UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope they find all of the evidence they need. Given he’s a cop and forensically aware plus the delay in his arrest and thus sufficient time to clean up. Then the fact there’s been no sightings or known CCTV with him and Sarah together... all very concerning although I guess Cressida wouldn’t have said he was the guy if there wasn’t enough evidence

To ensure the independence of witness identification evidence, only unless it is absolutely necessary to identify a suspect that needs to be identified quickly and other methods have been exhausted, will the police put such images into the public domain.

We have no idea the weight of evidence that the police have. It was obviously good enough for the Magistrate to grant a further 36 hours in detention. He/She was satisfied that the suspicion of kidnapping and murder for the original arrests and continued detention was reasonable and that there were further reasonable lines of enquiry to be followed. The police will have had to put their case and answer searching questions before the custody extension was granted.

Last edited:
dont they need a definite id for the remains before charging?

Someone asked why WC hadn’t been charged with Kidnap earlier on if there was enough evidence to prove that offence. I was explaining that the Met will be saving that (if so) until they could determine whether a murder charge is a possibility.

I’m not a CPS prosecutor but IMO if they find DNA evidence from SE at a location linked to WC I would suggest they could get a charge. JMO though.

I just hope they find all of the evidence they need. Given he’s a cop and forensically aware plus the delay in his arrest and thus sufficient time to clean up. Then the fact there’s been no sightings or known CCTV with him and Sarah together... all very concerning although I guess Cressida wouldn’t have said he was the guy if there wasn’t enough evidence

Even if they don't have evidence of them together, wouldn't the fact they have found remains at a location that they must have gone to because something related to him lead them there be enough? Or, because they are unidentified remains at the moment would that mean CPS wouldn't fancy a conviction based on that because the defence would have a field day saying it was a coincidence?

As they have stated that identification could take time, could that then mean he could be released pending investigation if the clock runs out in the meantime? It could explain why they have beefed up the search teams to try and find something concrete in time?

Just my rambling opinion.

Here's a hypothesis albeit a disturbing one. Allegedly his vehicle was caught on the CCTV of a bus and on a dashcam of another vehicle. However I imagine there would have been lots of vehicles caught on CCTV around the time of Sarah going missing.

So why exactly did they hone in on him specifically, especially considering the fact he was a serving police officer?

Is it possible that he was under investigation for the indecent exposure allegation, although it wasnt made public by the MET and when they saw his vehicle on the footage they looked into who that vehicle was tied to and it showed that he was under suspicion for alleged indecent exposure and became suspect no1 for that very reason?

Seems very possible, and explains why Cressida Dick was so nervous.

Image as I can't reply to you @PandaMarch... I never said he seems to be a loner

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210311-223252_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311-223252_Samsung Internet.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 205
no, they don’t even *need* a body. But all things being equal you’d prefer to have a positive ID before charging, and given they’re in the process of doing so I can see why they’d rather wait.
but they need to link the suspect and the victim, yes?

In my opinion, I don't think the flashing was "brushed under the carpet", I suspect it was reported and initial investigations of CCTV showed a bloke in a mask who wasn't recognised by witnesses etc, events would have overtaken this flashing investigation - remember the borough CID volume crime detectives are dealing with a huge amount of potential crimes in every 24hr period. I think it would surprise some people how comparatively few detectives their are in the met for the size of the area and staffing has been such an issue the met have been trialing direct entry CID trainee detectives in last couple of years.

It could be once the pictures of WC came to the press, the witnesses to the flashing contacted the police again and said that really looks like the bloke I saw...

I just want to weigh in about the hire car thing. I am not sure how many other U.K. citizens will agree but it is extremely uncommon in the U.K. to hire a car, especially if you have 2 cars sitting on your driveway.

Hiring a car is fairly common among Londoners who don't own one, but need one for a specific journey. Back before Covid there were a few "rent-by-the-hour" services like Zipcar that advertised heavily on the Tube. I agree it's an odd thing to do if you have your own vehicle, though.

With regards to the IE, if it was at a drive thru, I wonder if he had his penis on show when he was driving around, picking the food up? Still IE but possibly explained away if questioned as oh I forgot to do my flies up. So not taken too seriously when investigated.

MOO

I can't believe the press or the police would confuse a hire car with a lease car. As I understand it, lease is one of the most popular methods of car ownership these days. To me, it is very telling, that with a dearth of overall information, the hire car info is one of the titbits that has come out.

As another poster mentions, it is really unusual to hire a car in the UK just to get about. Says disguise/pre med to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme