UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is any one else thinking that with the new info on WC being under surveillance this has taken a very Line of Duty turn and when Cressida Dick made her statement yesterday she knew that something very bad is going to come out. I'm not in London so not terribly familar with her but I did think he demeanour was a little odd

JMO
Me and I don’t think this is sexually motivated either, I thought this before Cressida Dicks announcement- but her wording and body language supported my belief. Could be wrong and I’m sure it will become clearer over the next few days and weeks

From the Mail:

It was reported that neighbours noticed a Land Rover parked close to policeman Wayne Couzens' house in the historic town of Deal, and thought it was being watched by two men inside at around 5pm on Tuesday evening.

Wasn't it you @LeopardLeotard who posted that on here about the car on Tues? The press seem to be watching here I am sure!
Very interesting

It seems likely to be self injury. With the amount of media scrutiny on this case, I don't think they would risk giving him what for in his cell.

For him to do it this early on into his arrest, with her body not even being confirmed - he must be feeling the heat/guilt.

Me and I don’t think this is sexually motivated either, I thought this before Cressida Dicks announcement- but her wording and body language supported my belief. Could be wrong and I’m sure it will become clearer over the next few days and weeks
why wouldnt it be sexual when hes been arrested on a indecent exposure charge?

What is your view Ruth, would pretty interested to hear, from the start something didn't sit right for me.

I think you could be right . People are assuming it is because of the IE arrest but that could be something completely different to this case.

Last edited:
MSM in the DM now suggesting that WC may have been followed by undercover armed officers for some time in the run up to his arrest. Also suggesting that he may have been allowed to continue working to avoid spooking him.

As per my post in the previous thread I believe that the Met have played a blinder here. They’ve clearly had him as a POI for a significant time but have waited to give them the best chance of recovering SE alive or deceased and also to ensure that they can pursue proper charges relating to Murder etc.

This explains why in one of the MSM articles I read yesterday they were reporting themselves to the IOPC - must be wanting to ensure they did everything correctly in relation to allowing him to remain on duty armed.
Sarah Everard: Met officer questioned after remains found

And Met Pc Wayne Couzens was today found collapsed in his cell after suffering serious head wounds.

The 48-year-old was taken to hospital with a police guard mounted at the hospital following the shocking incident at Wandsworth police station, South West London.

A source told The Sun: “He was found unconscious in his cell with head injuries.

“The custody officers rushed in and gave him immediate first aid and he was taken to hospital.

“It caused a hell of a panic and serious questions are being asked over how it happened."

Not too sure who the Sun's 'source' is, but I'm inclined to wait for what I perceive a more credible confirmation.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14305581/murder-suspect-cop-wayne-couzens-hospital/

I

It seems likely to be self injury. With the amount of media scrutiny on this case, I don't think they would risk giving him what for in his cell.

For him to do it this early on into his arrest, with her body not even being confirmed - he must be feeling the heat/guilt.

At this stage only he knows the true extent of his alleged crimes. Being investigated for two separate offences could just be the tip of the iceberg....MOO

That's interesting but also worrying, what if she could have been saved if they'd questioned him earlier?

i think if they suspected him but decided not to move in, they probably had good reason to believe she was already dead.
Because of the legal differences in English law between pre-charge and post-charge questioning.

Some background here, icw changes in respect of terrorism offences

Law and Lawyers: Interview after charge – the thin end of the wedge?

(I hope this blog is respectable enough, if it isn't, let me know and I'll look for a difference source)

It is reputable I would say - ObiterJ is a well known legal blogger on Twitter, followed by many lawyers I know and respect.

Hello Everyone,

I've just joined and this is my first post. But I found you guys when Libby Squire went missing and later I followed the whole trial as a lurker here, crying with you all when Relowicz was found guilty.

I have read (almost) every comment since Sarah went missing and have to say that there's some fantastic sleuthing being done by Websleuthers....and I do feel for the admin over the repeated rule breaks too.

I've had some recent thoughts that I'd like to share....
- My heart breaks for Sarah's family and friends. They don't even have confirmation that the remains are hers at this stage. I've read some victim blaming and that must be incredibly hurtful to the family. The victim is not in the wrong, they're not in the wrong place. It is the attacker that is wrong and in the wrong place.
- I don't know how Sarah got into the car, I've read all the theories, but I'm almost certain that she DID get into the car somehow, either willingly or not, but we may never know how it happened so it could be wasted energy to guess. But I can state that many people on here have said they could be encouraged into that car willingly by manipulation. I think I could be. Therefore Sarah COULD have got in willingly, we just don't know either way.
- People have stated that WC behaviour isn't especially clever or slick for someone who should have more knowledge from his job. It has occurred to me that maybe he has done this before and over time gets more brazen, more confident that he will get away with things, and that leads to making mistakes. Maybe the hire car thing (suggestions of false plates etc) has been a way of getting away with his crimes in the past, so he had confidence in it. I believe that Pawel Relowicz (who murdered Libby) thought he could get away with murder because he made mistakes due to his own belief that he was above the law.
- From what I have read I have concluded (rightly or wrongly) that WC appears to be friendly, sociable, a regular 'guy nextdoor' in comments made by his neighbours (chatty couple, talk to neighbours, the person people go to with motorbike troubles etc). He is reported to have been considering leaving his current role (according to the press), but he can hold down a job for a considerable time (at family garage, presumably dealing with people). These personality traits neither confirm nor contradict him having a mental illness or personality disorder etc. It's important to remember that psychopaths can have families, friends, be well respected in their communities etc. There are many domestic abusers that appear as good guys. I know a lady who suffered horrific abuse at the hands of a police officer.
- I am very much holding judgement on WCs wife. It is easy to judge what we would have done, but we don't yet have the context, such as the dynamic of the relationship, or even what she has specifically arrested for. Noone has claimed at this stage she is directly involved in the murder itself or even knew there was an (assumed) murder.
- Cressida Dick's statement yesterday said things were moving quickly. I believe they had appealed for CCTV, camera footage etc, so possibly they didn't get to view the bus footage until the day before yesterday, when they swooped on WC.

JMO IMO.....my guess is as good as yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1