - I have found it so interesting to have read so many intelligent and thoughtful posts over these many threads.
One thing I have thought about many times, that I haven’t personally seen addressed here, is what Sarah spent her day doing on the day she was taken. Was she at work? Did she have a day off? I wonder where she has spent the day leading up to that evening.

Whilst I don’t think that her and WC knew each other, I have wondered if perhaps they had met accidentally, bumped into each other somehow, earlier in the day.

I don’t doubt she was taken by force, as they have said in court - but I do wonder if this is how he got her to come near to his car in the first place.

If they had accidentally met earlier in the day, perhaps he had developed some sort of fixation, stalked her throughout the day and finally made his move that evening.
A very risky move on that street, by what was obviously a very desperate man.

Thank you so much I wasn’t aware of this. I understand now also that she could have been bailed whilst the CPS makes a decision too. Do you think it’s right to assume it means a charge is still being considered? I guess what I mean is, if they are confident there wasn’t enough or any evidence presume they would have just released her with no instructions?
I think it makes sense to release her under investigation as it is still very much an active investigation and maybe there will be further questions to put to her eventually (just guessing).

I hope she wasn't involved for the childrens sake.

Apparently it was a memory card he threw out of the window. And it was, of course, recovered by the police....

Hi Jen, do you have a source for that? I hadn’t read anywhere previously that he’d thrown anything out of the window. I know a micro SD card was said to have been located at the house. This is the first time I’ve heard about anything being thrown from the house.

IMO - I hate to think that this is the first of many potential crimes but the first time WC was caught. Though I appreciate many on here have said it is unlikely to be a first offence.

But in terms of the timeline of his actions after the 3rd - I did see someone’s post earlier about the stress on the 5th coinciding with news of SE disappearance on MSM and a big social media push.

That is interesting to me and not something I’d thought of before. We all know that there are a lot of factors as to why some cases get more attention than others, and it’s quite possible he didn’t know that much about his victim. When it started gaining traction in the news and SM, perhaps he realised this was a case that was going to draw a lot more attention than potential previous ones ...

all JMO

Hi Jen, do you have a source for that? I hadn’t read anywhere previously that he’d thrown anything out of the window. I know a micro SD card was said to have been located at the house. This is the first time I’ve heard about anything being thrown from the house.
I did read it in an article last night, will try and find it again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne