UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, been following this from the beginning (I think I’ve read EVERY single thread!) You are all fantastic! So I finally got the guts to join you!
I was wondering if I was the only 1 who thinks with WC having to protect vip’s and SE new job/role possibly organising lunches for Vip’s ( Podge) that their paths may have crossed? Wld a PO be able to take on a bodyguard type role for a Vip attending something like that? I hope I’ve worded that ok?! I didn’t want to rant in case I’m the only person that’s even thought of it?? Sometimes!

Thinking about the few days observation before arrest when he was allowed to keep working and armed. What concerns me is - ok so during that time they may have observed him going to the woods or other places (as suggested earlier) and gleaned info from that. But also, it may have given him time and opportunity to clean up various things and remove evidence (house and car eg). JMO

Assume that it was all a bit carefully balanced so as to get what they needed to arrest him. And maybe they assumed he'd already have cleaned up straight away.

It just seems strange that the moment he was suspected, they didn't swoop in and try and seize evidence.

I think when there is the chance she was still alive they needed to take the risk in the hope he would lead them to her. It’s possible they had information or were highly suspicious that upon arrest he would clam up and give no information which could have meant a delay in finding her alive.

On the case of the indecent exposure, this is what I want to know. It seems to me that there are three separate scenarios which could have caused the referral. Depending on the scenario it may be extremely serious, or perhaps less so.

Possibilities, in my own opinion:

1. The fast food workers’ report of the indecent exposure was clearly linked to WC, and fellow officers covered it up or chose not to respond in a timely manner. This would be an extremely serious breach by Met officers.

2. The report identified the perpetrator as likely a police officer, but not as WC. Perhaps the officer was still wearing their combat boots, black pants, and polo shirt with epaulets. If this is the case, it is also a serious situation.

3. The report did not initially suggest that the perpetrator was WC or any police officer. In this case, it may be that WC was only linked to this crime later, after SE had gone missing. In this case, it is a sad and frustrating but not uncommon situation in which certain kinds of sexually-based offenses are not prioritized for investigation by the police. If this is true, the assigned officers may not have done anything wrong technically but still their lack of prioritization allowed WC to be free to attack Sarah.

My own suspicion is that this was a type 3 incident.

Could also just be there wasn't enough evidence regardless of prioritisation and it's only with details from the SE case they've made the link e.g. phone records showing him in the location of the assault.

Thinking about the few days observation before arrest when he was allowed to keep working and armed. What concerns me is - ok so during that time they may have observed him going to the woods or other places (as suggested earlier) and gleaned info from that. But also, it may have given him time and opportunity to clean up various things and remove evidence (house and car eg). JMO

Assume that it was all a bit carefully balanced so as to get what they needed to arrest him. And maybe they assumed he'd already have cleaned up straight away.

It just seems strange that the moment he was suspected, they didn't swoop in and try and seize evidence.

If it is true that he was kept under observation for a few days, I assume it was because the preservation of life is sacrosanct.

Is access into the stairwell of that building secure do we know?
I imagine there will be a secure door entry system for the flats. So, the stairwell should be available to residents only, apart from refuse collectors, approved workmen/women, emergency services, etc. Don't know if that helps?

Thanks. Did some searching to find reports of the cars and Kent Online reports Police removed two cars from the house (and shows a photo of one). The one in the photo is a smaller one.

"A black Seat Exeo and a smaller car have been lifted off the driveway".

This Kent Online timeline has a lot of info - all in one place. And quite a lot of photos - particularly various ones of WC (and yes it does look like he's on steroids or some kind of body building - recently from these). IMO

It also mentions Police searching a large leisure complex.

This article/timeline is worth a read if anyone wants to catch up on what/where/when

Human remains found as PC arrested held on suspicion of murder

Just editing this. There are photos of both cars being removed.

I still can’t understand what WC was thinking when he committed this horrific act. He must have known this would attract huge media interest- (did he want to be caught?). Did he only plan on committing a sexual assault (for eg) and ended up having to do the unthinkable because of something that happened during the assault?

I also find it strange how similar SE looks to EC, was this a sick way of taking something out on EC? Or could he have assumed SE was also frkm Eastern Europe and thought that it was less likely to gain much attention.
All speculation, but interested to hear your thoughts- I can’t get poor Sarah and the case off my mind

Very sick predators such as killers and pedophiles are not doing what they are doing out of rational choice. They are simply very ill people. Just as Jimmy Savile, for example, did all those terrible things while knowing that, if discovered, his reputation would be ruined. Ditto doctors such as Shipman, politicians who have committed crimes...

If it is true that he was kept under observation for a few days, I assume it was because the preservation of life is sacrosanct.

Arresting him doesn't necessarily preserve life if they don't know where she is. Once they knew about the golf course however they did then no real gain in observing longer.

He was arrested very shortly after getting home from his shift on Tuesday. So he may not have had time to think re undercover officers in the Land Rover etc

There is probably an element paranoia convinced him he was regardless

I have completely lost track of time - when was Sarah found? I am thinking if he were arrested soon after he got home from work, LE were hoping he would lead them to her but it became too big a risk when he didn’t.

Hey all, been following this from the beginning (I think I’ve read EVERY single thread!) You are all fantastic! So I finally got the guts to join you!
I was wondering if I was the only 1 who thinks with WC having to protect vip’s and SE new job/role possibly organising lunches for Vip’s ( Podge) that their paths may have crossed? Wld a PO be able to take on a bodyguard type role for a Vip attending something like that? I hope I’ve worded that ok?! I didn’t want to rant in case I’m the only person that’s even thought of it?? Sometimes!
You're warmly welcome.
You posted great.
It is possible but in everything I read it stated they had not met in the past.
That could well change.
I'm glad you posted.

Arresting him doesn't necessarily preserve life if they don't know where she is. Once they knew about the golf course however they did then no real gain in observing longer.

What I am saying is that they didn’t arrest him because they hoped to ascertain if she was being held. Once arresting him, they lose the chance for him to potentially lead them to her, etc.

So perhaps they decided that the chance of finding her alive was worth the risk of observing him until such a time that they reached a point where the outcome for Sarah became a foregone conclusion.

The opportunity to find someone alive is presumably a massive priority for LE in these situations?

On the case of the indecent exposure, this is what I want to know. It seems to me that there are three separate scenarios which could have caused the referral. Depending on the scenario it may be extremely serious, or perhaps less so.

Possibilities, in my own opinion:

1. The fast food workers’ report of the indecent exposure was clearly linked to WC, and fellow officers covered it up or chose not to respond in a timely manner. This would be an extremely serious breach by Met officers.

2. The report identified the perpetrator as likely a police officer, but not as WC. Perhaps the officer was still wearing their combat boots, black pants, and polo shirt with epaulets. If this is the case, it is also a serious situation.

3. The report did not initially suggest that the perpetrator was WC or any police officer. In this case, it may be that WC was only linked to this crime later, after SE had gone missing. In this case, it is a sad and frustrating but not uncommon situation in which certain kinds of sexually-based offenses are not prioritized for investigation by the police. If this is true, the assigned officers may not have done anything wrong technically but still their lack of prioritization allowed WC to be free to attack Sarah.

My own suspicion is that this was a type 3 incident.

No way would he have committed this crime in his police uniform. Far too risky for him. JMO

I have completely lost track of time - when was Sarah found? I am thinking if he were arrested soon after he got home from work, LE were hoping he would lead them to her but it became too big a risk when he didn’t.
I have a feeling but could be wrong, because of the order in which news reports are disseminated that the search was going on in sync.
Somebody else will have more accurate information.
I'd been thinking they must have found evidence on his computing devices, phone etc, possibly photographic that led them to the search site.
But I'm not sure of the sequence.

I have a feeling but could be wrong, because of the order in which news reports are disseminated that the search was going on in sync.
Somebody else will have more accurate information.
I'd been thinking they must have found evidence on his computing devices, phone etc, possibly photographic that led them to the search site.
But I'm not sure of the sequence.

sat nav on his car might have had his history stored

Could he have been suspended but if they didn't have enough evidence allowed to return?

Suspension should always be a last case resort in any UK employment case and because of this it's very unlikely that he'd be suspended then be allowed to return. Also in the police dealing with things like this (suspension/disciplinary/potential criminal charges) even for minor cases tend to take way longer than they would in a normal organisation. If they were at suspension stage for the IE case then unless he really could prove it wasn't him (which he should have done prior to it escalating to him being suspended) he'd be suspended until his court date, if proven guilty he would then be dismissed by the met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz