UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew finally caught up, wow this thread moves fast !
One thing puzzling me , does anyone know the reasons why the press would have an embargo with the info about the body ? It seems it was mentioned in one paper then quickly deleted and not mentioned in any others for quite a while?

Possibly in order to protect the evidence prior to a potential trial.

An eye witness neighbour said that a car was removed from the house late on Tuesday evening after the pair had been arrested. I queried on thread #5 whether that meant there were three cars at the property. But now it seems that first car removed will have been the hire car.

So he may have kept the hire car? Wonder if it was brought to be cleaned? Are there car washes in the area? Hopefully with CCTV

I find the wording of the police statement quite disturbing

Found "what appears to be human remains"

And

" may take some time to identify"

She has not been missing that long in the scheme of things.

Usually they would state something like..a female body has been found and the family have been informed
Yes, I wonder wether he has used lye or something.

I find the wording of the police statement quite disturbing

Found "what appears to be human remains"

And

" may take some time to identify"

She has not been missing that long in the scheme of things.

Usually they would state something like..a female body has been found and the family have been informed

So it’s a very determined & extensive attempt to destroy her body and they are using the most sensitive language possible.

I think the Met have done such a good job on this n difficult circumstances.

<modsnip: The remains have not yet been positively identified>

I can’t help reflecting that twenty years ago he might have got away with this. There are tonnes of old Mispers and J Does. Tech has helped the justice system so much.

<edit to apologise to mods for accidental infringement>

Last edited:
b

An ambulance outside their house a few nights before? Hardly makes sense that this would be directly related...

I thought it was maybe relevant to early posts wondering if the wife was a victim of coercive control (or more?). Why would an ambulance be outside their house a few days after Sarah disappeared and a few days before he was arrested? Although this was only reported as being from a neighbour, by the Sun.

Was that the private ambulance or a regular one? I wonder what it was doing there

Somebody inferred up thread that it may have been responding to a domestic disturbance between him and his wife which may relate to him perhaps coercing her into covering for him. This is all pure speculation, I don’t know how deeply his wife is involved.

I think a lot of what’s in the media will jeopardise a fair trial but I also think she was angry and worried and probably felt betrayed that one of her own would do this. I’m sure she’s also concerned that the Met might never recover from this. There’s already a tense relationship between them and the communities in London and no one has ever forgotten Stephen Lawrence and the effect he had on London policing. I think this may have a lasting damaging effect on their reputation which may end up being Cressida Dick’s legacy.

I don't think this will have any lasting damage on the Met. I think most intelligent people are aware of all their good work too.

I thought it was maybe relevant to early posts wondering if the wife was a victim of coercive control (or more?). Why would an ambulance be outside their house a few days after Sarah disappeared and a few days before he was arrested?

Yes possibly. Or if she had agreed to protect him/help - and had a panic attack or related episode of breathlessness/asthma or something exacerbated by the stress of the situation as the case was getting more publicity and search was getting bigger.

Yes that’s what I was saying yesterday. Something more minor that escalated. It’s not a place you would choose for a premeditated kidnap.

Yeayerday I was speculating either sexual assault or RTA, then an escalation, but I read somewhere today that “indecent exposure” was on the list of charges, so that’s a steer but I’m wondering wondering where that fits? Part of the incident in which he abducted Sarah? Or another incident?

Either way it points to an MO I think?
It’s my understanding that things like indecent exposure are part of a sexually predatory pattern, that can escalate to other offences such as assault and murder. I believe the man who was convicted of murdering Libby Squires showed this pattern although various reports by women weren’t followed up or linked in time.

I want to know how Sarah could have gotten into this car, when the family have said (and any reasonably intelligent person would guess) that she would NEVER get into a stranger's car without knowing them. I just don't buy the "i'm a cop get in or i'll arrest you" - perhaps it was a genuine offer of a lift, but even that sounds dodge. How did she interact with him? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

That's what's been very puzzling!! he had no grounds what so ever to arrest her? and if she wanted a lift she then might has well waited for a bus but I do believe her intension was to walk home like she probably would have done many times before and how does no residents not hear or see anything it's 9.30pm in the evening he probably might have lured her into the car under false pretences

how did he think would get away it? because he has slipped up somewhere for the police to be on his trail in less then a week after her disappearance

Last edited:
I'm a newbie, but I'm reassured by this committed and correct modding, thank you.

Poor Sarah, and her poor family. My heart goes out to them. My thoughts have turned a little to WC's reputation within the Met and his relationships with colleagues. I wonder whether any internal stuff that might have been a glimpse of a red flag will be unearthed. I'm basing this train of thought a little on how LE reacted and carried out the investigation to this conclusion. Was it conducted in a certain way because of his position and his knowledge, or because there was a crystalizing of something - perhaps innocuous, maybe not - that had gone before.

I have no clue, obviously, but WC apparently had potential or capacity for extreme violence and violent behaviour, and he's working at the heart of LE, with all of its resources and expertise. I'm not suggesting for one moment that police should somehow be able to spot a potential offender on sight, but years of working with someone, when you're trained and experienced in various fields of LE, makes me wonder about what internal stuff might emerge.

Where are you getting "potential or capacity for extreme violence and violent behaviour " from? Just curious.

I'm trying to catch up but a lot of links are paywalled for me
can anyone tell me was his car seen on CCTV and was it the same 'dark coloured' car a poster here pointed out on video?
and has the woman arrested been identified as his wife and has her picture/details been published?
TIA if anyone can help me out

The woman arrested has been named as suspect's wife. Her photo and details have been published.

The car was seen on CCTV from a bus I believe but I'm not sure what colour, make or model it was - I've probably missed that in the thread somewhere

A suicide attempt?

Or a panic attack or a fight or a pretext to get assistance if the assisting of the offender wasn’t all that voluntary? Seems to me there are lots of possibilities.

Maxine Carr keeps popping into my head.

I hope the secondary suspect here gets a fair assessment of their involvement, any possible coercion etc and doesn’t become the focus of tabloid hysteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54