Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally caught up!
Just a thought in regards to the arrest of EC, would it be possible that she in fact had contacted the police herself? Perhaps the accused has been acting strangely, saying things, commenting on the case etc, and coupled with something like ‘can you say I was at home if anyone asks, can you wash these muddy clothes’ or similar, this has raised alarm bells to her? I assume if she had done any of these things she would still have to be arrested and questioned for assisting an offender? JMO and speculation.

I think in this case she'd have been treated as a witness until they had evidence she was involved in some way . No need to arrest her while she is assisting- But I could be wrong.

They just have some wider angle just than looking at the road, otherwise how would you pick up somebody walking along the pavement? Also as a previous poster has pointed out, bus cams point all over and often do point to the side

Thanks for the explanation. I didn’t realise car cameras would pick up the pavement movement.

On buses I guess that makes more sense because of passengers getting off and on. I have learned something new so thank you :)

I’ve been thinking about vehicles with hazards on today as there was one on my road as I did the school run. During the day it’s not uncommon to see them slung on or half on the pavement making parcel deliveries for the various delivery companies, of an evening I would (maybe naively) assume they were delivering a take away, especially given that all the restaurants are shut, I would probably cast a glance at it but no more than that, so would trigger feelings of being unsafe.

Again obviously just my opinion, please delete if not allowed.

JMO, but as EC was charged at the same time as WC, and it appears that the thing that led them to the accused was the hire car; to me it seems likely that the accused booked it in her name. Lots of places allow someone else who can prove they live at the same address to pick something up. Once CCTV from the bus has been seen and it was clear it was just the accused allegedly, perhaps they were dropped?

Again, just a theory. But thinking about timings etc seems it could have been the case.

EC was arrested but not charged, she has been bailed to appear in April. EC works in Dover, so the hire car could have been arranged/collected/booked/used by her previously.

I agree with earlier poster ..I think its possible the accused didn't park in the road..there seem a few areas to park around the front and side of flats where car would be visible from bus cctv

yip, I was just looking at the pavement at Poynders road, if the accused drove in and around Poynders court and positioned the car facing the road, as if about to join traffic from Poynders court, he could have pulled the car forward slightly to block her path, I think if I came across a car blocking the pavement there I would go round the back of the car to get past and not step onto the road? Both doors open and she is behind the car gives the perfect cover... IMO..

It doesn't - it says that two people were seen on Poynders Road. And then it says a car was captured twice on buscams (once with hazards on and once with doors open)

"At around 9.35pm, a bus camera captured two figures on Poynders Road and a white Vauxhall Astra with its hazard lights flashing.

"Another bus camera captured the same car with both front doors open"

Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told

So two figures on the Poynders road and then the car so one can assume that the car was on Poynders road where the two people were.

Why would it mean anything different?

I am local to the Clapham / Brixton area and have been doing a lot of thinking about how SE could have ended up in the car. I have walked, driven and cycled up that road numerous times so something that was troubling me was the accused’s ability to stop in a single lane of traffic with both car doors open for an extended period of time. There is enough regular traffic even at night to draw a lot of attention to something like that, especially with hazards on. I was having another look at where the forensics team were focused and the surroundings of Poynders Court. There is a small road that forms a U around the back of Poynders Court with an entry and exit that then comes back onto the main road (the curb is dipped here to make it easier to re-enter). Is it possible the accused went round the back and then actually stopped on the pavement itself (at a 90 degree angle to the direction of the road)? This wouldn’t disrupt traffic and having two front doors open would block the view from the road. He could have either seen SE as he was driving along and went ahead or used this spot as a vantage / watching point as he could have stayed quite far back off the pavement and moved forward easily if needed. The railing and area of curb there was a lot of forensic attention on would also be on the passenger side of the car so would make sense if there was a scuffle on that side. I’m not sure yet how much of the kidnapping included force or coercion but IMO the positioning of the car like this would make sense. JMO

Police cordon off flats in search for missing woman Sarah Everard

We discussed a while back that on google maps you can 'drive' around that building with the little yellow man. Good theory that it might have been parked there and not quite on the road.

If no one has answered before tomorrow and I know its trivial but I'm going to be near where CMW rentals is/was so I will look and see what it is now and if its still a rental what cars are there while I'm in the area.

Oh this would be great Lottie! Thanks heaps. It was me that posted the theory initially but I’m inclined to think it isn’t there anymore and that a car wash replaces it. It would be great to hear if that’s the case. I can eliminate it from my over active brain!!!

It doesn't - it says that two people were seen on Poynders Road. And then it says a car was captured twice on buscams (once with hazards on and once with doors open)

"At around 9.35pm, a bus camera captured two figures on Poynders Road and a white Vauxhall Astra with its hazard lights flashing.

"Another bus camera captured the same car with both front doors open"

Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told

Also bus cams can be placed in various positions round a bus, and no information is available on what layout the buses in question had. Link from earlier in the thread

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BUS CCTV

Perhaps I am giving him too much credit but if he'd parked away from the main road, why would he put his hazards on and attract attention to the car? Putting hazards on would be a natural thing to do if stopping on the actual road.

A bit closer, I can only apologise, I've got my phone on lowest settings to try and get uploaded hope this is clearer xView attachment 288858

Just seems odd/off to me as I had literally never even clocked what a builder's bag was until I googled it after she was found. I live in an apartment in a city so maybe I'm just not very observant!

Edit: So seems odd to me that's what she was found in and he coincidentally has access to them when doesn't work in the building trade

Personally I found that tweet from the court reporter a little odd. Of course whatever happened to her was scary - she was abducted from a street on her way home and later turned up dead in a builder's bag.

JMO, but I don't feel like there's anything in that "scary" that adds any extra colour to what I could already imagine happened to this poor woman.

Maybe it was 'scary' as in how brazen the attack was and how easy it was to do ? JMO

A bit closer, I can only apologise, I've got my phone on lowest settings to try and get uploaded hope this is clearer xView attachment 288858

Looks like scorch, tar or paint marks on the panel to me.

I think what’s most eerie about these photos is that once the police van has gone it will look like any other quiet, family home on a residential street.

I’m presuming it will be much quieter there going forward. Although at some stage I’m thinking family or friends will need to call by to pick up clothing / belongings for the kids. They must have left with very little on the night.

Thanks LL for all these updates.

Strangely, the term hidden in plain sight springs to mind.
With there being multiple search sites and obviously wanting to be super thorough, if I were LE I would want to know if anything had been buried in the contents of this bag?

Some kind of staged urgent police operation would make much more sense to me. A plain clothes "officer" in an unmarked car doing spot checks about current covid restrictions just doesn't seem plausible to me. I would always assume (perhaps incorrectly) that an alledged police officer in plain clothes and an unmarked car would be higher ranking than regular patrol officers in uniform, driving marked police cars and therefore their remit on the street would be slightly different and more likely to be in relation to serious crime. Just my own opinion and I could be completely wrong in that assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz