UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? How did you come to that conclusion, does this happen often?

It happens. Excitement of the hunt, thrill of the kill, adrenaline of the chase and then the crash. Just like a junky...
Add to that, if he's on suicide watch he will not be placed in a cell with others.
Floors in those police stations can be slippery...too.

Last edited:
Where do they say that?

Excerpt from The Sun, quoting the police statement:

"The incident occurred while Couzens was spending a second night in custody at the police station. It is understood he was alone at the time he suffered the head injuries.

"There is no suggestion that anyone else was involved"

You now need to put a link or the Mods will close the thread again

Interesting that they are saying his head injury was sustained during his arrest & not whilst in the cell.

suggests his arrest wasn't a quite affair but he had to be physically controlled.

won't be surprised if he tries to use it at trial as a example of "unfair treatment he has received by a police force rushing to quell any suggestion of incompetence at the expense of due diligence"
bring all the tranquilizer darts.

I am in no way trying to be facetious or draw focus away from Sarah’s case, but why is it that some of these cases haven’t made MSM in any meaningful way? I have never heard of any of these women and I thought I kept my ear quite close to the ground for this sort of case. The same with Leah Croucher - why has her case not received as much media attention?

I’m not trying to detract from the huge focus that Sarah’s case has gotten because I think that’s ultimately a good thing and she deserves for us all to be aware of her story. But what is it about some cases that are more “newsworthy” than others? Is it that the police have concluded these women left of their own accord? If not, then what?

I can only think of two things. Busy London street cameras everywhere on vehicles or in street so liklihood of going missing means something nefarious happened or possibly had she been flashed at in the park, had told the boyfriend this on a phone call for 15 mins then when they both thought she was in the clear on a busy street she said she was fine now and both ended the call. I'm going with the latter. Meaning Police knowing her phone died at that spot-ish meant they realised with possible report from boyfriend that something nefarious happened.

It doesn't make it right now and yes Leah needs more attention to be found.

I wasn't suggesting that they roughed him up but surely they have him under constant CCTV watch not 15 minute cell checks which is what the article say they should have been doing. He shouldn't been left so long that he was unconsious IMO

JMO

Anyone can smash their own head and become unconscious in seconds, even between those 15 minute checks.
JMO

Why do we think he hasn't been charged yet? It has been an extremely long time IMO.
Is it just because they need a positive ID on the remains? Or is it because they're discovering more in Kent :(. That said, couldn't they charge him initially with SE's murder and then with multiple murders?

Yes, they can potentially add further charges as they go along.

Can anyone remember the night WC was arrested (I think that night) there was some drama somewhere in Vauxhall? A street was shut down or something. That's near the US Embassy.

If anyone has the specifics on this please post :)

Not sure if it’s what you’re referring to but there was a street cordon in Oval due to a stabbing

It happens. Excitement of the hunt, thrill of the kill, adrenaline of the chase and then the crash. Just like a junky...
Floors in those police stations can be slippery...too.

OK, so if I'm understanding you correctly your final line is suggesting that it wasn't self inflicted - is that correct?

I'm not sure about this site. The grammar doesn't seem right, like it's been translated badly. "She disappeared into skinny air" not thin air!.. I'm so using the phrase skinny air from now on though haha

Agree about the site -- seems like generic machine translation.

I shall use the term, "healthy weight air" from here on.

This case is moving at astonishing speed but it's likely to be a while before we have a detailed birds-eye view of the events and suspects, amid much filling space from the newsies. Must be absolutely harrowing for the family and loved ones to experience in real time. Just awful.

From https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14305581/murder-suspect-cop-wayne-couzens-hospital

"It is understood he was alone at the time he suffered the head injuries.

There is no suggestion that anyone else was involved."
IMO it’s feasible he could harm himself or someone else could. I imagine the police would have very strong feelings about this guy.
JMO but I’m finding a lot of the press coverage on this as a whole, really unpleasant and unnecessary. I do feel there should be stricter rules around reporting incidents such as these.

Can anyone remember the night WC was arrested (I think that night) there was some drama somewhere in Vauxhall? A street was shut down or something. That's near the US Embassy.

If anyone has the specifics on this please post :)

It was in Fentiman Road. I saw it mentioned on Twitter along with a photograph, but I didn't see any explanation of what it was about.

Absolutely, good sleuthing! Thats a lot of women .

my point was I wonder if Sarah wellgreens partner used the location being searched currently . Locals : is this area well known or frequently used by walkers or would you say its quite off the beaten track so to speak.

New Ash Green where SW lived and Great Chart are 35 miles apart. Great Chart location being searched would not be used by walkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1